Infertility

Waiting it out- anyone else?

Re: Waiting it out- anyone else?

• @mrsjcrane aww, yeah it's tough.  I got a pair of little baby shoes as a MESA/TESE gift for H, so that is definitely hopeful for us, but we haven't had a loss yet, either. :'(  My ER went great!  Still kinda crampy, but we got 18 eggs!  We have to wait till tomorrow to see how many were mature and how fertilization went...
  • Yeah, I couldn't buy any baby things, it would he too hard to see them around or know they were there. But glad you have a big stack!  Cloth diapers sound like they save a lot of money. 
  • Loading the player...
  • AND glad your retrieval went well. 18 is a great number! Fx most fertilize and make it to day 3/5.
  • @BusinessWife glad your retrieval went well!

I can't bring myself to buy anything either. I had a coworker (who has been a great supporter through all of this for me) mention that a store had a great deal in diapers and that I should go and get some. I can't bring myself to do stuff like that. 

I received a medical history book basically from my new doctor. I have to fill out every infertility test I've had and treatments we have done along with a complete medical history.  It made me so mad to fill that stuff out. Just seeing it all on paper staring back at me was rough. Plus a majority of this was done at my current medical group so it's already in my chart. DH says it's probably for insurance purposes, but that didn't make me feel any better. 
  • @J1006, that is crazy!!!!
     I would be furious as well and probably not fill it out and would make DH do it. I mean, you do all the testing and all the needle, the least he can do is fill out the paperwork. And why isn't it all acceptable to be done digitally?
  • @suchaglencoco. Exactly! With electronic medical records I don't understand all of this paperwork. Haha. I told my husband he was in charge of the paperwork and calling our insurance. He politely said no thank you. Which is honestly fine since I'm a bit of a control freak with this stuff. 
  • How is everyone doing this week? 
    Those in the US, did you do anything fun this weekend? 
  • How is everyone doing this week? 
    Those in the US, did you do anything fun this weekend? 
    Did I do anything fun... between AF coming early, a stomach bug, a sick toddler, and a shitty day dealing with my RE, I'm gonna go with no lol
    image image
  • @suchaglencoco i have to be careful with the shopping and wanting to buy things - for others too! Not just myself.  TBH, I have coped with a lot of our IF struggle over the past two years by buying cloth diapers. Lol. I have my whole stash ready to go and only just had our first retrieval today.  Crazy, right?
    I loved using cloth diapers on DS. I was sad when i sold them all- I think that'll be one of my first purchases if I ever get another!! I miss that fluffy butt
    image image
  • @floridastanley that. Sounds. So. Awful!!!
    I am so sorry. Seriously, that trumps our bad weekend! I cannot imagine. 
    What happened at the RE? 
  • edited September 2017
    @floridastanley that. Sounds. So. Awful!!!
    I am so sorry. Seriously, that trumps our bad weekend! I cannot imagine. 
    What happened at the RE? 
    Ugh it's a big ol cluster. Novel below. TW: child mentioned 

so I had a phone consult(yay, didn't have to find a sitter for DS, just turned on a movie) with my RE on the 15th and we discussed the next steps. The plan was I'll call them on cd1 and they'll rx femara to take cd3-7 to boost ovulation. I had a lap done in may so we're not going super aggressive yet because he thinks we won't need it. The papers they sent me said if I get my period on the weekend I can call on Monday, and I had a form to sign/notarize too since femara is used "off label". 
    Well of course I had a 8 day LP and started my period on Saturday morning. On a 3 day weekend. Because that's my luck. So I call on Tuesday morning at 8am right when they open and leave a message. I called again at 11 when I hadn't gotten a call, and again at 2:30. I finally get a freaking call at 4pm(this shiit is time sensitive, what the fluck y'all) and they're like oh we need the form. YES I KNOW IF YOU HAD CALLED ME AT A DECENT HOUR YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN IT TODAY. Then the nurse went on saying I needed bloodwork and all kind of stuff done- stuff my email from them says I don't need until IUI. So I told her we're not doing IUI right now and she was like ohhh just femara and timed intercourse? But the rest of the conversation was her telling me a whole bunch of shiit that contradicts what my email from them says. Someone there will be getting an earful today. She finally told me I have to make an appointment for today and bring the notarized form and info from my last pap and this is the absolute last day they can do it for this cycle, all because I started my period over the long weekend and they wasted a whole day not calling me. 
    so then I started to scramble to try to find a sitter for DS, and because they called me so freaking late I have to wait until they open to call my OBGYN for the pap info. Oh and they may not even accept it because it won't be coming from who did the pap, because my OB retired and my medical records are at a new one who hasn't done a yearly visit for me yet. 

