Babies on the Brain

weekly chat - September 4

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Sorry I was late posting. 

What are you looking forward to this week?

What are you dreading? 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? 

Random thoughts?

GTKY: What is your favorite spot in your house?

Re: weekly chat - September 4

• @lifesabeach85 - FX Irma stays away! I was happy to hear Kate was expecting again :) 

Friday? It is shaping up to be another crazy week. 

What are you dreading? 
    The stomach bug is making the rounds at school. FX it skips my house.

Grad school homework, maintain housework, get ahead in lesson planning 

Random thoughts? It rained pretty much all weekend and the week is looking like it will be rainy as well. 

GTKY: What is your favorite spot in your house? My bay window or rocking chair by the fireplace. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @lifesabeach85 FX no storm!  I'm a bit nervous also, we're in the Northeast.  The worst we'd probably get in my area is a power outage, but we're not even prepared for that.  

@emiliadkay I'm the same way when DH has plans.  At first its nice to get time to myself to do whatever I want, but we're codependent and it gets old fast!  Hopefully you're work stress isn't too bad!

@glitzandglitter Good luck dodging the bug!  Stomach stuff is the worst.

Getting a Stitch Fix box on Saturday!  Its like Christmas!!!  

What are you dreading? Hmmmm, I don't think I have any dreads this week

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Paint my toe nails, stay on top of the cleaning

Random thoughts?  

GTKY: What is your favorite spot in your house?  On my couch in my living room.  I love sitting with DH and a blanket watching DD play with her toys.  Its better than any TV!
  • @KFrob, how do you like Stitch Fix? I feel like I'll either love or hate everything I'm sent and either have a bad experience or just blow all my money  :D In my mind there's no happy medium.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2017
    @CecilB93  I absolutely love it!!  This will be my 4th box.  Its like they know my style better than I know my style.  So far I've loved everything they've sent and everything fits pretty close to perfect.  I had a friend talk me into doing it after she raved about it.  I have my price point set at "the cheaper the better" and its still pretty pricey but worth it.  They give you a discount if you keep the whole box.  I have my box frequency set up at quarterly and they let you pick the date so you can push it back to get a box whenever you want.  This box is courtesy of gift cards I requested for my birthday back in July.

edit, added more
  • @lifesabeach85 OMG that porch sounds amazing! We're in the process of finishing ours too (its been 2 years in the works ugh) but because of where we live, we had to make it a 4 seasons porch. Its about a week out from being done and then onto furniture! 

@glitzandglitter Its raining here atm :s:smile:

What are you looking forward to this week? I'm finally using the gift cards I received on my birthday (...in May..) and I ordered some new fall clothes! I love this waiting period when I can be optimistic about everything fitting me or not being complete trash before having to ultimately send 90% of my order back in the mail  :# Also DH's parents are coming to visit this weekend and we'll get to do some fun fall activities. Excited for the activities, less excited for the passive aggressive comments from my MIL...I'll need some wine for extra patience  :|

What are you dreading? Getting back into the swing of things at work. I have ZEROOOO motivation right now. 

Have any goals/things you want to get accomplished this week? Trying to unpack/clean/organize my house from the chaotic summer of traveling we've had. Also reorganize all of LO's clothes and toys we don't use anymore.

Random thoughts? Good god how is it September already?!

GTKY: What is your favorite spot in your house? I never use it, but we have this amazingly comfy soft white couch (now you see why we never use it) in our second living room thats parked in front of our fireplace and TV. Its the best place to relax with snow falling outside :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @mrsmtothek  A fire place, comfy sofa and snow sounds magical.  I wish we had a fireplace.  Its on my "must have" list for when we buy a house.  
  • I was surprised to hear Kate was expecting again after having HG twice! I would be done!

That it's short.

What are you dreading? 

Friday, assuming it will be a train wreck like the last two with the bizarre schedule my school has now...

Unpack.

Random thoughts?

Just kind of frustrated and tired right now about a lot of things. I need to do better at self care, probably. Maybe I'll take a bath tonight.

