May 2017 Moms

Weekly Everything... 9/4-9/10

Let's hear it!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

Re: Weekly Everything... 9/4-9/10

• Happy Labor Day!

Today, we are finishing packing and prepping for our moving day on Wednesday. We'll have 3 movers to do all the heavy lifting! 

I hope I can put away and organize everything before I go back to work on Monday. 

What's everyone else up to?

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• DH and I got approved for our new place, it's small, but it's nice and clean and will work for us while we figure out if we want to stay in this state for another year or move closer to my mom's family. We should be able to move in the next 2 weeks. DS is teething like crazy, still sweet and happy, but drooling an ocean and chewing on anything he can get his hands on including DD. Tomorrow I'm scheduling an appointment for DD to see if we can get her seen by a speech pathologist. DD has been showing signs of having a speech delay for a while now and I think DH and I just didn't want to admit it. She's incredibly smart, but her verbal communication is pretty far behind. It was a difficult conversation and I spent a lot of time crying this weekend, but I know we'll just roll with the punches...
    As for plans today, there's a couple of laundry baskets that have my name on them lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @mrsrep123 How is your moving process going so far?
  • mrsrep123mrsrep123 member
    edited September 2017
    @omegarose3 I'm sorry your DD is showing signs of speech delay. How old is your DD? Please keep us updated on it. We just got our results back from a developmental questionnaire that our pediatrician gave us after I brought up DS1's verbal communication. She wasn't concerned but thought it wouldn't hurt to fill it out. MH was more concerned that he was "falling behind" since he still uses one word at a time. But since he clearly understands what we say, has a vast vocabulary, and can identify items by pointing, I wasn't too concerned. We were told he's right on track. We were offered to sign up for a healthy communication class based on our concerns, though.

"Drooling an ocean"... LOL! Rowan is doing the same!

Congrats on your new place! If you don't mind me asking, why wait a year to possibly move near your mom's family?

Moving is such a P.I.T.A. ... then add a toddler and infant to the mix.   :/

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 DD turned 2 at the end of May, she understands the majority of what we say to her and follows simple commands, but she still babbles like a baby and will repeat the same simple 2-3 word phrases for a week or two and then not talk at all for long periods of time. She goes out of her way to not talk to us and will only talk to certain people. It's like there's things she wants to say, but can't get out and it causes a lot of frustration for her.

DS is so drooly now that I always keep a bib on him so he's not drenched.

We're waiting a year to think it over and save up money, if we move we want to have a place of our own and jobs set up for us and though we've talked about it off and on, we've only been seriously considering it for the last month.

I hate moving, it was bad enough with one kid so I'm sure 2 will be interesting...
  • Moving is so hard. I can't imagine doing it with a newborn. Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly for you, @mrsrep123. It sounds like it's a local move at least?

We took a family hike to a waterfall yesterday for Labor Day. I recently bought the brand new Ergo Omni 360 and it is so wonderful. I had an old Ergo from DD1 but bought this new version as a treat. The Omni doesn't require the hot infant insert and the shoulder straps are more comfortable to me. Although the car ride to the trail was rough (the baby cries for almost all car rides), she enjoyed the hike very much it seemed.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • @mrsrep123 I hope moving day goes smoothly tomorrow.

@omegarose3 your DD sounds a lot like my DS2 was right around 2.5 years old. Our pediatrician was not concerned about a speech delay because we are a bilingual household and I personally didn't speak until I was 3. However he did recommend contacting the parents as teachers connected with our school district. I don't know if your school district offers the same type of program. If so, I highly recommend it. I was concerned because he wasn't speaking much at all and he would get frustrated as well. They evaluated him and he was about 6 months behind in speech but ahead in other skill components. No speech therapy was recommended. He did start monthly sessions with parents as teachers. He really enjoyed them because it was more about learning through play. I don't know that the individual sessions improved his vocabulary much, but they did make him want to learn and participate more. Now he asks for more reading and activities. 

