February 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL Check-in 9/13

Sorry there wasn't one last week. Let's make up for it today!

How far along are you?

Any appointments or tests coming up?

How are you feeling mentally/physically?

Any Questions/Rants/Raves/Concerns? 

GTKY: What do you do with this pregnancy that you don't think you would do if you weren't PGAL?

****TW Signature****
BabyFruit Ticker
DD born 04/28/2002
Married DH 03/25/2017
1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

Re: PGAL Check-in 9/13

• Options
    How far along are you? 16w6d

Any appointments or tests coming up? OB appt and anatomy scan the last two days of the month.

Tired and super snappy at people. I tend to burst into tears lately and I'm not normally a crier.

My boss knows when I'm going out on leave and that she needs to hire someone soon so they can be here by Thanksgiving and fully trained by the end of the year. Still hasn't made any effort to do so.

GTKY: What do you do with this pregnancy that you don't think you would do if you weren't PGAL?
    I bought a heart beat monitor and listen at least every other day. I also check the toilet paper for signs of spotting and overanalyze every symptom or lack of one. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    fatted_calffatted_calf member
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you?
    17+2

Anatomy scan on 9/20.  I had one at 16+1 with MFM but my OB wants to do one too.  The more I get to look the better!

CRANKY.  There's a lot of upheaval in our lives right now (nothing bad, just family changes and job stuff) and my patience is very, very thin.  Still waiting for that 2nd tri engergy boost to kick in.  Otherwise I feel good!  Hungry allll the time and anxious to start feeling some movement.  Still dealing with intermittent SCH bleeding but the MFM made me feel a lot better because he's not terribly worried.  

How are you all feeling about your weight gain/lack thereof so far?  I was heavier than I needed to be when I got pregnant so I'm trying to keep my gain on the lower end, 15-20 lbs.  So far I'm at 6 lbs but reining my intake in is getting harder by the day.

I'd probably be doing more prep work.  Aside from a couple of clothing items I haven't begun to pick out baby stuff.  I keep thinking 'I'll feel more secure after the next ultrasound' but haven't gotten there yet.  The nagging, underlying fear is making me hesitant, I think.

Edited for a silly spelling derp. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you?
    16w2d
    Check up tomorrow!

I finally have that 2nd tri energy boost!
    I am a stm and already have a undeniable bump. Co-workers and family bring up my pregnancy and want to have cheery normal conversations that non - PGALS have all the time. I am of course excited and thrilled to be expecting but talking about it outloud is SO SCARY. It would be so great to have the blissfull, and fearless happiness that non-pgals have during their pregnancies.
    what @fatted_calf said really resonated with me. We haven't made any purchases or made any preparations. Definitely looking forward to the anatomy scan thats still 4 weeks away.
  • Options
    @mayapple44 While I'm not happy that either of us is feeling this way I am glad to know I'm not the only one.  I was started to feel like a bad mom for not being more 'with it'.  And I hear you on not wanting to talk about it much either.  The ladies at my church know what I've been through and are very respectful of my need to be low key right now.  I work remotely and only see my coworkers once a year so I've been spared those conversations to this point but am leaving Sunday for our annual gathering.  I still don't know how, or even if, I want to tell them.  I hate that I can't be all giddy and excited.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    17w5d.

I have a regular appt. on Friday.

I'm doing okay mentally. I still deal with anxiety here and there and have better days when I try to focus on the positive. Being high risk doesn't help. I plan to start listening to my Hypnobabies recordings to help ease the stress and anxiety on days that I struggle.

None at the moment.

It takes me longer to feel even temporary reassurance, so I don't buy anything until 7ish months, and I keep tags and receipts to everything. I still remember being ready and prepared when I was nearing the end with ds1. I had just ordered my birth kit and we were talking about plans to induce. And then the trap door opened. So in my head, even making it to the third trimester and near/at term, is no guarantee, so I am more cautious. Once I hit 37 weeks, I'm mentally and emotionally done. I'll be induced no later than 39 weeks, sooner if BP increases or I show signs of pre-e.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options

How far along are you?
    18 weeks
    Anatomy scan Monday - hoping all goes well and looking forward to finding out the gender. I'm hoping it will seem a little more real then. 