My son's room. It's the one I put the most effort into. It has a superhero theme. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• KFrobKFrob member
    edited September 2017
    @dreamscapes_  I hope you stay safe and have some answers with the storm soon!  It must be so stressful worrying about evacuation!  As for my toes, in the summer I usually go with an obnoxiously bright pink color (I go sans polish on my hands and make up for it with the toes) but since it's feeling more fall-ish around here maybe a dark red

Edit autocorrect
  • TB is not letting me post my whole response! Ugh 

@lalala2004 Take care of yourself!  It's so easy to put everyone else first and end up in a rut
  • @emiliadkay mostly consisted of buying things and hanging them on the wall haha. But my mom and I did repaint an old vanity and reupholster a bench, so I guess that was pretty Pinterest worthy. I didn't take a before picture, though, so that was a Pinterest fail. 
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• @dreamscapes_ stay safe friend! Glad your family is getting away from the coast.

@lalala2004 my philosophy is if you did any part of it yourself, it's pinterest worthy. Haha  :)

How is everyone today? It is dark and rainy here today and my usual cup of coffee is not cutting it. Fortunately work is slow so far (knock on wood) so.. Here I am bumping during the daytime for once!
  • @diaphena I was up until 3AM with a puking toddler, my house is freezing and I'm stuck on the couch with still sick(not puking) toddler watching bubble guppies. Why doesn't Dunkin or Caribou deliver
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @diaphena Its dark and rainy here as well, and that makes for a complete lack of motivation!  Luckily, I was just handed a pile of brainless work to do!  I'm jonesing for the weekend big time.
  • @diaphenaand @KFrob rainy here too! DD had "gymnastics" this morning (aka a padded room and foam pit for toddlers to run around in), so that was fun. Not sure what to do after nap though...

@kindbytealikat oh no!!! stomach bug is the WORST!!! Hope someone brings you a coffee IV. Or wine.

• @kindbytealikat oh noooo! Hope the kiddo is feeling a little better now and you can get some rest. Also whoever gets a coffee delivery service off the ground will be a millionaire in no time.

@KFrob I am also super ready for the weekend! Even with having Monday off...

@lifesabeach85 toddler gymnastics sounds adorable!
  • Late to reply, but hey guys!
    To those in the path of Irma, or who are being hit with wildfires and flooding -- stay safe! I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts. <3

The weekend! And informing our clinical instructor that the other group does clinicals 8 to 3, so there's zero need for us to be there 8 to 5. Let's be real.

What are you dreading? 
    Paying my bills.

I activated my gym membership yesterday, and spent some time there. My legs hate me. Was active at my secondary job today. Looking forward to arm-day at the gym tomorrow. My nephew's bday party is at the gym (pool party) as well, so I'll use that as

Random thoughts?
    Nada

Bed! But aside from that, I love to stretch out on our couch with a good book.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @diaphena my condolences for your family. It's a horrible way to come together, but enjoy your time with family!

@dreamscapes_ be safe during Irma!! Glad your family evacuated, hoping for the best for your friends in Puerto Rico!

So we went to Silver Dollar City on Monday and my calves are crazy sore!! I haven't walked that much in a long time!! Then today DH and I dropped off DS at daycare so we could enjoy a day to ourselves and spent most of the day walking around Legends outlet and Nebraska Furniture Mart. I'm so out of shape guys  :'(:s
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Random thoughts?

I am currently watching the episode of Friends where they all turn 30.  It’s making me feel really old.

This. Seriously. Binge watching Friends on Netflix atm and feeling old AF when you realize how accomplished most of them are before they're 30, let alone the fact that you used to think THEY were "old" when show first came out :s Still one of my favorites though!

• @KFrob We're still waiting to hear what Disney is doing with the parks and cast. They wait until the last moment to decide, basically, but that's Disney. DH heard from his manager this morning that they're expecting to activate ride out sometime between now and Saturday. The dark red sounds nice! I don't normally paint my toes, but when I do, it's usually purple or blue, lol.

