April 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

i think we have a small group, but hope to hear your updates!

If your due date is 4/4, 4/11, 4/18, or 4/25, your "ticker" changes today! Join us.  

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 

7 weeks filling out like a blueberry

2. How are you feeling? 
Pregnancy wise pretty good, but beginning of school year sickies got the family, so I've been out all afternoon with a cold. Biggest symptom has been exhaustion, which doesn't help the sickness!

3. Any appointments coming up? 
Not for two more weeks... getting anxious to confirm everything. 

4. Rants, raves, questions?
Was looking forward to a quiet long weekend at home, but alas my MIL texts DH to tell him their family of four + dog is coming down to stay with us and visit us and DD. So nice of her to let him know... Also, the bacne : x

5. GTKY: If you had 1 free hour, kid free, what would you do?
IRL or with unlimited funds? IRL either run to the gym, watch an epidsode of some adult tv, or read. $$$ I'd get a massage!

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

• Options
    Thanks for posting, this @jackiej9673! Sorry that I'm a bit late. :)

7 weeks. Size of a blueberry. 

2. How are you feeling? 
    I've been feeling fairly well, although this week has brought on some challenging M/S and fatigue. Ginger, sea bands and constant snacking have seemed to keep symptoms somewhat manageable. Planning on calling my nurse hotline tomorrow to get exact dosages for unison + vitamin B6.. seems like there's varying dosages I'm finding online!

Next week for our first U/S and intake with the clinic. I'm really looking forward to making sure things are progressing as they should. 

Anyone have suggestions for a comfortable baby carrier for those with back and hip issues? 

I'm currently kid free, but I would enjoy a nice walk around my favorite park. 
  • Options
    @dan0081 I'm just glad someone else responded :D I haven't Had any MS yet (never thought that would be so unnerving), but anticipating it. How do you take ginger?

we used a baby ktan very minimally with the first and a more structured graco basic model for carriers. Didn't use either enough to give feedback but plan on getting a toola this time due to lots of recs. I had a CS so had tons of back issues and baby girl had to be moved constantly. I bought a large exercise ball early on and rocked/bounced her on that when I couldn't walk anymore. Best investment!

good luck with your appt!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackiej9673 It may just be the two of us for the Wednesday ticker change. We must have the same EDD, too! Looking forward to hearing how your first appointment goes in a few weeks. :smile:

I've read many places that not experiencing MS throughout pregnancy is normal, but I understand why you are feeling that way. There are many unknowns before the first U/S. I take TummyDrops ginger (you can buy them on Amazon), and they have been a lifesaver. I picked up some GinGins hard candy at the coop so I'm hoping these work just as well! I can keep you updated if you are in need of ginger at some point. 

Thanks for the great advice on carriers and the exercise ball. That sounds like a great alternative when you're feeling tired. The Tula looks like a great carrier. When I've held my friends' newborns my whole upper body & back gets sore quickly so I'm hoping for a carrier that's easy and supportive. Looking forward to hearing about your appointment in a few weeks! 
  • Options
    I am Here! Sorry I missed last week with getting ready to go back to school. 

8 and a raspberry

2. How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted and ms. Tuesday I felt terrible it took me to about 7pm to realize I had the flew and not terrible morning sickness. I threw up 5 times and was soooo tired. I ended up with a fever that gave it away.

I had one today. Got an us and everything looks great! They said I had a little bleeding from my implantation so not to freak out if I had spotting. 

not baby related but
    my husband works late, gets home between 7:30 & 8. I hate him not being here.
    right now take a nap. In reality I would need to clean. But for fun I would work on a crochet project. 
  • Options
    @luna8433 I'm so sorry to hear about your bout with the flu. That sounds awful.. :( I hope you are feeling better today! How exciting about your great results from your US.. That must have been a wonderful feeling. Are you planning on crocheting anything for your LO? That seems like a great and relaxing hobby. 
  • Options
    @dan0081 I don't know if I will have time to make anything but it is relaxing and fulfilling to finish a project. I am super busy as a teacher and my 2 year old likes to play with the yarn so it's hard. Over the summer i made a cute little owl hat for my nephew that I might make.
  • Options
     How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 
    6. Lady beetle

2. How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted, sore boobs and all day sickness. Worse when I'm hungry. And seems to be worse again everysecond night.

Not until 9 weeks

not baby related but
    .. i am from outback australia. I am really worried about our 45*C+ days during our summer Nov-March 
    Rest! Walk the dogs or lunch with friends
  • Options
    @luna8433 those late nights can be tough! Especially after a day of teaching, I can't imagine being sole responsible for getting the 2yo together at night. Any chance his hours could change for number 2??

Hi @knottie20260dd9310d77a0 sounds like ginger could give some ms relief :) Hope you're feeling better and finding some summertime relief! Does it get incredibly humid in Australia or is it a drier heat?
  • Options

7 weeks! Sorry I'm late to the game. Baby is a little blueberry!

2. How are you feeling? 
    Tired ALL THE TIME though it's better now than it was weeks 4-5. Sore nipples. Like, I can't even take my bra off without wincing sore. I'm showing already! I don't know if it's bloat but I can barely button my pants. No weight gain that I know of. Aversions, aversions, aversions. Someone had hummus for lunch yesterday and I had to hide the gagging. 

First u/s in a week!!! I cannot wait. I haven't had any morning sickness really so I want to make sure everything's okay. 

Rants: my pants. I don't want to get maternity pants yet but I have to unbutton them during the day and something's got to give!

Raves: The way my husband kisses my tummy and wishes our little blueberry goodnight every night. Swoon. 

Question: who else isn't having morning sickness? I mean, I'm queasy every so often but it lasts 5 seconds tops and then goes away. I was more nauseous on the pill than I am now. So naturally I'm worried. lol. 

I guess this doesn't apply to me because I don't have kids (yet!)
  • Options
    Hi @amandabockman! Looks like we've got three of us all due the same day (so far)! I'm also having zero ms and freaking out. This is my second so I thought I'd be more relaxed, but the different experiences make it worse. Anxious to have an US too! And ditto on the bloat. Good luck next week- can't wait to hear how it goes!
  • Options
    Thanks! I know I'm not the only one without ms but you can't help but worry when everyone is all "well if you're sick, it's gonna stick" etc etc. And yay! Glad I found some due date twins :)
  • Options
    @jackiej9673 my husband is still in school. So it's a part time job. Hopefully he can get a job with H&R block in January and a 8-5 job when he graduates on May. 

@amandabockman with my first i bought a maternity belly band so i could wear my pants unbuttoned until i went to maternity pants.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Hi Everyone! I'm new here and my due date just got changed from 4/18 to 4/25 earlier this week!

6 weeks and the size of a pea (or so they say)

2. How are you feeling? 
    Good other than the fact that I've never been so tired in my life! I can sleep 11 hours then take a nap and still be tired!

I have a physical on 9/12 and then I have to go back for another u/s 9/25 because I have a larger than normal cyst on my left ovary they want to keep an eye on. 

I'm pretty sure my boobs are already getting bigger and I'm not too happy about it....

This is my first pregnancy so I don't think this one applies to me! :-)