February 2018 Moms

Randoms 9/17

DD #1 3/26/13
Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
DD #2 3/31/15
DD #3 8/25/16

Re: Randoms 9/17

• Loading the player...
  • I had a hard time keeping up last week. Hopefully I have more time this week. 

@babybro218, yes. 2 miles gets you all the goodies. Extra butter and syrup, too. 

@precious88, we have had a lot of varied responses. Most people were shocked for our second, but we were very vocal and honest about our "one and done" status (this was very much a surprise pregnancy with an iud in place). Most people do end up getting over the top excited once the shock wears off though, since most of them had been wishing we would change our mind. We have been fielding the, "When are you having another," question for years now. I can't wait for people to just be able to visibly tell that I am pregnant to side step the awkward telling. 
  • @precious88 and @lainikins  that is great that you got such excited reactions! Even if it was from just a few people. Every baby is worth being excited about!

We got a few  very negative reactions from people i wouldn't have expected it from.  Dh's sister was shocked and appalled? When dh told her her response was "She wanted more?" This is dh's first baby and he is super excited and she was one of the first told (the other Kids and grandparents were before). What kind of reaction is that?!?

The other downer was my mother,  she just made a face and started talking about how she (and I) needed to protect assets for my older kids so the baby doesn't get it all.  I got very angry with her about this,  all of my Kids will get the same when i die.  why would i treat one differently because it had a different father? 

Other reactions we got when we made our announcement on social media was the wow face that I'm interpreting to be unsupportive.  But whatever,  dh and i are happy and excited,  the Kids are happy and excited,  and so are my in laws.  Everyone else can just suck it, it's not there choice or immediate family. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • DH is running a 1/2 marathon today. I ate breakfast and now I'm walking 2 mi to meet him at the finish so we can get brunch together afterwards. I believe my walk earns me a 2nd (big) breakfast, right???  :p
    Hey! Mine too! 
  • Today is DS2's birthday party.  We have food ready and the house clean.  It's the calm before the storm.  I love having family celebrations but I always end up wishing I could have a Xanax and a drink. 
  • @mamaof5already, people suck some times! You are so right that every baby should be celebrated. If people feel like they have to judge, they should do so silently in their own head. There needs to be way less judgement in this world. 

As a frequent giver of the wow face, I do not think it necessarily is negative. We have not put anything in social media, at least I have not, my husband may have, but I would expect some wow faces. Sure I have a different situation, but still. I maybe would have given a wow face out of admiration that you can handle 6. I could not. It is not me judging you, just I know myself and am really impressed by you and all the other mothers of large families. 
  • @mamaof5already as long as you and DH are happy, that is all that matters! I am so happy for you, and because you have a large family, all the more love to go around! I've used the wow face on FB, and I give it to mean: "Wow! That is amazing!" rather than it being negative.
  • @mamaof5already it's not like all your kids are babies still and even if they were it would be you putting in all the work anyway. People are so rude. 

my 3 year old came home with his first fundraiser. Seriously. He doesn't even know what's going on. 
  • @mamaof5already sorry for all the negative reactions. Like pp said you're the one that will be caring for the baby physically and financially,so i dont get why people have any say at all. Nosey jerks!

@SunflowerMama428 a fundraiser for a 3yr old?! That is just ridiculous. Obviously a 3yr old cant even knowingly participate so it all falls on the parents. 
  • @mamaof5already Again with people judging others' lives. What is wrong with people?

@SunflowerMama428 So the school assigned you to do the fundraiser, really. Fun! :unamused:

I did the Italian shower this morning because I slept terribly last night (random pain all night) and woke up with a headache. Today's a day I just can't.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• After a few weeks "hiatus" for moving and then attempting to return to "normal", I am back. (In case anyone noticed) haha 
    also, I'm STILL So. Tired.
    Nearly 19 weeks and still wishing for that second trimester energy surge.... aaaany time now.....
  • @mamaof5already Again with people judging others' lives. What is wrong with people?

@SunflowerMama428 So the school assigned you to do the fundraiser, really. Fun! :unamused:

I did the Italian shower this morning because I slept terribly last night (random pain all night) and woke up with a headache. Today's a day I just can't.

Yes. So me today! Can't even keep track of the number of times I woke up last night. 

• my 3 year old came home with his first fundraiser. Seriously. He doesn't even know what's going on. 
    Yeah, maybe I'm horrible but when SA came gone with a fundraiser last year (3yrs old) I threw it away.  They should be able to think of better ways for raising money for such young age groups 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @eggplantface Hang in there today!!  
  • After a few weeks "hiatus" for moving and then attempting to return to "normal", I am back. (In case anyone noticed) haha 
    Nearly 19 weeks and still wishing for that second trimester energy surge.... aaaany time now.....
    Same.

I experienced the 2nd tri energy boost with DD and I don't think I'm getting it with this one either! Ugh!
  • @eggplantface out of curiosity, what is the Italian shower 
    Same.

