September 2017 Moms

Randoms 9/14

Re: Randoms 9/14

• My son was two weeks early, so I was mentally preparing for this little girl to be early too. At this rate she will be on time which feels to me as if it is late! I know she will come when she's ready, but I am feeling grouchy this morning in particular. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @cchenal07, best wishes for a smooth delivery!
  • 38+1..originally when I got my GD diagnosis they talked about inducing between 38-39 weeks so I've had this time period in my head for awhile and been prepared to be induced sometime this week. At my last appt my OB decided to let me go longer since my fluid levels and NST tests have all been good. Now he won't let me go past my due date but is hoping i'll go on my own sometime before that. I know it's better to let baby cook a little longer but i'm feeling anxious since i've been prepared to have a baby this week and now I have potentially another 2 weeks to wait. 
  • hmclaren said:
    38+1..originally when I got my GD diagnosis they talked about inducing between 38-39 weeks so I've had this time period in my head for awhile and been prepared to be induced sometime this week. At my last appt my OB decided to let me go longer since my fluid levels and NST tests have all been good. Now he won't let me go past my due date but is hoping i'll go on my own sometime before that. I know it's better to let baby cook a little longer but i'm feeling anxious since i've been prepared to have a baby this week and now I have potentially another 2 weeks to wait. 
    Fingers crossed your baby comes on his or her own before your induction, and also that you don't have to wait too long!! I might be facing the opposite situation. I have induction scheduled for next Weds, at 39+4, and am trying to prepare for what happens if they tell me at the growth scan tomorrow that we will be going in this weekend. It's a possibility based on recent sugars. Wishing you a healthy and safe experience no matter how it shakes out.
  • maddyclarkin1maddyclarkin1 member
    edited September 2017
    38+5 today with baby #2 and have experienced false labour, or to make it a positive, practice labour twice now. I went over 10 days with my DD so I am expecting the same to happen this time. Does anyone else have problems with sciatica since being pregnant? I didn't get it with my first, although I have it this time and it is becoming very painful at bed time!
  • @divinemsm620 Thanks mama, same to you! Good luck tomorrow, I'm sure everything will work out no matter when they decide to induce  :)
  • I'm here to whine and say that I'm not enjoyimg the mind f that is guessing if this is labor or not? I feel pretty lousy and I'm dilated, so. when baby engages during contractions, it sure feels like the real thing. 
  • @lilpoots I still say that even a "Mediacom" time frame for child birth would be ideal. Lol
    For example: You will deliver anytime between September 15-18th. Haha
    There is at least some preparation there!
  • @divinemsm620, I'm so impressed that you're still teaching! I'm sure that if I were still in the classroom, uncomfortable and frustrated, I'd earn a different reputation as a teacher. Best wishes for your appointment today. 
  • Still here at 39+1. I was shocked that during my weekly appointment yesterday my OB suggested scheduling an induction date already. I've had zero complications this pregnancy and baby is doing well. I turned her down and said that if it came to it we could schedule something after my 40 week appointment. I hope it doesn't come to that as I intend to have a medicated free labor again, and I've heard that it is much more difficult to achieve this with an induction. Anyone have experience with a successful, med free induction? 
  • @lilpoots, I'm with you. My brother and sister-in-law are on call to watch my three year old in the event that I go into labor at night, and I really don't want to wake them for a 45 minute drive to our place just for a false alarm. 
  • Still here at 39+1. I was shocked that during my weekly appointment yesterday my OB suggested scheduling an induction date already. I've had zero complications this pregnancy and baby is doing well. I turned her down and said that if it came to it we could schedule something after my 40 week appointment. I hope it doesn't come to that as I intend to have a medicated free labor again, and I've heard that it is much more difficult to achieve this with an induction. Anyone have experience with a successful, med free induction? 
    We scheduled my induction bc my OB said he would rather have one booked than need one and not have any open dates. They get booked fast at the hospital. Maybe that's why he suggested it? I was induced with my first and I don't know if I could have done it unmedicated. The contractions were very intense from the get go. I went unmedicated with this baby but was not induced. 
    If you've already gone unmedicated and have to be induced you can probably do it! 
    fingers crossed you don't have to be. 
  • @coastalmomma-2 I have. One with pitocin and one without. I guess I had 1 round of fentanyl with Anastasia but it doesn't help anyway. 
  • I have a UTI!!!!  I just want to whine about it. It hurts like hell. I haven't had one in years. My midwife would not prescribe meds over the phone so I'm stuck here at urgent care waiting to be seen. 
  • @coastalmomma-2 it actually hasn't been bad, apart from the weather. With high schoolers I can definitely sit and they understand. And my sub started on Wednesday, so that has helped! It's been nice to be distracted, somewhat, from
    the waiting game.