@march2008 glad to hear your LO enjoyed the hike. I am thinking about starting more baby wearing now the DD has a little more head control. I didn't want to have to use the newborn insert because of the added heat as well.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @omegarose3 DS1 seems to be embarrassed and frustrated at times. It appears that he doesn't like to be wrong, so if we tell him the correct word or point to the correct picture, for example, he'll move on or switch activities. Yes, we've busted the bibs out a couple of weeks ago too. Sucks because Rowan has bumps on his neck from all the moisture even though I try to stay on top of it. It also took us a year (and another baby) to finally decide to move closer to our parents.

@march2008 thank you. It's somewhat local-just a 30 min drive down the freeway! Sounds like you and the fams had a nice Labor Day hike. I have the Lillebaby 360 and it's definitely more comfortable than the cheap-o Infantino one I had for DS1, it's just pretty cumbersome. I do like wearing Rowan more now that he has awesome head control.

@mcvgal thank you! Also, thanks for those details about DS2's speech journey. Which carrier do you have?

As I'm putting DS1 down for a nap, i get a little break from packing/organizing and get to pop in here!

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123 I have a moby wrap and a tula. With my boys I only ever used the moby because I didn't think they made carriers for plus size people. Then my sister in law let me borrow her Tula that my brother also uses, and I realized what I had been missing.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• I was thinking about a Milestones GTKY, but I think we can all keep up with the one weekly thread :) Most of our babies are hitting the 4 month mark this month. What are they doing?

DD is still not a fan of floor tummy time, but she likes tummy time on my chest and on my thigh (if I sit on the floor). She can roll from back to front with some assistance. PT has really helped with her neck control. She appears o be teething which seems crazy to me this early. My boys didn't get teeth until closer to 11 months. Our pediatrician stated that even though she was premature and is closer to a 4 month old developmentally, her gut started maturing as soon as she was born. So we started introducing solids on Sunday. (I can't believe she is 6 months already) She was a fan of scrambled eggs, but not a fan of mashed banana. She is also babbling more often and louder.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Good luck with the moves @mrsrep123 and @OmegaRose3

Much of of the same over here, back to waking up overnight sometimes starting at 2, sometimes 5, always settles with his pacifier but damn it's annoying and exhausting. 

I start art back at work in the 18th and I'm not looking forward to it
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @MTB16 I hope your transition back to work goes smoothly.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Hey y'all, long time no talk! I felt like commenting for no reason lol, probably because I'm so sleep deprived. My little guy started rolling back to belly but is struggling to do it in bed with his zippadee on so theres a lot of wakeups due to that.  :|

Anyways I still lurk here and its nice to see how youre doing. Still hoping a couple more will change their mind about checking out hogwart though ;) 

@OmegaRose3 do you use any signs to help with communication? DD started talking more around when she turned 2, it was very sudden. So hopefully that will be the case for you. In the meantime I hope she gets what she needs!

• @mrsrep123 congrats and good luck with the move!  
  • DD will be 4 months on the 17th. She's been rolling belly to back since 10 weeks and back to belly since 12. Although fun to watch, the rolling ended the swaddling and there went my good sleeper. Haha. She's getting a little better. We've had her in a side carried Co sleeper in our bedroom since birth but recently started trying the crib for the beginning of the night to see if she'd sleep better here. Three hours is the longest stretch so far. Hoping it'll be longer eventually!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Hi @pshaortao. I remember you from weekly check-ins. Glad you're doing well. Sorry about the frequent wake ups from rolling. I wondered about the zipadee zip suit but it sounds like its not super helpful?
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @march2008 good luck with the crib transition! It took us about a week and a half before DS made it the whole night in the crib. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @march2008 the zippadee was working until the rolling started. It does help with the startle reflexes. I just have to push through, as I know he will get stronger and better at rolling. 

• @pshaortao I'm replying latex but I've tries using some very basic signs like for food and drink and she's never quite clicked with them, she always finds some way to show me what she wants, like taking me to the kitchen to show me the fridge or bringing me a box of pasta when I'm feeding her brother. She says some very simple words, sometimes even suprises us with random words (this week she said owl), but she always seems to find a way around talking so I feel like it wouldn't hurt to make sure things are on track or learn some activities we can do at home to promote her speech.