May 2018 Moms

Betas

Re: Betas

• @sparkymcgeee you more than doubled every 48, so that's great! Since you're nervous I'm glad you will get to go in earlier, I'll be thinking of you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just got my second set of numbers. Went from 17 to 68 so that's good but he didn't want to draw again for another 2 weeks. I said, um, can we do a week for my own peace of mind? They said yes so I'll go in on Monday again. He was happy with the rise but it's still lower than I would like. 
    That is way more than doubled!!! Congrats lady!!!!
  • justsuzie said:
    I feeel like if there's no risk for ectopic (which was the vas on my end) then an early scan only causes us crazies to worry more. So when I had an early scan and didn't see a fetal pole I worried up until the next scan. And the. We did see a pole but not the hb yet, so I worried up until the next scan. You can't change anything that is or isn't happening. You just have to let go of control and believe your body is doing what it should. (Easier said than done, I know)
    Girl, yes to this ^^. Trying to live by this this pregnancy, as hard as it is. I'm waiting until nearly 6 weeks to go to my first appointment to even confirm that I'm pregnant, purely for my own sanity. Last pregnancy I was constantly in and out of the drs office and early scan but none of it stopped my MC at 12 weeks. This time I'm just trusting my body will do what it needs to, either way, so I'm not doing more than what's necessary for good care. 
  • TW----

@courtinthewebb I should take my own advice! I'm slowly losing my mind thinking the same thing is happening to me like my first loss. We only started to see the beginning of a yolk sac at 5 weeks 1 day even though my hcg was so high.  So my mind has me thinking I am having another loss.  But, I want to hold off on any scans even though my husband says I should go in because he believes everything is fine. The thing is I am on progesterone so I know that holds off a MC.  I am having some crazy PGAL brain now and all day today.  Sorry for the rant. 
  • @justsuzie oh you poor thing, I feel for you. Waiting is terrible and such a mind game. As an anxious person myself I know that people telling me to stop stressing really doesn't help, but in saying that your mind will believe and focus on the thoughts you're putting into it. Even if you don't believe what you're saying, try making it a point to say that everything is fine out loud, every time you talk to your husband about the baby or even in the mirror. Search on the internet for things to do with your successful pregnancy and future baby not miscarriage signs or things that can go wrong. I'm not sure if this helps you at all, I know things are easier said than done, but it's helped me a little. Fingers and toes all crossed for a healthy 9 months for you hun! 
  • abhphilly said:
    Turns out my high numbers (1395 by 17dpo) did indicate twins! Except, luckily in my case since I can't carry multiples, one of the twins doesn't seem to have ever developed. I started spotting at 5w3d and my symptoms went away so I freaked out. Got an ultrasound at 5w5d and saw one empty sac, and another one with a yolk sac measuring on time! We didn't see a fetal pole yet, but I went into that ultrasound fully expecting the worst, and therefore I was just happy that I'm still pregnant for now! Go back next Thursday at 7w1d and will obviously want to see a heartbeat then. 

6 weeks today and the spotting seems to be slowing down now and my symptoms are reemerging, thankfully. It's like the babies did me a favor, because if it had been two viable twins I would've had to have selective reduction at 11 weeks and I'm not sure I could live with that. <3
    I'm sorry you lost one of your babies but I'm so glad to hear the other one is on track and doing well. Fingers crossed. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @abhphilly So sorry for the loss of one of your babies. Hoping you hear a beautiful, strong heartbeat for baby at your next appointment.
  • I just got a blood draw to test quantitative hcg, that's the same as a beta, right? The nurse requested it, "to see how early pregnant I am and to determine how soon I should schedule a scan". Does this make any sense at all? I thought the levels varied greatly, so how could measuring hcg give them any info other than confirming the pregnancy?
  • @Pearlvirus Yes that's the same! You're right the levels can vary a lot, but there are certain base ranges that are expected depending on how far along you are. They are BIG ranges, but if your hCG is under 100 vs up in the thousands it gives some indication. But most stuff I've read does say you shouldn't date a pregnancy on hCG alone, so hopefully that is not her plan!
  • PearlvirusPearlvirus member
    edited September 2017
    LMP versus when I think I ovulated would only change the due date by a week, so why not just schedule for when I think 8 weeks and maybe it's 9 but wouldn't 9 weeks still be fine?!?
  • LMP versus when I think I ovulated would only change the due date by a week, so why not just schedule for when I think 8 weeks and maybe it's 9 but wouldn't 9 weeks still be fine?!?
    Yeah between 8 and 9 is silly. If it's between 5 and 6 then I can understand it. Are you super regular? I ask because based on my LMP I would be 6w1d. In reality because of when I know I ovulated and when I conceived I'm really only 4w3d. That's a big difference this early on. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • No im highly irregular but I was tracking everything and feel confident I am close to 4w2d. And I don't think I have any particular risk factors, so it just seemed a little weird to me that they ordered the test.
  • Ha ha, that's why I said ok - I love data!
  • My goodness they are taking forever to call me back. I got my blood draw wed 10am, so that will be 2 days in a few hours! Is that normal?
  • @LindseyCasteelLong Welcome and congratulations!!!  Glad to see another mom of multiples on here, finally LOL  My girls just turned 3 in May.  Please read the **READ THIS FIRST** thread at the top of the list of posts, introduce yourself, and join in!  Especially the moms of multiples check in every Tuesday.  I'd love to share my infinite wisdom  ;)

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• My goodness they are taking forever to call me back. I got my blood draw wed 10am, so that will be 2 days in a few hours! Is that normal?
    I would definitely call them. 

Meimsx no more
  • @Pearlvirus I would call if I were you
  • I called and got my results AND went and did another draw and got those results back in under hours....wtf?
    16do - 673
    18do - 1398
    Does that seem high?!? They think I'm a week further based on LMP and said the numbers are good. I guess I'll see at my first scan 9/25!!!
    I don't think it's too high. I think it's pretty on par. It's almost exactly double and I just found this quickly. So I think you're good. 

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):

• 3 weeks LMP: 5 – 50 mIU/mL
    • 4 weeks LMP: 5 – 426 mIU/mL
    • 5 weeks LMP: 18 – 7,340 mIU/mL
    • 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/mL
    • 7 – 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/mL

Meimsx no more
  • @Pearlvirus at 14dpo I was 347.  At 17 dpo I was 1204.  My doctor said that was great.  I have noticed that younger and more holistic doctors don't really look too deeply into the actual number just the rate of doubling. I was super nervous because my 4 weeks number was over 10'000.  But nobody at the office seemed concerned. 
  • misspuppychowmisspuppychow member
    edited September 2017
    at 14 DPO my beta hcg was 83. with my daughter it was over 1,000 at 14 DPO. but my RE says that is still WNL and my pee sticks have been getting progressively darker. anxious to get my Monday result back. i am high risk for many things, including miscarriage. 
    Married 09/2014
    BFP #1 11/19/15 | DS 07/16/2016
    BFP #2 09/03/17 | EDD 05/17/2018
  • I have my little guy at the dentist so I'm worried about getting in for my draw. He takes priority.

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee That's awesome news!
  • That must have been a huge weight off your chest! Congratulations, @sparkymcgeee !!!
  • My first beta was 202. They are not retesting. I have an ultrasound scheduled for a week and a half from now.