So. If I can't get my femara today I'm going to hurt someone.
    image image
  • I am seeing red for you!  That is ridiculous!  They should know how robe sensitive it is and if they know you need forms sent in right away, to call you right away.  And why is it that the email is completely different from what that woman told you?  Is she new and doesn't understand what is happening? And last minute appointments are always a blast, especially with childcare to worry about. 
    They'd better accept that Pap! Just because your OB retired doesn't mean the results aren't accurate. 

This is what I am worried about when I return to the RE this month. My old RE is gone and so ate all, but one nurse.  We only really trusted are one nurse that we used the most. She was the most knowledgeable and would calm me down when the other nurses didn't know what they were talking about. And now she is not there and neither is the original doctor, it terrifies me that something like this will probably happen and it will further delay Us in the process again.
  •  
    @mrsjcrane - I'm glad you got some answers. I hope it was just a fluke for you. 

@adirat - I'm so sorry you had that reminder :( 

@steph8986 - I'm glad you have a plan moving forward.

@BusinessWife - I'm so glad egg retrieval went well. How many fertilized & made it to blast? 

@J1006 - How frustrating! 

@FloridaStanley - That would make me ragey too! Conflicting information ticks me off to no end!!!

Sorry I've been MIA. Life has been busy, and I've been mentally taking a break without really meaning to. I've trying to focus on eating better and losing some weight before we can start medicated IUIs again. I'm down 12lbs in 3.5 weeks, and I'd love to lose another 12-13 before my f/u appointment next month.

*TW* - AFM - I got my test results back today from my mc. Trisomy 16 and it was a girl.
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @dmo1371. Congrats on the weightless progress!!!  And welcome back!  We had 18 collected, 10 mature.  6 fertilized, but we won't get a freeze report till tomorrow....
  • Nothing new to report on my end but I wanted to stop in and say hey! 

@BusinessWife That's exciting! I don't know much about egg retrevial yet but that those sound like great numbers! Can't wait to hear the final number! 

@dmo1371 Congrats on the weight loss! Sadly I'm only down like 2 pounds. Glad you got your results back from your MC. Hope that helped bring a tiny bit of closure. It did for me. 
  • suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited September 2017
    @dmo1371, congrats on the weight loss! That's so great!  Keep up the good work!
    I pray you got some closure from the results. 

We had our consult today and thankfully, we're pretty set to go. I just need af to come so I can do bloodwork and my saline test. Hopefully I don't need surgery again and we're looking to transfer late November, early December.
  • @suchaglencoco November/December will come sooner than you think! 
    image image
  • Hi ladies,

So I thought this was a good post to get my feet wet again!  My DF and I had been trying for a little over a year to get pregnant after we got engaged, as I'm in my mid 30's and we knew we wanted to have a family.  We figured we would hopefully get pregnant, have the baby and then do the marriage thing after we got through one pregnancy.  Well that didn't quite go as planned and we started fertility treatments.  We did 4 rounds of IUI with various combinations of meds (oral and injectable) with no success.  Though the last round seemed to have the most promise in getting me to develop good size follicles!  We decided to take a break, we needed it both mentally and financially and we've been focusing on our wedding since then.  Well we are getting married on the 24th (only two weeks away!! ahhhhh) and I have an appointment with my RE the first week in October to jump back on the infertility bandwagon!  I'm a bit nervous to get started with this again - very excited to hopefully concieve, nervous that we won't, and not looking forward to the side effects from all the medications and tests!  But I'm happy to share in my journey with ladies on these boards, I know it helped last time and am sure it will this time around!

Thanks for listening to my long ramble and I hope to get to know some of you soon!

Jamie :) 
  • Welcome to the thread @thothscribe81. Very exciting about your upcoming wedding, congrats!  I feel exactly the same with the excited/nervous combination. 

Anyone's SO get really grumpy/defensive when talking about infertility plans/decisions. Obviously it's not a topic I like engaging in, but we have our IVF consult in a couple weeks and I wanted to talk a bit about everything so I know we are on the same page. I feel like DH got really defensive talking about it this morning. I called my insurance this week as instructed by our clinic staff just to confirm that we are OOP for everything (they did cover ultrasounds for IUIs though). He said that now that I called they flagged our account so any little thing they may have covered now they won't. I feel like he was pissed off that I called even though our clinic wanted me to. I also mentioned that a different hospital has the attain program, however it's the hospital he works at.  He said it's completely not worth it since staff he works with would know about our issues. After that he was super grumpy and defensive toward everything I mentioned.  I just tried to change the subject and give him some space. 

