July 2017 Moms
Options

My husband is not always an a-hole

MamaRN13MamaRN13 member
edited August 2017 in July 2017 Moms
@stokesm21 brought to my attention that we always seem to vent (and there is NOTHING wrong with venting.... this is the best platform to do that!) about what dicks our SO's are. 

HOWEVER- It feels good to remind myself how much he actually does. So brag here if you want! 

ETA this gif. It's a good reminder for me that just because DH does something different doesn't mean it is wrong  :p

Re: My husband is not always an a-hole

• Options
    DH cooked AND cleaned up after dinner tonight... plus he said he would do the same tomorrow! 

He has has also taken over bath time for DS since his LO was born. We are starting to find our groove. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    While I don't think he should get a medal for doing chores around his own house... :D DH usually chills with LO in the mornings on weekends while I sleep, and sleep, and sleep some more haha! However, LO fell asleep with me last weekend so DH cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the main living areas and even attempted to mop the floors. Something about the cleaner being bubbly?! I have NO idea what he did lol! But I was thankful that instead of just doing nothing since she was with me, he got some stuff done around the house.  

He's always really great at grabbing stuff for me while I'm BF as well. Making sure my water is topped up and such. And checking in on me all day, every day via text asking if I got any sleep, how my day is going, if I ate etc. So while men tend to not be physically supportive with babies, I'm very appreciative that he's emotionally supportive. Most of the time... LOL ;) 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    I am jealous of all these amazing stories!
  • Options
    My hubby is great on all fronts asides from knowing how to hold a baby properly ... 
  • Options
    DH did the dishes twice this weekend, without me even hinting. That is amazing. He also offered to care for the kids so that I could go back to bed after breakfast. It didn't end up working out, but for him to offer meant a lot.