November 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In - 9/11

1) How far along are you?
2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
3) Cravings/symptoms?
4) Rants/raves/concerns?
5) Anything else you want to add/ask?
6) GTKY:  Do you have a fur-baby? If so, what has been his/her reaction to your pregnancy so far?

Re: FTM Check In - 9/11

• Options
    1) How far along are you?  32+2

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? No appointments this week.  I'm on the every-other week schedule now.

3) Cravings/symptoms?  No specific cravings, but definitely hungry lately.  I have been hit by the snack drive a few times over the weekend.  Although we were out to eat this weekend.  One of the menu items with a briney/salty flavor profile sounded great on the menu and definitely did not hit the spot when I ate it.  Bummer.

My skin is definitely much more dry and itchy lately.  I feel like I'm basting myself up like a turkey several times a day.  My breasts are generally sore - not noticeably all the time, but heavy and tender.  Now that the weather is turning colder, the vasospasms are getting worse.  I'm about to sew myself little rice packets I can warm up in the microwave and stuff into my bra during the day just to get some relief.

4) Rants/raves/concerns?  Well, clumsiness is getting worse.  I slipped down the stairs over the weekend.  Caught myself after a few steps, so I"m mostly fine. The kid is totally fine.  But I really wrenched my arm in the process and it still is quite sore.

We went to an organ concert over the weekend to celebrate the retirement of our former choir master and organist.  I swear I have a future musician or organist on my hands! I have never felt more concentrated and emphatic movement in this pregnancy as I did during that hour long concert (and I listen to a wide variety of music all the time)!

The whole working-mom, returning to work tension is starting to weigh on me. I need to contact the nanny service we've decided to use and start interviewing nannies.  What we can afford right now is partially impacted by the cost of health care, which I won't know for a while yet.  We have to switch to a family plan from our current "couples only" plan, which itself will cause our monthly premiums to double, but I won't know for a while what the plan year premium increase will be.  Harvard Pilgrim is projecting a 40% increase in premium costs for the individual market for next year; there has been no projection for employer sponsored plans that is publicly available.  My husband started to have a freak-out moment last week over our finances and basically banned me from spending any money on anything at all.   Admittedly, shopping used to be my little bit of personal time, if you will -- I am the breadwinner and take care of all the bills and insurance.  Sometimes it feels nice to spend a little bit on myself.  But .. kids are so bloody expensive.  It's worth it, right, to basically cut back on everything except haircuts and personal grooming, so I can take care of my kid?  

6) GTKY:  Do you have a fur-baby? If so, what has been his/her reaction to your pregnancy so far?  I have a dog - Gus.  He's a griff.  He was clue #1 that I was pregnant as he suddenly started to cling to me like velcro.  Not protective at that time, just clingy.  Now he's getting protective of me, constantly putting himself in between me and who/what-ever else is around.  
  • Options

31 weeks.

No appointments this week had one last week and everything was right on track.

3) Cravings/symptoms?

I just want to eat all the candy (like gummy bears).

4) Rants/raves/concerns?

I can’t get comfortable at all at night my hips hurt after being on my side for to long and I have been getting heartburn at night.

Nope

6) GTKY:  Do you have a fur-baby? If so, what has been his/her reaction to your pregnancy so far?

I have a 3 year old lab collie mix dog named Naya. She has been super cuddly with me since I got pregnant. I am interested to see how she will react to a baby in the house. She is a nervous dog and very protective over DH and I. I have done lots of googling on how to introduce baby and dog as I want to make sure both baby and dog are safe and have their own space.     

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    32+5
    I have one coming up on Thursday.
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I've been craving gummy candies, like Swedish Fish - just like @kdw89
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    This has not bothered me up until this point, but now that I have a very visible belly I'm getting annoyed with people commenting on my pregnancy all the time. They're not even saying anything mean, but I miss walking down the city sidewalk or the hall at work and being more anonymous. Maybe getting grouchy in third trimester? 
    How are people dealing with all the horrific birth stories? I've heard exactly 2 positive birth stories and double digits horror stories. A close family member of mine also just had a very traumatic birth. It's freaking me out!
    Yes, a cat and a dog (turtle, too, but he is disinterested lol). The dog seems a little gentler with me, when we used to rough house a lot. The cat wants to sit on my lap all the time, probably because of my extra warm belly, but most of the summer I haven't wanted that added heat! Both are pretty mellow and will be great with the baby.
  • Options
    32W
    Nothing for 2 weeks 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Nothing much really feel pretty normal for most of it 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Lots of concerns  but nothing I'll bring up 
    Nothing major I spoke just lots to get done with buying a house and moving away from where we are and having a baby all at the same time 
    well be getting a dog. My aunt is a breeder we are just waiting on the house to be dog friendly we need to replace the fence .
    She's a 1yo very socalised and kid friendly minature long hair dachshund
    We've been waiting for the house .
    We are a dog family and won't really have problems introducing both baby and dog to our life 
    We have an open cage green cheek conure which gets a bit excited around kids and can bite when he is riled up that I'm more concerned about balancing attention and keeping tiny fingers safe with 
    He is handled daily and fed out of cage mostly just quiet time and at night he is put away so I do worry we may neglect his needs in the early weeks . He has a habit of chewing  off his flight feathers when he gets bored or if he is pissy

@buhundbae
    My birth therapist said to just uninvited negativity. 
    Acknowledge people's stories and even show compassion for their experience  by just saying .I appreciate your experience but I don't want to focus that kind of thing right now . Or something to that effect . 
    I feel this way especially about c sections and just tell people that I am focusing elsewhere . 
    I'm well informed and will address these experiences only when or if I need to and in the mean time I'm focused on a proactive and positive experience 

• Options
    30 weeks! 
    Had my growth u/s and regular appt last week. Baby's doing great! 41st percentile! And had my labor/birthing class on Sat. That went well. I feel slightly more prepared
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Um no cravings really. Can stomach a few more items Yay! Leg pain, back pain, rib pain, and Braxton Hicks.
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    I made 2 meals this week that I was putting off due to not being able to stomach tomatoes or sausage. And I ate them both without issue! Substituted the tomatoes for tomatillos and sausage for turkey sausage (to help lessen the stomach aches) and it worked.
    I have 3. The cat was the most annoying at the beginning and after halfway kind of leaves me alone, loves baby's room tho but hangs out with daddy. One dog loves cuddling me but always has. She still doesn't get that she can't smack me..has no clue she's rough even tho I've tried to correct the behavior since we first got her. And our other dog doesn't kno what to do. She's started coming around and snuggles me but it's rare. She doesn't like putting her head on me often which is all she used to do. But they're all more protective of me now than ever.
  • Options
    That is great advice @foxairt - thank you!
  • Options
    31w today
    Check up on Monday, it went well. Baby's heartbeat was about 136, right on track!
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Hip and back pain, and some trouble sleeping. 
    4) Rants/raves/concerns?
    Birthing class today was good, very informative. 
    We have a cat, Penelope, and she doesn't seem too bothered by anything. She just sits in my lap a little more. I think the bigger change will be once LO gets here.