I experienced the 2nd tri energy boost with DD and I don't think I'm getting it with this one either! Ugh!
    It just seems unfair to get it one pregnancy and not the next.... *seriously sulking*
  • @eggplantface out of curiosity, what is the Italian shower 
    I mentioned it in the FFFC thread last week, it's from "Eat, Pray, Love" where the Italian lady puts an inch of water in the bathtub and tells Julia Roberts that's all she needs because "Everything that's important gets washed" (i.e. armpits and undercarriage).
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

Yes. So me today! Can't even keep track of the number of times I woke up last night. 
    This. I am so tired. I was tired all weekend. Its like my energy has been zapped all over again. 

• Just ignore the negative people @mamaof5already.  If they don't want to be happy for you let them be miserable.  Enjoy your happiness with people who share your joy!

@Starynightsky24 this is an option???  I hate fundraisers.  I only buy Girl Scout cookies bc well it's cookies.  I thought your kid got in trouble if you didn't participate.  A fundraiser for 3 year olds is ridiculous.

I am also in club I can't sleep and the second trimester energy boost is a myth.  If one more person says that's just nature preparing you for baby I might hurt someone.  I just want to sleep continuously for maybe 5 hours!
  • @chucksmom15 we didn't get into trouble for it.  Although, we did participate in other fundraising events.  Just not the one that required me to go around and ask people for money for his school. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This pregnancy is kicking my tired butt too. Monday's are especially hard because I get home from work at 11pm. And DD is up at 6am. I don't think I will get that second trimester bliss. Plus we are in that weird two naps to one nap transition for DD. She's a horrible mapper to begin with. She was taking a half hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. Now she is refusing that morning nap. And then thinks she can get by on only a half hour in the afternoon. I miss those breaks in my day. 

My mom is coming over tomorrow though. And she is going to help me start going through DDs clothes and getting it ready to give away/sell. And sorting out the neutral items that I can use for the twins. I think I'm going to save a couple of my favorite outfits of hers to put in a memory box. I'm sure it's silly to hang onto those things, but I know there are a few I can't part with. 
  • @chucksmom15 we skipped the soliciting part in VPK and just signed the permission slip so he could ride his bike with his class (bikeathon.)  They didn't say anything 
  • @meatballs37 I feel you on the nap changes, it's rough to lose those breaks in the day! We're hanging on to two naps by a tiny thread...it's like every other day he'll take two and I'm bracing myself for it to end completely. Hang in there! 
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • I'm just sitting waiting for my 1 hour glucose test. That stuff did not taste great and i think its giving me heartburn lol. I am super nervous about GD but hoping for good results. 

@mamaof5already I use rhe wow face as happy or surprised wow, not negative. But generally if i have a negative reaction to something I just wont react on social media lol.

@SunflowerMama428 3yo and fundraising? For what! Ugh theres gotta be a better way.

• My cousin is selling raffle tickets for her 3 yr old daughters preschool. And some kind of fundraiser for her 6 yr olds gymnastics. Personally as a parent I would just rather pay more $$ than need to fundraise, it's exhausting and it never freaking ends 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

• @meatballs37 maybe if DD goes to one nap it can be a bit earlier than the afternoon one and then maybe she'll sleep later in the morning?
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI

• Aeml1985 said:
    @meatballs37 maybe if DD goes to one nap it can be a bit earlier than the afternoon one and then maybe she'll sleep later in the morning?
    It's possible. But unlikely. She is the most stubborn kid with sleep. It's been a year long battle. I'm hoping these twins are the kind where you have to wake them for feedings. One can only hope. Ha! 
  • @meatballs37 we were having the same nap issue over here too. She took her morning nap at 10a-11a then 1-3pm. I decided to put her down at 11:30 the last couple weeks and she's been sleeping until 2-2:30. Naps rule my life over here. i feel like since I've been a SAHM that I've been a prisoner in my own home from 12-3:30 on most days lol 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • @seitzy3 I totally know how you feel! Prisoner to naps is a good description. And it's so darn unpredictable from day to day. 
  • Words no parent ever wants to hear... "mom, I feel like I'm going to throw up"...
  • Today I got a burst of energy and cleaned both kids rooms.  I really want to get into the new baby's room, but it's still currently in guest room mode.  Now I'm exhausted and sore.  The energy was nice while it lasted. 

• my 3 year old came home with his first fundraiser. Seriously. He doesn't even know what's going on. 
    Yeah, maybe I'm horrible but when SA came gone with a fundraiser last year (3yrs old) I threw it away.  They should be able to think of better ways for raising money for such young age groups 
    I Hate fundraisers! I dont want to buy a whole bunch of overpriced crap i don't need it want,   or food full of preservatives so that 50 cents of each  5 dollars can go towards whatever it is funds need to be raised for. I would much rather just donate $ towards what is needed. I am the pto president at our elementary and we don't do traditions fundraisers because i don't want to buy or sell a bunch of random things all year.  Most of those fundraisers earn a very small percentage of the amount sold. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Met our pediatrician today. DD had to get her sports physical & get a plantar wart removed. I really liked this Dr and liked how she took the time at our appointment. Yeah it's an hour+ drive but worth it!

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Where'd the "guess what this baby is" post go?

• @Aeml1985 Did it get deleted? 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @Aeml1985 Did it get deleted? 
    It must have? But how and by who?