Physically - good. Mentally - anxious and cautious, but trying to just take it one moment and day at a time. It's hard with appointments always the worry that you'll get bad news. It's so hard to shake the PgAL brain sometimes. 

I'd be more confident that I'd have a living child at the end. Right now it's a prayer and a hope. 

@fatted_calf - my hope is after the anatomy scan Monday if all goes well I too will prep more. But I'm right there with you - it is so hard! Also try not to sweat the weight gain as long as your doctor isn't concerned you shouldn't be either. PgAL is so challenging. I gained a lot with my DD after loosing my son, but I was in survival mode. I ate due to stress and to keep her moving - it came off at it's own pace after. Some weeks you might gain a little more and others not so much, but at the end of day as long as you and LO are both ok that's all that really matters. 
    @rainafire77 I know what you mean about over analyzing all the symptoms and lack of them at times too - it's a lot of stress sometimes! Hope your boss kicks it into gear with bringing in someone to take over your roll - so annoying when they drag their feet. But if they drop the ball and bring someone in too late for you to fully train that's on them. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    16 weeks and some change

Checkup today--I want to hear that little heartbeat.  

Physically good--headaches/heartburn are my most annoying symptoms.  Mentally, I still find myself not completely connecting? (not the right word) with the baby.  We know it's a boy--but I don't want to talk about names yet or get anything out.  I am not sure when that will go away...

Nothing really...

I am so much more cautious about telling people.  No big FB announcement for us.  Also, seconding what you girls said about not getting stuff out and getting more prepared.  Maybe after the anatomy scan?  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w6d

Anatomy scan 2 weeks from today. Which is the 1 year anniversary of meeting my sons birth mom for the first time and I'm loving having a positive anniversary to associate it with. Us PGAL ladies know all to well everything we associate with is usually IRS to bad memories.

i had some spotting last week again (turned out fine) but I am just over analyzing everything again. I'm not as tired or nauseous which is good - but I'm not yet feeling movement so I do miss those Reminders that I am still pregnant.

@fatted_calf
    I totally relate on the weight gain. I'm up 10lbs already and really need to slow that down. It's so so hard though!!

i don't think I would still be checking the toilet paper for blood. I would also probably have taken a bump picture by now. 
  • Options
    @fatted_calf I haven't bought anything either and that's mostly because of DH. Our two losses were as hard on him as they were me and he's possibly more gunshy about this pregnancy. He's just now starting to get excited (he bought baby ear buds for the baby to listen to music) but he's hesitant to make any major purchases. I've bought that shirt for him that says "I created a Monster" with the onesie that says "Monster" and we got another cute onesie when we went to the coast but other than that nothing. I want us to be positive and but it's been hard to bring him around. I think he's also afraid of spending a lot of money only to have another loss. Maybe after our anatomy scan he'll be more open.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 love the T shirt and onsie that you got - sounds so cute!
  • Options
    @rainafire77 My husband is similar.  He hasn't been to an ultrasound with me yet and it worried about going next week because he's afraid he'll jinx things.  (For context, the last time he went to one was when we learned we'd lost our first baby.  He was shaken by that experience whether he'll openly admit it or not.)  I very much want him to go with me but I also understand he needs to deal with his fear in his own way.  I hate for him to miss out on these experiences though so I'm trying to gently encourage him as much as possible.  If he doesn't go next week I'm going to force the issue and make him go 10/3.

The onesie/shirt combo you bought is too cute! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    17 + 2
    A/S at the end of the month. Can't come soon enough.  I was getting Ultrasounds every two weeks through first trimester, but as soon as we could hear his HB on doppler that stopped. I'm so glad we found him, but I haven't seen him since 10 weeks and I'm getting stressed out. 

I'm getting more anxious/nervous as time goes by. This is going to sound weird, but I KNEW something was wrong with the baby  before we found out about the MMC last time. I just, knew it. I told DH on our way to the appointment something was wrong, and it was. Now, I can't tell if I feel like something is wrong because PGAL or because something is wrong. Ugh. 

Physically I have pretty constant pain/pressure in my lower abdomen. I'm just really uncomfortable and it feels early to be so uncomfortable. That doesn't help. 

Just ranting at someone who made the decision that pregnant ladies shouldn't get to see their babies whenever they damn well please. 

Use doppler so often. Hell, I probably wouldn't even have a doppler.