January 2018 Moms

Randoms Week of 8/28

2»

Re: Randoms Week of 8/28

• @libbberty thanks love! We talked now that he is home from travel and the name has so much meaning for us that Aurora she remains...we just can't imagine calling her anything else at this point lol!
  • @sonalisharma - 10 days, that's a lot of festivity, have fun!
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Loading the player...
  • Here's my random post for the night. 
    We're out of town staying at my in-law's house for a weekend getaway. DH took DD in the pool for about an hour tonight (it was still 90 degrees at 6 pm), and DD kept drinking the water (despite being told repeatedly not to). After the pool, here's how the night went:
    1. Right before her bath, I pulled DD's swim diaper off, not knowing that she had pooped. So, watery poop splattered all over the bathroom floor. We bathed her, disinfected the bathroom, and put her to bed.
    2. Then, when I went to check on her about 30 minutes later, she was COVERED in puke (the chlorine ingestion obviously didn't sit well with her). So, DH and I woke her up, re-bathed her, stripped the bed, and started the bedtime routine all over. Oh, and I had to re-disinfect the bathroom.
    Let's just says, tonight was a doozy. 
  • @cyanope oh noooo! What a night! Hope you got some rest and DD feels better asap!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Once we got word that everything looks good for the baby, our roommate informed us that she's throwing a baby shower. Like, she'd been planning to rent out the gaming store, which we also had planned to do for some sort of party before the baby game. 

This is all very kind, I am happy, but now I have to actually build a functional baby registry. I had a private one on Amazon, which I was mostly just using to keep track of stuff I planned to buy before the baby comes.
  • @cyanope That sounds awful! Hopefully that is the last of the disinfecting the bathroom!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @cyanope oh no! DS
    has a thing with drinking pool water too. Hopefully she feels much better today!
  • @cyanope Ugh, that sounds like a whopper! I hope your DD is feeling better and that you all were able to get some rest after all that.

@scatteringashes Could you just ask your roommate if you guys could throw a "no gift" party together? Like, not call it a baby shower (so people wouldn't feel obligated to bring a gift), but just a party where you can all get together to game and have fun? Might take the pressure off of you and everyone else involved. Our do you actually want the shower, and are just lamenting the registry? Because I totally get that, too. There's a big difference between throwing random stuff on a list just for yourself and thinking about actual items for others to buy. 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am the only person I know who can get an ear infection while already on antibiotics.

That is all.
  • @cyanope hope she's feeling better today!!

@scatteringashes I like @Peepster's idea. I have a Target and Amazon registry with random stuff I just want to use the completion coupon on, but I'd have a hard time making an actual list if someone wanted to throw me another shower (which I don't need or want)! Maybe a party with board or yard games would be a good compromise.
  • Glad she is feeling better @cyanope.

That is super sweet of your roommate @scatteringashes

Here's my random/ little vent. We took a red eye from Anchorage Friday night in order to have an easy direct flight home today from Seattle. 

Well we got to the airport and due to some random mystery glitch which no one can tell us why, we missed the only direct flight for the day and the flight we were listed on doesn't exist.

No we have a 4 hour layover in San Jose, California with a tired 14 month old and won't be home til after 8 pm today. 

Can I just say thank God tomorrow is a holiday and I don't have to work
  • @Peepster @schaze I don't mind the shower necessarily -- we're mostly throwing a usual party from the sounds of it, lol. It's an anxiety thing, like, it feels demanding to make a list of things that other people feel obligated to look at?

If people want to bring gifts or don't want to, I'm good either way -- it's just a party and I hope they have fun! And if they want to bring a gift, I'm happy with whatever comes from their heart. I just gave trouble with the "here's a list" thing, even though I know it's helpful for a lot of people.
  • @scatteringashes I think I get what you are saying. How do you feel about not doing a registry at all? If people ask, just respond with something about not wanting guests to feel obligated to get a gift. Baby registeries are pretty rare/new in my circles and I wouldn't think it strange at all to be invited without a registry. 
    Just my $.02.

@burnsmommy27 Ugh, so sorry! Airports and toddlers are no laughing matter. Hope you survive ok!
  • tdevlindryetdevlindrye member
    edited September 2017
    Edit: Oops. Reposting in this week's randoms thread.