September 2016 Moms

September Randoms

Figured we should start this!
Hope everyone enjoyed their long weekends (if you had one)!

Re: September Randoms

• Very well said!! I'm happy this board has remained with just a few of us!  It's nice to have women around with same aged kids for a sounding board! Onward we go!
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree! It has been great to have others going through the same things at the same times! Proud of us for all making it this far.
  • Congratulations on the new house @BabyBoyH92016! I bet it's so nice to have your husband home. 

I'd do a Facebook group too if someone feels like starting one. 
  • LOs bday is tomorrow and he just came down with a nasty cold. I'm so sad that he will be sick on his bday, and probably not in a great mood either. 
  • I'll create a FB group, and for those interested we can see how we like it/use it.

I need email addresses or names to invite you guys. Please private message me if you'd like to be included. 
  • I have been so busy lately I was keeping up on the posts but felt like I didn't have time to write anything! @BabyBoyH92016 congrats on the move! I think the actual moving part is just the worst lol but I loved being able to make a place my own. 

I would do a Facebook group as well or whatever sounds better to people! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll send ya a pm @BabyBoyH92016, if I can figure it out on mobile  :D
  • Ditto on the Facebook thing. I'm already on Facebook daily, I know I'm sad. It is my escape from all the wedding planning. We are now under two months until the wedding. Actually we are 7 weeks away.
  • Oh and Xavier finally took his first steps in Thursday. And started saying more words. He was only saying mama. Now he says ball and dada. His pediatrician will be happy come his 15 months check up.
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited September 2017
    @jenkar01 the countdown begins!!! So exciting! When we have the FB page up, you need to post wedding pics. 

My lo is still only saying Mama and Dada. He started clapping maybe a month ago. He also knows the word kiss and will kiss on command. But that's about it. I'm not too worried yet. He definitely works on his physical (gross motor skills) more then anything. 

What vaccines are coming up at one year? LOs bday was yesterday, but his dr appointment isn't until the 22nd. Is it the MMR? 
  • @Laraeq I got your PM! I'll start the group and start sending invites within the next day or two. 
  • I believe he got the mmr varicella and pneumococcal. Plus they checked his blood for lead and hemoglobin levels.
  • Those who sent me an email address, you should have received an invitation to join the group.

@jenkar01 I sent you a pm 
  • @BabyBoyH92016 I sent you a PM I think? I have no idea if I did it right 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 Got it! Sent you an invite.

• @BabyBoyH92016 where would I see the invite at? 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @drabong88 I think I just approved you to join. 
  • Congrats to all the 1 year olds! So exciting! For those of you that have transitioned to whole milk - can you share your strategy? Are you still giving LO whole milk before bed? My LO likes to be rocked to sleep with a bottle at night. 
  • @Sbrown721 we are still in the transition but I think we may still give him some milk at night but through a sippy cup instead. I know that when potty training starts we will have to change that but that is my plan for now! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Sbrown721 I have just started tweaking the bedtime bottle routine now that she is completely weaned and doing well with whole milk. She always got her last bottle while being rocked in the dark and then straight to bed. This week I have been giving her the bottle downstairs after her bath , waiting a bit then off to bed. Next I plan to get rid of the bottle and give her a sippy cup of milk until she gets uninterested in milk before bed. Seems to be working so far. 
  • jenkar01jenkar01 member
    edited September 2017
    We just added whole milk to his breastmilk and slowly added more and more until it was purely whole milk. He is doing well with it. Even drinks it cold which is a transition from his breastmilk always needing to be warm.