November 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms - 9/4

I didn't see this pop up yet, so what's going on in your life?!?!?

Re: Weekly Randoms - 9/4

• Options
    @dragonfly87-2 Aw, that's really sweet! Sounds like he will be an awesome dad!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 That is such an awww moment!

AFM, I go back to work tomorrow. Now I'm worried that I won't make it to my due date work wise because my weight just won't stop climbing and my carpal tunnel is getting worse and worse.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    I FINALLY have a date and time for my baby shower:) SIL really wants to help out with decorations and invites. My mom, who knows.  Little rant: There was a wedding yesterday at church, I made it to morning service but not the wedding. It's my mom's Goddaughter (baptised maybe 3 years ago), my mom tells me about it Friday night and gets it in my daughter's head that we are going, we aren't even invited to the reception so we wouldn't see my parents after. I ended up not going, I took 2 involuntary naps yesterday and I sort of was tired of seeing the effort my mom put into this girls wedding when she didn't do it for her own daughter. 
  • Options
    @MaximumEffort sorry about your Mom. That sucks.

my random is that I stocked up on pads this weekend. I think I posted before about how I ran out in the middle of the night and my H went out and brought home panty liners when I really needed to be wearing diapers. ;) not gonna let that happen again.
  • Options
    @mymulligan I've come to expect it from her. I'm very lucky to have a great SIL who wants to help and did the invitations and will help with decorations. She's also there to help if the mom's try to do something I definitely wouldn't like.  

I'm at a loss of what to do for DDs birthday. It is November 18th, I will definitely have this baby by then and she is worried we will forget about her birthday. She wants a Moana themed one and I'm to try to make a cake as I always do. I don't really want to have it at a Bounce town because they are just birthday factories that rush you through. I could take her to DHs work and open up the theater to play Moana but then it's 6 year olds at a museum. I already told her she can't invite everyone this year. I had 20 kids in my house we had just moved into last year, never again. 
  • Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited September 2017
    I will try to not be too political...eh screw it.

F*** our cowardly president and administration. Every day is one disappointment after another. Not only was today's decision on DACA disappointing, but the President of the United States couldn't even make the announcement himself. Cowardly fool...is all I have to say. 

ETA: I fully recognize other posters on this board may support the DACA decision. That is fine and their right. I am disappointed by it, but more pissed the man who made the decision doesn't even own it. 
  • Options
    Use drawstring dedicates bags for washing baby socks and breast pads. Just attach them to the laundry hamper and pop the socks and pads in as you change them, then toss the whole bag into the washer. Saves you so much time and headache trying to find pairs or losing them in the machine. A friend of mine had a horrid smell in her washer, so she took out the liner and found 23 baby socks stuck underneath. Totally gross.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @MaximumEffort I'm in a similar situation since I'm due 11/24 and DD2's birthday is 12/1. Would you want to do it at your house again just on a smaller scale? You could do a little luau and get some little skirts for the girls to put on and maybe play the movie on a projector or something? 
  • Options
    My husband's from a family of doctor's with a healthy obsession with gut-bacteria and overall health.  It gets a little weird sometimes.  Needless to say, there are always plenty of pickles, sauerkraut, and yogurt to be had by all.  Anywho, I saw this article on Motherly.com about a recent study coming out of Canada.  Apparently, having a pet while pregnant is really good not only for the mother's gut-health, but also for the baby's!  

https://www.mother.ly/news/benefits-of-pets-for-kids-actually-start-during-pregnancy-new-study-finds
  • Options
    @ariasbabyblog  - Thanks for the GREAT tip about delicates bags and baby socks.  Genius.  Totally going to implement that one.
  • Options
    @amber0529 great news about your placenta previa. Stay safe 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @amber0529 wow that sounds like a lot.  Sorry you're stressed out.  Such great news about your placenta though.  Glad that can bring you some relief.  
  • Options
    Congrats @amber0529! I know your working conditions weren't what you wanted and so glad your body is right where it needs to be! Good luck with what you decide to do - this hurricane seems like it's going to be very nasty!
    @dragonfly87-2 It's so sad and I know my students are going to be very riled up about it.

Tomorrow is our first day with students and our first day as staff today was rife with technology issues. It's going to be pouring at arrival time, which has never happened to me in 13 years of teaching. Here goes nothing! 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @NYTino24!
  • Options
    @amber0529: Great news on the placenta previa situation! Were you planning to quit your job? Sorry, not sure if that's a good expected thing or if it was a bad situation.
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2
    I was eventually going to quit but we really wanted to get me a new vehicle first. Oh well. I left FL yesterday morning and we will be in WI where my family is tomorrow. My fiance insisted on staying so I'm freaking out.
  • Options
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @DungeonTrollMel they were recalled a month or so ago. Idr where the recall was originally that started it (it was in a specific location)..I tend to buy store brand but after that made sure to stay away from all sargento....sad they haven't fixed the issue and it just seems to be getting worse! 
  • Options
    @DungeonTrollMel that's a false story. Sargento was recalled earlier this year (Feb) but is not recalled now.