February 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms 9.10

Re: Randoms 9.10

• Options
    @hr1116 i bought the rise&shine off of amazon. Works great! Comes with a speaker or you can use headphones. Also calculates Heartrate for you. Use lotion or ultrasound jelly, and always start really really low on your belly. I only use it every other day but it's nice to know everything is good in there :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jennifer_m21 I saw it this weekend too and it was great!! @psm2462 I thought about doing that, but I didn't want to wait that long to see the movie. I also would suggest maybe seeing it and then finishing it. I am a HUGE Stephen King fan and for me, adaptations of his books are always a LITTLE disappointing (there is just no way to get all that story from his books into a movie) so it may take away from the movie a little, since IMO it still is nowhere near as good as the book. I am however, going to reread it now, but I always like reread It and The Shining every fall/winter. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rainafire77rainafire77 member
    edited September 2017
    I'm currently in a Facebook debate on a Scarry Mommy post telling people that yes dammit it is in fact rude to just walk up to a pregnant woman you don't know in a public place, rub her belly and ask her personal questions. They say I'm overreacting an missing the chance to have a new friend. I don't want a friend who doesn't respect boundaries and invades my personal space.

Oh also got told "Oh come off it. You know you got pregnant because you wanted the attention." No bitch I got pregnant because I wanted another child. If I wanted attention I'd walk down the street in a bikini holding a sign reading "Look at me!"

I'm really disliking people today.
    I want to find this post on FB to assist your cause. Those women are out of their minds. I don't want my kids touching me half the time let alone some random freak. 
    TW

It's a post about a woman who had lost a chikd but was still carrying it and strangers still kept walking up to her and wanting to touch her and want details. She basically said to leave pregnant women alone because you don't know what's going on & you might hurt someone.

Everyone got all butthurt and started talking about the problem with society is that we're emotionally cutoff from everyone and we just need to "let people be nice". Those of us saying "there are boundaries don't cross them" are being treated like we are in the crazy minority and that all pregnant women appreciate the strangers comments. 

ETA to fix stupid phone spelling errors 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• Options
    I'm currently in a Facebook debate on a Scarry Mommy post telling people that yes dammit it is in fact rude to just walk up to a pregnant woman you don't know in a public place, rub her belly and ask her personal questions. They say I'm overreacting an missing the chance to have a new friend. I don't want a friend who doesn't respect boundaries and invades my personal space.

Oh also got told "Oh come off it. You know you got pregnant because you wanted the attention." No bitch I got pregnant because I wanted another child. If I wanted attention I'd walk down the street in a bikini holding a sign reading "Look at me!"

I want to find this post on FB to assist your cause. Those women are out of their minds. I don't want my kids touching me half the time let alone some random freak. 
    TW

It's a post about a woman who had lost a chikd but was still carrying it and strangers still kept walking up to her and wanting to touch her and want details. She basically said to leave pregnant women alone because you don't know what's going on & you might hurt someone.

Everyone got all butthurt and started talking about the problem with society is that we're emotionally cutoff from everyone and we just need to "let people be nice". Those of us saying "there are boundaries don't cross them" are being treated like we are in the crazy minority and that all pregnant women appreciate the strangers comments. 

Omg I totally saw that post earlier! I didn't read through all of the comments though. 
  • Options

