Re: Introduce yourself here :)

• @dreamscapes_ Well, good luck to your husband!  Hope he gets it :smiley:
    Me: 25 │DH: 27
    Married: 05/27/2017
    TTC #1 since 08/07/2017

• almondrosealmondrose member
    edited September 2017
    Hi everyone,

Lurker here who is finally ready to start posting.

Ages (you and SO): 
    Me: 25 | DH: 26
    What brings you to BOTB?  The fact that we're 3 months from TTC!! I've had baby fever for what seems like ever and I just finished my last pack of BC. AF came in today. Gonna start shopping for prenatals. Any recs?
    When will you start TTC? January '18
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.):  Recently married. No kiddos yet (TTC first timers) but we've got one dog. DH works full time for big cooperation and I'm part time in Education. We're both goofballs who love food. 

Me: 25  DH: 27
    TTC #1: 1/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Ages (you and SO): 24 and almost 26

What brings you to BOTB? It's nice to be able to talk to ladies in the same position, helps pass the time!

When will you start TTC? February, which is when we're getting married! 

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc): Hmm I'm a pretty boring laid-back home body. We have 2 dogs, Penny & Layla and 1 cat, Oliver. I've been a vegetarian for 11 years. I love cooking, yoga and watching too much TV. 
  • Welcome @almondrose and @knottiee49f1963525fdb45!!

Btw knottiee, if you log back into The Knot then you can change your screen name to something that's easier to recognize and tag :) 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @almondrose and @soonenough_ welcome! 

I have had good experiences with Rainbow Light prenatal vitamins. You have to buy DHA/Omega 3 separately though. 

• Welcome @almondrose and @soonenough_ !!  Glad to have you both. My TTC start date is in December so we will all be back-to-back :) I haven't started prenatals yet (that is on the agenda for the next month or two), so I'll be interested to see any suggestions you get. 
  • Thank you all for the warm welcomes! @CecilB93 @KFrob @lifesabeach85 @diaphena

I'm actually considering Rainbow light! It seems to be a pretty popular one. I'm so excited to keep up with all you ladies! Can we make a group or something? Do you all have baby names picked out? We have first names for B and G but middle names are still up in the air. Has anyone already bought a couple baby things like me?

• I just go with the Target brand twin pack of vitamins and DHA
  • Ages (you and SO): 31 & 32
    What brings you to BOTB? Just beginning to TTC #3
    When will you start TTC? Just did! Ha!
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) Grant (15 mos) and Sophie (almost 4). No pets, I'm a SAHM, and when I get spare time (ha), I like to veg and watch tv, read, get a pedicure, I enjoy shopping, lunch or dinner with a friend, etc. I'm not super crazy.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome @little_bren!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • I have been lurking here on and off for probably around a year now. Finally feel like it's the right time for me to jump in! (PSA, I'm long winded lol)

Ages (you and SO): 25 (26 the end of December) and hubby is 27

What brings you to BOTB? The baby fever has turned to some serious longing and feeling like something is missing. Hubby and I are the only ones in our world who are even close to TTC. My BFF/cousin is TTC with her husband, but they are dealing with infertility, and I know sometimes it's rough on her to talk about it.

When will you start TTC? If I had it my way we would've started the last couple of months. More realistically, probably not before this time next year if not after that.... We STILL have several things on our pre-baby checklist left....

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) The hubs and I have been married for 2 years this October, but we have been together since i was 16. Our 10 year anniversary is coming up at the end of January!! We have 3 beautiful fur babies, all cats. A grumpy old lady named Kyra, and then 2 boys Simon and Oscar. I am a Registered Nurse. I used to be in labor and delivery at a busy county hospital. I absolutely loved it, but the management was not supportive at all and treated staff horribly. Now I work at a pain management clinic in an orthopedic specialty hospital performing procedures to relieve chronic pain, mostly spine. Hubby is a software engineer who does mostly web development for event management software for expose and conventions. He works from home.

I just recently injures my knee while training for Camp Gladiator games. (Completely tore my right ACL and ripped the top half totally off my femur.) I had surgery to repair it, but recovery is a process and there is no light duty at my job, so I have been home since the 23rd of August.... #cabinfever

I am excited to officially join you ladies and the community!!
  • @jurassicsarp Welcome aboard! I hope your recovery goes smoothly for your knee! Totally understand the cabin fever. I was on an unpaid medical leave for four months earlier this year. It sucked.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
  • Welcome @little_bren and @jurassicsarp!

• Thanks ladies!!! 

@dreamscapes_ yeesh!!! Mine will be around 8-9 weeks before I can go back to work, and that's plenty long enough!!!
  • @jurassicsarp The length of mine was because of how long it took my employer to find me a new position that could accommodate my restrictions. But yeah, it wasn't fun. I'm glad yours won't be anywhere near that long!
  • lemondrop28lemondrop28 member
    edited October 2017
    Ages (you and SO): I am 30 and DH is 29

What brings you to BOTB? We recently decided that it's time for my Mirena to come out! I need to establish care with a new OB/GYN and then make a second appointment to have my mirena taken out. First visit is next week.

