Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Nervous Hello

Hello,wanted to introduce myself, I am 8 weeks pregnant. Have had 2 previous miscarriages and have struggled for years with infertility. I am 37 and hopefully this will be our first rainbow baby. I can honestly say I wish I could be more happy about the pregnancy but I am so nervous and want this baby so bad. Hope I can get some coping strategies. 

Re: Nervous Hello

• Options
    Welcome to the board, @mrsjdl!! Congrats on the BFP! We all have had those nervous feelings, that's for sure. (I still have them) My best advice for coping with the anxiety of pregnancy is keeping busy, working out, and don't hold it in when something bothers you. Talk it out with someone you feel comfortable with. I talked to my husband a lot about the specific fears that I had and whether or not they were realist or viable. Another suggestion would be to seek counseling. I did for the first 14 weeks of my pregnancy and it was very very helpful. Best wishes and prayers for a healthy pregnancy! Always feel free to post if you have any questions or need to vent. This board is great for that.
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi @mrsjdl! Welcome! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm sorry for your previous losses. I think one of the strategies I have is to be thankful for the days I get to be pregnant. I know there is a greater plan. Therapy is helpful, talking with support folk, doing fun things with the people you love doing them with... staying distracted. I haven't had the energy yet to return to full on exercise but yoga had been helpful for me post-loss. Looking forward to sharing journeys!
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker