May 2018 Moms

Betas

Re: Betas

• Went in Monday to have my levels checked. HCG was 202 and progesterone was 27. My hcg makes me nervous even though I know those vary.
  • @cups4 Do you think your doc would do another beta tomorrow? One doesn't really tell you much, its more of the rise they are looking for. I'm sure everything is fine! But if you are super nervous maybe you can ask.
  • Loading the player...
  • cups4cups4 member
    edited August 2017
    @rachelg777 yes,  I am going back tomorrow! Happy the progesterone was good, they wanted at least a 10. She said the hcg was too but of course I'm comparing to everyone else's here.
  • @cups4 I totally understand! Fx for a good result tomorrow! :)
  • My hcg level from yesterday's draw was 112, so they're looking for that to have doubled when I go back tomorrow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rowboat4 Sending you good luck and positive thoughts. I hope the levels double and then some. 
    Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @rowboat4 sending good vibes! Hoping for good numbers! 
  • @rowboat4 fx!!!! All the good vibes!
  • Thank you ladies! My bleeding seems to have stopped, but I have been off my feet since yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't start back up when I'm back in the classroom tomorrow. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Jennifer102011 I have to be on progesterone because of spotting. Now I can't tell if the spotting has stopped or not because the pills give me funky colored cm. Congrats on your status!
  • @rowboat4 thinking of you today!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Had my first beta 144 12dp5dt. Go back Friday to see if doubling. I was told 144 is a fine number still worried of course.

• @marg81 You've probably heard it before but the betas mean nothing until you see the progression so don't get worried about a low start.  Just stay focused on a doubling rise!
  • rowboat4rowboat4 member
    edited August 2017
  • My doctor isn't having me do betas, anyone else? It's making me a little nervous...
  • @bjkay22 That probably means your doctor is completely comfortable not thinking you have any extra risk in your pregnancy. Try to take that as good news!
  • My first beta results are in! 

12dp5dt: 365!
    Me: 31  SO: 34
    TTC since January 1, 2015.  Together we have three boys who are 4 (mine), 7 (his) and 10 (his).
    CP (July 2015) and M/C @ 5w (Feb. 2016)
    DX Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    3 rounds of Clomid - BFNs  (Nov/Dec '15, May '16)
    2 IUIs - BFNs (May & June '17)
    IVF August 2017 - BFP!!  First Beta - 365

• @bjkay22 I never did betas for my natural pregnancy. I've only had to do them with fertility treatments (IUI and now IVF)
    Me: 31  SO: 34
    TTC since January 1, 2015.  Together we have three boys who are 4 (mine), 7 (his) and 10 (his).
    CP (July 2015) and M/C @ 5w (Feb. 2016)
    DX Unexplained Secondary Infertility
    3 rounds of Clomid - BFNs  (Nov/Dec '15, May '16)
    2 IUIs - BFNs (May & June '17)
    IVF August 2017 - BFP!!  First Beta - 365

• bjkay22 said:
    My doctor isn't having me do betas, anyone else? It's making me a little nervous...
    I didn't have betas with my first, I'm only having them now because of the bleeding I've been having. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Thank you @justsuzie @rowboat4 and @kpalt for putting my racing mind at ease a little. I hope you all have a happy and healthy 9 months. 
  • @rowboat4 thinking of you. Hop you are doing okay. 

@cups4 that's great news!
  • @rowboat4t yay that's great news!! FX for more doubling! 
  • @rowboat4 awesome news! Are they going to monitor you? 
  • @justsuzie I'm not sure. I only spoke with the nurse. I have one more draw next week and then my first appointment is September 29. I'm guessing they'll talk more about that then?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @rowboat4 I would ask for an early ultrasound.  The worst they can do is say no. ANything to help ease your mind is worth it.  GL sista
  • justsuzie said:
    @rowboat4 I would ask for an early ultrasound.  The worst they can do is say no. ANything to help ease your mind is worth it.  GL sista
    My OB does a dating ultrasound at the first appointment. I'll be 8 weeks at that point. I could ask for one at 6 weeks, but I feel that the two weeks isn't going to make a huge difference. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• rowboat4 said:
    justsuzie said:
    @rowboat4 I would ask for an early ultrasound.  The worst they can do is say no. ANything to help ease your mind is worth it.  GL sista
    My OB does a dating ultrasound at the first appointment. I'll be 8 weeks at that point. I could ask for one at 6 weeks, but I feel that the two weeks isn't going to make a huge difference. 
    Well, I went in at 5 weeks and that eased my mind just knowing the gestational sac was the right shape and size and in the right place.  If it was me I would do it just to ease the worry but I also have anxiety problems.  I got my OB on speed dial and they let me know I can come in whenever I need reassurance.  They also treat me like a delicate flower that could wilt at any moment which is embarrassing but it feels good to know that I am in a practice with people that care about me. 
  • My beta draw is tomorrow! Unfortunately, I won't be able to have a second draw for a week after, since I am leaving for vacation! They wanted to do my beta test on the day we leave, so they already bumped it up.... haha! I thought testing before my beta would be more comforting, but I think now the wait for the first beta draw is difficult! 

With my first DD, my first beta was only 49. However this time, I got my bfp earlier, and the lines are darker, so I'm optimistic!!!
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • My first draw was the first pregnancy test I took (see intro. It's a thing) so my number was only 17. I had another draw yesterday and I hope the number is incredible. I'm still nervous but all the hpts are positive so I just have to hold on to hope right now. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • @sparkymcgeee my first beta was only 12! It was a similar situation in which I had a scheduled appt in which I was likely around 10-11dpo. I took an FRER before I went just in case and it was barely positive, so he went ahead and did a beta. I'll keep my fx for great numbers for you!
  • I had my second beta and it was 826. I'm exactly 5 weeks today. Since the level was 150 4 days ago, that shows good doubling so the clinic seems happy. I am mostly relieved, although I can't help hating that I'm overall below average with the numbers. I'm such a worrier that it just sets me off. They don't intend to do any more blood work before my ultrasound at 8 weeks. I may go crazy before that time!!
  • @thunderberry those are great numbers! Easier said than done, but try not to worry! 
  • @thunderberry those are great numbers! Easier said than done, but try not to worry! 
    This. I would love to see those numbers. I'm waiting for a call right now and it's not coming fast enough.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Meimsx no more
  • Just got my second set of numbers. Went from 17 to 68 so that's good but he didn't want to draw again for another 2 weeks. I said, um, can we do a week for my own peace of mind? They said yes so I'll go in on Monday again. He was happy with the rise but it's still lower than I would like. 

Meimsx no more