@emiliadkay My parents' house was an older brick house built in the early 1900s, and was the only house I lived in until I moved out. It was just weird that the last time I was in that house wasn't the last time I thought it was going to be. You know? We're still waiting for final word from work about the storm. My mom is on her way here with my uncle, which was a whole big ordeal yesterday. They'd found a hotel on the north side of Orlando, but got a call yesterday that the hotel was overbooked, so their reservation got canceled. So my mom called me four times while I was at work, panicking about finding somewhere to go. I managed to find her a room at one of the Disney resorts. So if DH goes for ride out and I can't go with him and work is closed, I'll be with my mom and uncle during the storm. My friend in PR was posting on Facebook a couple of times yesterday, so last I saw, she's okay!

@diaphena We'll do our best! <3

@mrsmtothek I watch Friends as background noise and yeah, it's really really strange how much crap they get done by the time they're the age I am now. Things usually don't work out like that outside of TV, lol. It's also really dated, and I'm not a fan of the rampant homophobia, fat jokes, and "nice guy-ism" in regards to Ross. I never watched it when it was on the air in the 90s, so it's just... Yeah. Some times I like about the show, but some things, not so much.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • The other thing that makes me eye roll at Friends, and Sex and the City, and many other TV shows set in NYC is the ridiculousness of their lifestyles. Even with the BS excuse that Monica was illegally subletting her grandmother's rent controlled apartment, a two bedroom enormous place in the Village would be waaaaaay outside the budget of a coffee shop waitress and a line cook at a 50s theme diner. Even Ross's job at NYU would not pay enough for his two bed place. As much as I often didn't like the show Girls it was a much more realistic portrayal of the shit show that is often your early to mid twenties.

• mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited September 2017
    @dreamscapes_ Ross is by far my LEAST favorite. Why he was ever appealing to Rachel I'll have no idea. 

@lifesabeach85 I never saw Girls, but you're totally right. Talk about setting unrealistic expectations haha. I adored SATC but are you kidding me, how in the eff did Carrie afford ANYTHING lol. 

On a lovely side note, I feel like I'm in middle school all over again because no less than seven pimples popped up overnight with NO warning. Really?!? I'm a hot mess. Guessing that AF won't be far behind now haha  :|

• @mrsmtothek @dreamscapes_ @lifesabeach I totally agree with you guys.  I've seen Friends a lot, but this time around I'm really noticing the homophobia and mean jokes.  They're all supposed to be such good friends, but they're actually really mean to each other.  And oh my god, Ross is obnoxious.  And no one ever wears a bra and it's always cold.

@mrsmtothek Agh!  I was irritated that I woke up with a single zit this morning.  I think I'd just go back to bed and refuse to get back up

I'm glad you found a place for your family, @dreamscapes_.  I hope you are all able to stay safe.
  • @mrsmtothek and @Secretstapler  I woke up broken out too!  And I'm no where near AF so IDK what's up.  It might be time for me to wash the make-up brushes.  
  • KFrob said:
    @mrsmtothek and @Secretstapler  I woke up broken out too!  And I'm no where near AF so IDK what's up.  It might be time for me to wash the make-up brushes.  
    Oh god I can't even remember the last time I washed mine :s
  • mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited September 2017
    TGIF ladies!! Any fun plans this weekend?

I have completely put off getting my house in order for the in-laws visiting tomorrow...guess I should try to get some done tonight, ugh :s All motivation to do anything productive just goes out the window for me at 9 PM.  :#

Hope all of you ladies in FL are staying safe!!  <3
  • Not to much going on here this weekend. Farmers Market in the morning and college football in the afternoon. I need to get some laundry hung up but otherwise no plans really. Hopefully DS will be better and we can go see  my parents at some point.  
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @mrsmtothek I feel like cleaning for company is something that just has to be done last minute. We're kidding ourselves with goals to handle it any other way. @kindbytealikat That sounds like a perfect Saturday!

We're headed to a "knife skills" class this morning and, other than that + beer + football, have no plans at all. Have a great weekend everyone, and if you're in the path of the storm please stay safe and know you're in all of our thoughts.