@hmclaren they did not move my date even though my baby is huge! Estimated 85th %ile but 98th for his belly. Eep. How are you doing?
  • So sorry @JustBored10, that sucks  :'(
  • @lilpoots @coastalmomma-2 I am so with you. At my sweep yesterday the midwife told me I was 3-4cm dilated already and then I started having contractions last night so was convinced that was it so I phoned the hospital. They said to give it a while as it may just be from the sweep and may settle down. Sure enough an hour or so later, no more contractions  :s Screws with your head so much!!
  • I might be ready to try all the old wives tales to get labor going just to avoid having three appointments on Monday  :D I have a chiropractor appointment, midwifery, then a fluid check that I have to drive almost another half an hour away for. Plus, the weekend there aren't any appointments at the midwifery center so it would be quieter. Come out tomorrow or Sunday please baby!!!
  • @divinemsm620 Hanging in there! It's good that you have a little more time to prepare. I'm still hoping this baby decides to make an appearance sooner rather than later. She was measuring 5-6 lbs at my 34 week scan and I haven't had one since, so I might be right there with you on the big baby train.
  • hmclaren said:
    @divinemsm620 Hanging in there! It's good that you have a little more time to prepare. I'm still hoping this baby decides to make an appearance sooner rather than later. She was measuring 5-6 lbs at my 34 week scan and I haven't had one since, so I might be right there with you on the big baby train.
    They estimated 8lbs 8oz yesterday and 5lbs 11oz at 35 weeks, so you could be right there with me! I am just hoping he is under 9 so I have a decent chance of pushing him out. Hang in there!! 
  • @divinemsm620 my baby was born 2 days after his last growth scan and his birth weight was 9 oz less than what they estimated from the growth scan, so fingers crossed your baby might actually be smaller than that estimate!
  • @divinemsm620, best of luck. This little girl was over half a pound under her estimate. From what I hear, their estimates are frequently off a pound or so. 
  • EmilyE13EmilyE13 member
    edited September 2017
    @Carebella Any progress? Take a long walk and go get a pedicure!

I started getting some crazy pressure yesterday but no contractions, so I'm chalking it up to overdoing it (gym followed by walking around a ton between my niece and nephew's soccer games and then errands). I'm 38+3 today and starting to freak out about having everything ready. If I don't quit procrastinating and get these baby clothes washed and hospital bag packed, I just know I'm going to be caught even more unprepared than I already am as a FTM. 

ETA punctuation matters!
  • I was told on a Friday morning that DS was about 8.5 pounds. Gave birth the next day to a 9lb, 10oz kid. So yes, measurements are often off and it isn't always favorable. 
  • So honest question here....How much does weight really matter when giving birth?? I just had my third and she was my quickest and "easiest". I should add she was my biggest also. Wouldn't it be the size of the head and shoulders that makes the difference? I've been lucky I guess and none of them have had huge heads. Idk. I'm just throwing it out there.
  • @tfrangul I am a FTM but my OB was very concerned about shoulder dystocia or a broken collar bone (even though both are uncommon). My baby's head isn't measuring big--his abdomen is the issue--but his dad and paternal grandmother have very large heads relative to body size. So this all has me concerned. :-/ But yes, I think the shape of the baby would probably matter more than the overall weight.
  • @divinemsm620 ok that makes sense. My husband has a huge head. When I was pregnant with our first people were of course making all sorts of comments. 
    I know my little sister had a broken collar bone when she was born. She was 9 lbs 11 oz. But this was 21 years ago and no one expected my mom to have a baby that size! 
    Good luck to you though. I will be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting your announcement!
  • My baby was 9lb 6oz but 22" long. I had an agonizing labor but not because of his size -- I pushed for about 1.5h but could have pushed way less -- unfortunately there was some meconium in his amniotic fluid so they needed to assemble a team of NICU nurses.  They were busy with an emergent c-section so I had to stop pushing for about 30m and just hold him in. When I was finally allowed to push again he came right out. There was some tearing but I am healing up nicely. 

My mom has a history of big babies and my brother, who was almost 10 lbs, was the easiest of her 4 labors as well.  So try to think positively if you can (or if it helps, think negatively but know that you may be pleasantly surprised!).
  • My first came out with one arm up by his head so They were worried about shoulder dystocia with him. He also had a head in the 95th percentile but wasn't big. He was 7.8. This baby was about a pound bigger and was out in 3 contractions. 
  • @carebella I am so glad it worked out the way you wanted!!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! 
  • @Carebella Hooray!! That's wonderful news. Congratulations on your little girl and what sounds like a great birth!
  • I'm 40+4, sitting in a room for over 45 minutes with an NST running. Got told I needed to be undressed because my doctor would be in during NST to check me. Still waiting.
    **TW** Loss mentioned
    Me:35 DH:35
    Married 9/2013
    BFP#1 1/28/2014 DS born 10/21/2014
    BFP#2 7/4/2016 , MC at 7w5d on 7/27
    BFP#3 1/5/2017