TW

I just read through some of it, I fall down comment rabbit holes all the time on Scary Mommy, this one is especially bad though. Agree with you 100%
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @MrsJ2410 good point about the movie/book comparison (and I've read it before in any case, so it's not like the movie will spoil anything).  Think I'll go ahead and see it this weekend even though I haven't finished re-reading.  I'm a huge King fan, too!
  • Options
    @psm2462 I am going to a reading he is doing with his son from his new book in a couple of weeks, and I have this shirt and I am hoping it will still fit over my bump! Don't care if its too much, I love him!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I can't go to the movies because the smell of buttered popcorn still makes me throw up.  I thought maybe since the first trimester was over we could chance it.  The waiting room at the car wash had free popcorn and I had to run out before I threw up.  No movies for me until next year   :'(
  • Options
    @rainafire77 Ugh ugh ugh. FB comment threads make me angry 99% of the time since they bring out the worst in people and always seem to reveal the lack of compassion and empathy people have for each other. It kills me. Absolutely it's rude to walk up to a total stranger and touch her belly. Even asking is not cool, if you don't know them, why do you want to touch their belly??? It's creepy. I don't mind old ladies wanting to see my baby when he's super cute in the stroller, but it's not like being polite just goes out the window because a baby is involved! And that particular situation from that article is just another really good reason not to ask or touch a pregnant lady. You have no idea her story, why risk her feelings just for one moment of satisfying your own curiosity? Same reason I NEVER ask people when they are having kids or why they don't have kids or anything related to their child-bearing. That's a super painful question to get when you are struggling with miscarriage/infertility/loss and you never know who is struggling with it.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    My husband's bike was stolen today.  It was even locked to a bike rack. 
  • Options
    yellow711 said:
    My husband's bike was stolen today.  It was even locked to a bike rack. 
    That really really sucks. 
  • Options
    @the_other_mother I just peeked back on that sushi thread and my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Thanks for pointing out that I'm not a moron. 
  • Options
    @the_other_mother I just peeked back on that sushi thread and my eyes rolled to the back of my head. Thanks for pointing out that I'm not a moron. 
    What sushi thread????

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    @rainafire77 2nd tri it's not exciting. Someone asked about eating sushi and I said they shouldn't eat anything raw. Someone else took it super literally. *eye roll*
  • Options
    @SarahFoley725 I'm 200% sure I've argued with that woman on Facebook at some point.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017

• Options
    Realwife said:
    I just plan to reach out and start rubbing said strangers belly as soon as they do it to me and then ask innocently "What, you don't like that?" 

Figure that hat will get the point across real quick in the passive aggressive style that is most appropriate in these situations. I'm a bit twisted, but actually kind of looking forward to the first time this happens. ;) 
    I was determined to do this my second pregnancy and never had the guts to follow through. I think it's hilarious. It's like the grownup version of "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Reply.
  • Options
    I got you.
  • Options
    This is more of a whine but I got a flu shot yesterday and my left arm is aching, I've been up since 2:20 for no apparent reason and my heartburn kicked in full force last night.  I just want to go home. 
  • Options
    @rainafire77 2nd tri it's not exciting. Someone asked about eating sushi and I said they shouldn't eat anything raw. Someone else took it super literally. *eye roll*
    She seriously thought you meant all foods?!?!  It's a post about sushi.  Give me a break
  • Options
    We had our hospital tour last night.  They have an anti- baby theft system!  They put bracelets on each of the baby's ankles and if someone makes it to the first floor of the building alarms go off and the hospital locks down.  My friend said they forgot to cut one off her son and they got stopped by security when they were taking him home.  Not sure if I'm impressed by the security or terrified that someone would want to steal my baby!
    They have this same system at my hospital.  Except at mine, they cannot leave the floor.  If you go to close to the elevator, the alarms will go off.  Well, my PP room with DD was RIGHT next to the elevator.  And, her bracelet kept causing it to go off even though we were sitting in our room. It was super annoying and SO loud! 

It was really nice though, because I knew that there was no chance of my baby getting mixed up with another baby, or someone taking her anywhere 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @chucksmom15 We have a similar system at the hospital I deliver at, as well.  But it is the elevator version and matching bracelets.  They would check the bracelets at every nurse shift change to make sure mine and DS matched.  I had completely forgotten about that until you posted that. 

