July 2017 Moms
Options

Fitness Friday

Now that most of us have gotten the all clear to resume activities, what are you doing for fitness/activities? Did you already have a routine that you want to get back to? Is there something that you have always wanted to try, and now seems like a great time to do it. What are you goals and motivations? 

I am a really big cyclist, both road and mountain, and I am excited to get back on the bike. I have a trailer to pull the baby behind me, but she is still too small, so that will have to wait for a few months, I might try carrying her in the carrier and go for a very gentle, easy ride. I am also ready to go swimming and do water sports. I have missed out on the entire summer, and I am a little bummed about that. The summer unofficially ends next weekend, but we usually get a few more weeks tacked onto the end. I asked my pediatrician, and she gave the go ahead for baby swimming at 2 months, which is in about 2 weeks. Once it gets too cold to swim outside, we will be on the hunt for an indoor pool.

I know it doesn't really matter, it is just a number, but I was a little disappointed at the doctor yesterday. Four days after giving birth, I had lost 16 pounds. Yesterday, I had gained 11 back. I am planning on having another kid within the next two years, so I would really like to get this baby weight off before I add more.

Re: Fitness Friday

• Options
    I would love to know how c section mamas are working out! 
  • Options
    I was doing Orange Theory Fitness before I got pregnant. Haven't done anything really since finding out. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I know I need to do something. I would like to get this extra weight off to get down to what I was prior to having kids (is that even possible???). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When I found out I was pregnant I was training for my 5th half marathon. I wasn't able to keep running due to my SCH and really lost my workout mojo during the entire pregnancy. Now that I have the all clear, I have ZERO desire to run (maybe due to the triple digit heat we are having!) but have been trying to go on 45 min walks 4x a week and some light arm weights. It's hard to get motivated though. 

TW- due to my history of weight issues I don't get on the scale at all. I'm judging how I feel in my clothes and in my own skin and have some work to do to get back to my comfortable fitness level. 
  • Options
    Cynth0104 said:
    I was doing Orange Theory Fitness before I got pregnant. Haven't done anything really since finding out. Not sure what I'm going to do, but I know I need to do something. I would like to get this extra weight off to get down to what I was prior to having kids (is that even possible???). 
    I did OTF before having DS and switched to Stoller Strides because childcare was an issue. But yes! You can absolutely get down to the weight you were before having kids! When I started stroller strides I was 25 lbs up and by 6 months PP I was 10 lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant! 
  • Options
    I do some post CS workouts I found on Pinterest. I'm starting BBG on the 21st.
  • Options
    Third csection 8 weeks pp yesterday. I started walking and doing barre3 at home online right at 6 weeks. I did yoga my whole pg but there is no way I could make it through a whole flow class just yet bc of my core/incision. It still pulls in that area. Even some of the barre moves I'm modifying and will be for a while. It took my 9 months to lose the weight with the other 2 so I'm not rushing. 
  • Options
    I'm 8 wksPP today. I was doing insanity and running before the pregnancy. LO won't sit/lay in anything for 45 minutes without waking and crying, so I can't do insanity. I ran twice but then got mastitis and wondered if the sports bra contributed. I'd love to get into a mommy boot camp or stroller strides, but surprisingly there aren't any classes available near me. I have 4 lbs to lose to get back to prepregnancy weight, but wanted to lose a total addional 9 lbs before returning from leave. Since I only have 4 weeks left that's unlikely to happen.

We go on daily walks for 3-5 miles as long as the weather cooperates and will continue to do so. I'm trying to be happy with this until I have childcare and can get back to the things I enjoyed. I'm confident we'll get back to our goals in time. 
  • Options
    Hey ladies. Fit4moms has a coupon on their national website for a free week instead of just a free class. I heard from some friends in Virginia who uses it. It's on the national website. Already used my free class so I don't think I can.
  • Options
    @nktrodden826 can I ask how often you worked out and did stroller strides just to look up to your story?
  • Options
    I've been going for random runs, lots of stroller walks, and also bought a fitness DVD to do at home. However today starts more time for fitness. The kids are back in school and so I have extra hours for our au pair to help out. So I have her come with me to the gym and she watches DS3 in the lobby while I workout for 30 min. I'm too stressed out if he's at home because I still bf exclusively and I'm afraid he'll get hungry while I'm gone and I don't want to use my extra pumped milk just yet. I also signed up for trainer session so I'm doing 30 min sessions 2x week for the next three weeks and hoping that will push me further. 

I'm 8 lbs down from a month ago when I started tracking. Only 2 lbs away from pre pregnancy weight but 15 lbs from my goal.
    Baby Q born on 7/20/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker