April 2018 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 8/28

2»

Re: PGAL check in 8/28

• Options
    Sigh. I went for my 1st ultrasound today at what I thought was 6 weeks. I have a history of ectopic so It was good to hear there is a yolk sac in the uterus, but that's all so far. My mind kind of went all over the place. The tech thinks bc I ovulated CD 18, that I'm more like 5 w 3d, so what she saw was on par with that far along. I go back in 2 weeks for a repeat ultrasound where she said there will be a fetal pole and heart beat. Fingers crossed anyway, trying to stay optimistic bc she said the sac looked perfect, but still feeling down, and bummed I'm not as far as I thought. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18 
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 Hold strong till that next ultrasound! Fx it will go well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 Hopefully that next one goes really well!
  • Options
    @jyoung327 that sounds right on par for how far you are. Fx you see a little flicker next time.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 well that is SUPER disappointing, any way you slice it. I'm so sorry. Try to hang tough these next two weeks and by all means, take very very good care of yourself. Maybe schedule an evening of your favorite sappy rom coms with friends or spouse...anything to make you feel looked after...
  • Options
    @Jyoung327 sorry to hear things weren't as far along as you hoped. I second @stalkinghorse on the self care for the next two weeks to get you through and distract you until you get to go back and hopefully see a lot more! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way
  • Options
    petethecatpetethecat member
    edited August 2017
    @mdwiny Yay for passing your milestone! I'm sorry that the progesterone discharge has you feeling worried. I'm sure that it nerve wracking. Hang in there. 

@mstoddart Ugh. What a whopper of a bad dream to have! I'm sorry. That must have felt terrible. I also had really vivid dreams with DD (and with my loss) but I haven't had any yet this pregnancy, strangely. I hope that you don't get any more bad ones. 

@vannesmarshall You know what? I really don't think that there are any wrong emotions about pregnancy. You feel what you feel. Don't guilt or search for fault within yourself because you aren't on par with what you think you "should" be feeling right now. Things didn't go as planned for you and you are probably still processing that. That is ok! There is plenty of time to feel happy and connected to this baby. Real talk, maybe it won't happen until after the baby is born. That is ok. Some women need the tangible baby in their arms to feel that love and there is nothing wrong with that. Give yourself some grace right now and just take things one day at a time. I haven't checked the u/s thread yet, so maybe you already said, but how was your u/s today?

@hedgepig So glad to hear that you are feeling better and can get back to eating all those veggies from your garden.

@HannahAlise24 Sorry that you are feeling so crappy. I definitely relate to finding comfort in those symptoms though. I'm sure we all can actually! GL at your appointment. Only a couple more days! 

@mispanda I bet you'll be able to hear the hb at your 10 week appointment. I have a home Doppler that I used with DD and I believe that I was able to find her hb at 9 weeks. I'm sure the ones that the doctors have are way better/stronger than the one I have. I hope that you get to that point of relaxation soon too. I know it's hard. 

@Jyoung327 Sorry your u/s wasn't what you had hoped for. That's great that the tech said the yolk sack looked perfect! I understand why you are bummed though. I'll third @stalkinghorse and @sunshinedays-2 on the self care. Hopefully planning some fun distractions will help the next 2 weeks go by quickly for you. 

Eta the last part of my post didn't post. Derp. 
  • Options
    @Jyoung327  I hope your baby has caught up at the next ultrasound! That happened to me at my first one. I was supposed to be 6w 1d, but was measuring 3 or 4 days behind. At the second one, baby had totally caught up.
  • Options
    @lolablue3 that's great news!  Congrats on such a positive week!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    nlm6462nlm6462 member
    edited August 2017
    @vanessmarshall  Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time adjusting!  You have so much going on right now and I'm sure that's super stressful on top of the fact that you're probably not feeling yourself due to added hormones and readjusting to a new city.  Hang in there!!  Hopefully once things settle down and you get past the first trimester you'll start feeling like yourself and even feeling excited. :)
  • Options
    @lolablue3 9 week ultrasounds are like magic. I would never had believed anyone if they told me. But a switch has flipped inside of me and I am just so excited. I am ready to tell everyone.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I broke down and went to urgent care last night. Had a little spotting and may have over reacted, but called my doctors office and followed their recommendation. The little bean was measuring at 6w6d yesterday. Now my ticker has moved to Thursdays. Overall everything looked fine and my hcg was at a normal level 49000+. I still cant shake the nervous feeling though and have some discomfort/pain. They found a "trace bleed" in my uterus. Has anyone else experienced this???