When will you start TTC? November. We don't want any more July birthdays in our family.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)
    We have two littles already. Audrey will be 6 in a few weeks, Parker turned 4 in July. 
    We have two golden retrievers named Hunter and Mason. 
    I am a surgical technologist and have been for about 8 years now. I'm waiting for DH to finish his IT project management degree (next December) and then I'll be back in school. He's been the stay at home parent and full time student since he got out of the Navy a couple of years ago. 

I love all sorts of crafty stuff! I have a huge shelving unit to hold all of my supplies and a few smaller shelves and drawers to hold the overflow. Lol. If you need something, I probably have something in my stash that will work for what you want! 
    We are also a huge Disney family. We live a little less than 2 hours away from WDW and go every chance we get!

Thanks for having me here!!!
  • Welcome @lemondrop28!! Your reasons for waiting are the same as mine! Between mine and DHs families, we have at least 6 July birthdays to keep track of!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Welcome, @lemondrop28! I actually work at WDW, so maybe I’ve seen you around, lol!
  • Welcome @lemondrop28!

Just wanted to mention I started taking the rainbow light prenatal and so far it's been fine, no issues whatsoever. 

• Ages (you and SO): I'm 34, and he's 35

What brings you to BOTB? We've been ready and considering trying for a while, but we needed to wait for me to have a hematology and MFM appointment before we could consider trying. Now, I'm just waiting for my appointment to have my IUD removed in 2 weeks. I'm totally in the baby zone in my brain and can't wait to be there with my body too.

When will you start TTC? I'm having my IUD removed in 2 weeks, and after AF, we will start trying next month.We live across the state from our families, and have decided to TTC while we're here since I have access to health care and can have great medical care while I'm expecting and delivery through my job.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) - We got married in March, and have just passed our 6 month waiting period from a trip to Jamaica (no thank you Zika virus). We have a great toy poodle, and she's a great first baby for us.
    We're in the process of preparing to build a house closer to our families, so I spend a lot of time working on selecting house plans, and my husband spends a lot of time clearing our lot and preparing future home.
    I love to bake, and read, and my husband loves fixing cars, working outside and flipping houses.

I'm excited to see so many like minded people together :)

• Welcome aboard, @sisiv!
  • Ages (you and SO): We're both 27

What brings you to BOTB? I was pretty active when I was TTC and pregnant with my daughter (she's a Jan14 babe), and missed that experience when pregnant with my son (Feb16). We're not quite ready to TTC again but figured I might as well join in somewhere on here and try to make some friends early on.

When will you start TTC? Probably not until late 2018 at the earliest. We've got a few trips in mind that would be a lot easier to do without a tiny babe.

Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) I've got 2 spawns, my girl is almost 4 and my son is almost 2 (he's my little Leapling!). I've got a cat, named Sir John JC Abbott, but we call him Abby or Mr Kitty a lot though lol. I love to sew (I'm a seamstress), travel, and of course, play video games.
  • Welcome ladies!!

@CanadianGamerMom were you Feb or March 16?? I was on the March 16 BMB but DS decided to come 2/28, only about 12 hours away from leap day!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @CecilB93 I was Feb16, I was originally due on the 22nd, then it got moved to the 19th and I had him on the 29th lol. I was working full time and my girl is high energy so I didn't have as much time to be on here in the bmb.
  • Hi everyone!  Long time lurker, first time poster.

Ages (you and SO): 30 and 35
    What brings you to BOTB? My twin girls are 2 1/2 and I'm really getting the feeling it's time for another.  My husband is almost on board (he's so worried about twins again and going from 2 to 4 would be a scary change!), so while I wait I thought I would spend the time with you lovely ladies!
    When will you start TTC? Hopefully within the next 6 months.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.) In addition to our kids we have 2 cats and live in Alberta, Canada.  I'm into crochet and like to sell my goods at local craft markets.  I've recently gotten back into fitness and am hoping to take my Certified Personal Trainer course so I can switch careers out of this boring office into better hours that work with our family and actually feel good about helping others.

I was lurking around TTGP when I was TTC the first time in 2014 and when I finally got the courage to post the mass exodus happened so I never actually got to participate.  I've been lurking again for a few months now and am so happy to see the snark and science are still around!
    Me: 31
    H: 36
    L & N twin girls: 3yo. Born at 30 weeks. 2 month NICU stay
    BFP Aug 2018: EDD April 2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Ages (you and SO): I’m 30, DH is 31
    What brings you to BOTB? Baby fever and some company.
    When will you start TTC? We plan to start trying for #2 after the cruise we have planned. It’s our honeymoon/baby moon/ our first real vacation in the 12 years we’ve been together.
    Tell us about yourself (kids, pets, job, interests, etc.)

I’ve been a bump member for a few years now, and a Knottie before that. I participated in TTGP for a few months before joining the June 2016 BMB. I still post there with the handful of ladies left, but I’m hoping for some more activity here. I’ve been lurking here and on TTGP, as well as the newer bmb’s when the drama starts.

DD is now 15 months and a little ham. I work as an civilian engineer for the Navy and so far enjoy being a working mom, although it’s busy. I also have a fur kid, my 7 year old pit mix pup.

I look forward to getting to know you all!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::