Im wondering if it is finally hitting him that this is reality. We did four IUIs with donor sperm so I basically did everything on my own. He gave me my trigger shots and that was pretty much it. Reality hit me a long time ago.  We are also getting close to talking to family members about our infertility issues so I think that's making him on edge as well.  To me, it's just a fact. This is our situation and we can't change it, but I think he may be embarrassed by it. Anyone deal with this? Any suggestions in how to help him cope? 
  • @FloridaStanley, you are right about that! Once we get going on the bcp I think it'll start feeling like we're going at warp speed.

@thothscribe81, welcome. I am sorry you find yourself here, but hopefully you can find a little solace in being with others who are in the same boat.
    How exciting that you're getting married this month! Our anniversary is this weekend and my parents is next week, so I have a soft spot for September weddings.
  • Been a few days with no updates- how's everyone here? 

I took femara cd5-9 and currently have positive OPKs so we'll see how that ends. 
    image image
  • I have been trucking along, cycling... but I feel like I will be playing the waiting game again once this one ends.  Then I will have to wait a few weeks for my polypectomy before we can move onto transfer... but jeez, after waiting a <i>year</i> since our diagnosis to start treatment, I feel like it's going to fly by!  I could cry to think how close we could finally be, after all we've been through!

@FloridaStanley. GL this cycle!!!  Are you doing TI?
  • @BusinessWife yes! Hopefully it works before we have to go to IUI, because I don't know if we can afford it. This is secondary infertility and I'm a SAHM so we live on one income... which only goes so far. 
    And GL!! I'm sure after waiting a year the last couple weeks will fly by. You can get there!
    image image
  • suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited September 2017
    @floridastanley, good luck with the positive opks!

@BusinessWife, it is definitely going to fly by for you. Fx!!!!
  • Still impatiently waiting on surgery to remove a polyp! Just wanted to check in but have absolutely nothing new to report unfortunately. I will say as much I want to be moving forward, it has been nice to mentally decompress with no checking ovulation tests, no periods, no pregnancy tests. 
  • I'm newish I was here a little over a year ago, but I got uterine cancer and left for awhile. We are in a wait for another 2 months I got the all clear no more cancer and we are back on the pill getting my cycle back in line and then we can look at our options in 2 months. DH has low morphology count or as he likes to call them he just has super sperm. My re did all of my surgeries and was in charge of my cancer treatment so we could keep the uterus healthy. Just getting my feet wet again.
  • @mrsjcrane, time to decompress and not constantly check this or that test, or stress if this is the month is always good for the mind and soul.

@katymarie101 I am so sorry about your cancer, but congrats on having the all clear now! Good luck on your journey. 
  • Hello Ladies.. I thought I would join here as well. I am currently waiting to do my initial consult but I just cancelled my appointment for next Monday again due to AF not arriving as yet. When we need her to show up she doesn't and when we don't want her too she rears her ugly head... I am so annoyed.
    The RE prefers doing the consultation after you have completed your initial testing and she has time to review your results. So here I am just waiting.....
    May this process teach us patience.. Happy Monday everyone!
    Me:28 DH:33
    01/10/12 : First ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Dx:PCOS
    2012-2015: TTC #2 (2 rounds of clomid + metformin)
    04/13/15: Second ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    02/29/16: Third ectopic pregnancy  :'(
    Tubal Infertility
    Married: 2/11/17  <3
    7/21/17 : Consult with RE  :#
    10/12/17 : Second consult with a different RE
    1st IVF Cycle scheduled for Feb 2018
    02/13/18 : ER
    (22 follies,16m Eggs, 11 fert, 5 blasts)
    02/18/18 : ET 
    - 2 beautiful blast 3AA,2AA (highest quality)
    02/27/18 : First Beta - 193!!!
    03/01/18 : Second Beta - 546

• GL @mrsa2017  I know what a pain that can be, waiting... hopefully once she does show up, you don't have to wait too much after baselines to see the doctor.  We are WFAF too, after our second ivf.  But I still need to get baselines, go on BCPs and wait for my polypectomy prior to transfer....  hopefully once you get going, things will start to fly by!
  • @BusinessWife What is so irritating is that even though my cycle isn't every 28 days, I was at least seeing AF every month...... I don't know what is happening this month when I really want it to come. 
    I wish you all the luck with your polypectomy and transfer as well. I know your happy not having to wait to get initially started and you are half way to your goal, how exciting!
    Tubal Infertility

• @BusinessWife AF is here... Woooooooooo! I will do my testing on Thursday and hopefully I can get my consult done next week still
    Tubal Infertility

• Oh thats awesome! @mrsa2017 So glad you dont have to wait much longer.  I bet AF never felt like such a relief! ;)
  • mrsa2017mrsa2017 member
    edited September 2017
    I screamed with excitement  :D..... @Businesswife what a relief! 
    Tubal Infertility