@seitzy3 I am with you on that UO.  I kept DS in my room all day and for most of the night--but my inlaws were literally always at the hospital, so I couldn't rest during the day.  I remember at like 2 or 3 AM calling the nurse and asking DS to be taken to the nursery until his next feeding.  I needed sleep!  No shame, girl!
  • Options
    @seitzy3 they offered to take DD for two hours one time. It was in the middle of the night and I was like YES PLEASE OMG. Fed her and snoozed for 2 hours. 
  • Options
    This is more of a whine but I got a flu shot yesterday and my left arm is aching, I've been up since 2:20 for no apparent reason and my heartburn kicked in full force last night.  I just want to go home. 
    Wait. Donwe have to get a flu shot?  I hate those. Hope your arm feels better. 
  • Options
    @seitzy3 with my second DH wasn't staying in the hospital with new through the night because he was home with our oldest. This was the second night and babies always seem to be more awake that second night. I was exhausted and so I feed the baby and then just before my husband left for the night he asked the nurse if we could put the baby in the nursery until he had to eat again. She said "is there some reason your wife can't look after her own baby" in the bitchiest way. Needless to say I felt so terrible I kept the baby with me instead.

With my first and third the nurses were begging me to take the baby so I know it was just this one nurse but seriously, way to make an emotional and exhausted mother feel like garbage

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! I remember with my first dd the nurse straight up told me no. I literally cried because I gotten no sleep from 7am on Monday morning until 830am Tuesday morning. She was born at 3am. My husband wasn't there at the time and I was just like I neeeeed sleep or I will fall asleep holding this child which is not the safest. So she brought the little crib up the the bed but of course the cluster feeding started. I learned with my third birth to not take any shit. Listen ladies, I'm nursing, I just have baby come out of my vag, my H is at work or home with the kids, please watch my baby until she's ready to eat again. Thank you, signed tired AF mom. 

@sabriel1 what a little biatch! You would think they would be a little more considerate because you know, birth is easy and all :eye roll: 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    @smorzandoj yes, the flu shot is HIGHLY recommended.  It can be very dangerous to LO to come down with the flu while pregnant.
  • Options
     The hospital I'm delivering at this time, does not have a nursery at all.  Unless there are issues, and your baby has to go to the NICU, you have to keep the baby with you. 

I remember that second night being bad with DS. He was upset a lot, and I was having trouble nursing…  if DH wasn't there  I would have 100% taken advantage of a nursery. I had a fairly bad tear and  getting out of bed and walking around was not ideal… Especially while holding DS. Idk how CS mom's deal with being alone. 

With DD I knew what to expect better and I just kept DD on the boob all night long that second night. DH went home to be with DS so I was alone.  I got very little sleep… But, at least I didn't have a crying baby like before. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sabriel1 OMG what a bitch. Kudos for having the patience to not punch her.

I remember being annoyed with all the checking and re-checking during my IUIs and IVF stuff, but then I reminded myself that if they were to make a mistake it would be really, really bad, so I calmed down. I haven't checked into the protocols at the hospital I'll be at, but I hope they have a similar alarm system. I remember reading a story about a woman who was handed "her" baby as she left the hospital and she kept insisting it wasn't hers, but the nurses kept telling her she was wrong. Turns out, it wasn't hers. It's freaky!
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    I had the opposite problem with the nursery at the hospital, the nurse asked to take him around 3am to do something (he was born at 9pm, I don't what she needed to take him for but it was something specific and she said she'd bring him back for his next feeding). That meant she should have brought him back at least within the next two hours at that point, but she didn't bring him back until after 8am! I had to call and ask for him back or it probably would have been longer. Granted I had a pretty easy delivery other than being freaking long and I probably did need to sleep, but I was so emotional (in a good way) that I couldn't sleep and really just wanted to have my baby near me so I was really irritated that she kept him so long with no word to me. Though if I'm honest she probably was trying to be nice and let me sleep if I had fallen asleep and she tried to bring him back earlier, idk. I just know at the time I was crazy emotional and it made me mad haha. I don't know if there are any stronger emotional rollercoaster hormones than PP hormones, I'm telling you what.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Ugh PP hormones. It's not even like I get a really good rest after delivery anyway. I'm a sweaty, smelly, milky mess. 

DD #1 3/26/13
    Mo/Mo twins MMC 3/31/14  o:)
    DD #2 3/31/15
    DD #3 8/25/16
  • Options
    psm2462 said:
    @smorzandoj yes, the flu shot is HIGHLY recommended.  It can be very dangerous to LO to come down with the flu while pregnant.
    Like what?  I never get a flu shot anymore.