1st Trimester

What is implantation bleeding like?

Hi--coming over from ttc board.

I am 13dpo and I noticed some brownish discharge this morning. My cervix is still high, but my vaginal walls have been super tight the last two days.  I had weird cramps from 7-12dpo that were fleeting and didn't feel like period cramps. I have no other usual period symptoms. Usually I am fairly bloated and craving salt & chocolate. 

Does this sound like implantation bleeding? I never had it with my first and had a chemical last month. I'm trying to stay hopeful, but am also realistic. Thank you! 

Re: What is implantation bleeding like?

• I never asked if I was pregnant. I asked what implantation bleeding looks like. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lund thank you. The question was geared more toward people who have experienced it. I only included other info to put it in perspective so people could accurately answer the question. For those who had it, I'm curious as to what it looked like.
  • It looks like blood. *shrug* 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • I had a tiny drop of red blood once when I wiped and got a BFP 2 days later. I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't obsessively checking CM for IF related reasons.
  • I had some brown spotting around 5wks with DD1 that I always questioned maybe could have been late implantation spotting 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The two months I had "implantation bleeding," I wasn't actually pregnant. (It wasn't IB, just spotting before my period). The month I got pregnant, no spotting. 
  • I had implantation bleeding with my last pregnancy. I was about 5 days before my cycle was due and had brownish red bleeding. Very little but more than spotting, and thought my period was starting way early. Lasted 2 days then just stopped, never got heavier, and no associated period symptoms just random bleeding then a missed period 5 days later with positive test. Unfortunately that pregnancy resulted in miscarraige, and have not had implantation with my first successful pregnancy and currently pregnant again without IB.
  • mdc2013mdc2013 member
    edited December 2017
    I had what I know now was implantation bleeding, but it wasn’t pink or brown like Dr. Google describes
  • I had what I know now was implantation bleeding, but it wasn’t pink or brown like Dr. Google describes. It was a small streak of bright red blood. So small it could have been from a popped pimple or something, except I didn’t have a pimple. It happened 8-9DPO and I tested positive 13DPO. I wouldn’t have noticed except I was obsessing over TTC, lol. 
    (Had to repost, couldn’t get my full comment to post originally, or edit the post for some reason!) 
  • wildtotwildtot member
    edited December 2017
    Note pregnant or not some also my experience bleeding or spotting between ovulation and expected af due to low progesterone. 

Edited because spelling