Babies: 9 - 12 Months

She'll only sleep on me...

And I have to say that I love it.  It won't be too long until she won't need me as much and won't want to snuggle.  I'm enjoying it because I know it will all be over soon...and I'll never get this chance again.

Re: She'll only sleep on me...

• Yep! That's what I tell myself whenever she screams at DH and only calms down when I want to hold her. Laundry be damned... in 13 years she'll scream and yell at me when I don't let her go out with her friends to see a rated-R film :P
  • Exactly!  20 years from now will I care that I was sleep deprived?  Nope.  I'll miss her little head snuggled under my chin.
  • Loading the player...
  • This is exactly the reason I have not tried to wean his 3:30am feeding.  He is so warm and snuggly and then he falls asleep on my shoulder after he is done eating.  I am not willing to give that up yet
  • I love it too!! My mom gets so mad at me because we hold him for some of his naps (that's when he takes his best naps). She says she always has to hold him now too and she can't get anything done. I don't really care I like to hold him and it isn't going to last for ever.
  • I wish I could be as happy about it as you today.
    Bunny 05.2008//mc 9.2009//Bubba 07.2010//mc 10.2011//
    Bloggin' It
  • imageJollyGreenGoat:

My napping baby (and thumbsucker apparently):

https://www.vimeo.com/2680874

That is too cute.

• (Most days) I feel the same way.  I don't mind nursing her to sleep or if she only wants to be held all day.  Yes, it can be frustrating.  But will I care in 1, or even 5 years?  No.  I like my snuggly baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the only snuggle time I can get with my little mover is when he naps on me on the weekends.  I've told my mom to keep quiet over the issue because she thinks I'm spoiling him.  No, actually mom, I'm spoiling me.  kthxbai.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • Me too....I don't like it though when she won't sleep at night unless she is literally right next to me, using my arm as her pillow.  I love the snuggling on the couch and all of that stuff, but seriously she needs to learn to sleep in her own bed and if she is in our bed....SHARE IT..please.
  • ITA Hippy. On Sunday after feeding Marissa her bottle she fell asleep on me and usually I'd put her in her crib but I let her sleep on me for almost 45 mins and it felt soooo good! I know there is coming a day when she won't want to lay on me, gosh, that will be so sad :(
  • JollyGG - that video is just TOO adorable!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"