On a side note I think the cheap toilet paper at my office may be the reason I thought I was spotting. Being PGAL I check all the time and the to at work seems to get discolored anyway. I brought a roll of Charmin from home to work today. Over reacting? Maybe.....
  • Options
    @HannahAlise24 I am still glad you got yourself checked out just for your peace of mind!  And hey, you do whatever makes you feel comfortable.  I would totally bring my own toilet paper if I had to!
  • Options
    So I broke down and went to urgent care last night. Had a little spotting and may have over reacted, but called my doctors office and followed their recommendation. The little bean was measuring at 6w6d yesterday. Now my ticker has moved to Thursdays. Overall everything looked fine and my hcg was at a normal level 49000+. I still cant shake the nervous feeling though and have some discomfort/pain. They found a "trace bleed" in my uterus. Has anyone else experienced this???

On a side note I think the cheap toilet paper at my office may be the reason I thought I was spotting. Being PGAL I check all the time and the to at work seems to get discolored anyway. I brought a roll of Charmin from home to work today. Over reacting? Maybe.....
    I'm glad that everything is ok!  Don't ever be ashamed of being proactive for your baby's health.  Also, welcome to the Thursday ticker change club!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Been having some spotting since last night.... PGAL brain is sooo freaking out... Luckily i already have a dr appointment this afternoon. I know it COULD be normal, i spotted with my dd. Hoping they'll do an ultrasound and let me see this baby. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until i do. It's also my sons first day of preschool today and I'm really trying not to let this take away from that... Not easy though...
  • Options
    @Kath525 good luck at the doctor's appointment. Fingers crossed it is nothing and your little bean is growing and healthy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tw light spotting turned into heavy bleeding.... Waiting on a call back from the dr. I hate this.
  • Options
    @Kath525 Oh no, hoping for the best for you. Hugs <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @Kath525 Oh no!  I hope everything turns out okay!
  • Options
    Oh no. Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @Kath525 so sorry, hope everything is ok for you and baby
  • Options
    TW got labs drawn, extremely low progesterone levels. I'll retest Thursday to see if that and hcg levels rise. Dr put me on progesterone supplements just in case baby is still ok. Ultrasound next Tuesday to check for hb. Dr seemed hopeful but also realistic that this could be another miscarriage. We'll know more Thursday. Bleeding slowed back down to spotting at least. Waiting is the hardest.
  • Options
    Kath525 said:
    TW got labs drawn, extremely low progesterone levels. I'll retest Thursday to see if that and hcg levels rise. Dr put me on progesterone supplements just in case baby is still ok. Ultrasound next Tuesday to check for hb. Dr seemed hopeful but also realistic that this could be another miscarriage. We'll know more Thursday. Bleeding slowed back down to spotting at least. Waiting is the hardest.
    Did they not do an u/s today?  I hope everything turns out okay and that the supplements are all you need!  Glad the bleeding has slowed down.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond they said it's still so early that there might not be a hb even if baby is ok. So we opted to wait a week so that we don't get worked up over nothing. Insurance will only pay for an ultrasound once every two weeks so i didn't want to get one today and then have to wait two weeks to know for sure.
  • Options
    @Kath525 so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully baby is fine and everything clears up 
  • Options
    @Kath525 Thinking of you. Sorry that you are going through this. <3