• Hi ladies - can I join in here too? I'll give a (somewhat) brief history but it comes with some *TW*

DH and I have been TTC for almost 5.5 years. September 2016 I had a spontaneous pregnancy that ended in m/c at 9-10 weeks due to a large SCH (and I also managed to catch parvovirus early on - because the universe is a bitch like that - which also probably had something to do with it). DH and I had undergone treatments with an RE once before and were reluctant to jump on that train again but after the loss we decided to go for it. I started medicated IUIs in April and got a very late BFP on my 3rd IUI in June and I ended up miscarrying naturally around 6-7 weeks in July. I started IUI again in August but my cycle was cancelled because I surged early on CD7/CD8 and was ready to ovulate on my own (while DH was OOT). We were supposed to have another IUI this month as well but it was cancelled because I overstimulated on 100 IU of Gonal F (I had about 10 follicles over 1.5cm). I got a call from my RE today who essentially "broke up" with me because he thinks I'm a good candidate for IVF but knows I can't afford it at his clinic. He said he is going to personally call another RE at a different clinic who he's pretty sure can get me in within the next few months under a subsidized program. So FX. Otherwise, I have a lap scheduled for December because I'm 99.9% sure I have endo and I think that's what may be causing all my issues. So, I'll be in between clinics for a bit and then I'll have surgery so I guess I'm just waiting it out.  

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• Hi friends, 
    Happy waiting! 4 weeks from Friday is my baseline ultrasound/labs and then we start Stims! getting there! I'm now on birth control so don't have to deal with any periods until we start which is a bit of a relief, because I won't  have to deal with the pain or falsely get my hopes up the rest of the waiting. Getting very excited. We are doing delayed FET in January, so the 2 month wait between Retrieval and Transfer is going to be brutal haha.  I'm wondering if my RE could be talked into sneaking me in for FET in December, but not likely... haha. 

Congrats on getting ready for you consult @mrsa2017
    Good luck @tosh24! Hope they can fit you in under the subsidized program. I also have Endo and had my lap in July. Waiting and unknown can suck!

-Steph

Me:28-Severe Endometriosis  DH:30 -Excellent

Spring 2008-Started TTC
    Fall 2011"Unexplained Infertiltiy"-3 IUI's with Clomid-All BFN
    Spring 2013-Divorce
    Feb 2017-RE Consult "unexplained Infertiltiy"
    Mar, Apr, May 2017-Letrozole/Ovidrel/IUI-BFN's
    July 2017-Laproscopy/Hysteroscopy-"Severe Endometriosis with Bowel Lesion not removed"
    November 2017-IVF-14-Retrieved, 7 Mature, 6 Fertilized(ICSI) 0 embryos. Fertilized did not divide.
    New d(x)-Egg problem

• @tosh24 How come your RE didn't look to see if you have endo before? The most I understand about it is that it can go in stages.. I'm in the PCOS group. And I'm also hoping you get into the program so you can move to IVF. 

@steph8986 thank you thank you, I'm so happy her butt finally showed even tho I had to cancel my consult from next Monday to a later day in the week. I will do the tests on Thursday and hopefully get my results on Monday. Then I fix them to the clinic and have the RE call us for our over the phone consult. 
    You're not alone in the 2018 waiting.  We are actually planning for a Feb 2018 IVF cycle if all goes right.  I want to make sure use these months to give my eggs the chance to be at their best quality. Hoping to start my vitamins and supplements this week. 
    Tubal Infertility

• Good luck to you ladies! Fx your waits go very quickly!
  • @steph8986  Thank you! Good luck on your upcoming cycle!

@mrsa2017 I've always had endo symptoms (since being a teenager) and the 1st RE I saw 7-ish years ago booked me a lap but I had to cancel and I never re-booked. My current RE is of the mindset that surgery is a "last resort" and if endo symptoms are present, he will just adjust a woman's protocol to include what a woman with known endo would follow. I was OK with that approach because I didn't want the hassle and delays that came with surgery, but I have been increasingly more concerned about the endo being on my bowel and I'd like to assess how bad it is before stimming for IVF. 

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• @tosh24 sounds like he goes by the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" method...  But if you do get it done I really hope that it helps and your cycle is successful. I heard endo is very very painful though during AF.. 
    Tubal Infertility

• I just had my IVF consult yesterday. Ahhh! So much information! This month is a month of testing, unfortunately a lot of it repeat testing.  I get to start end of October if my cycle starts by the 24th. If not we have to wait until January since their office is closed for three weeks in December. Praying my body behaves itself and I have a 28 day cycle.