October 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone give birth at 34 weeks??

just wondering if anyone's given birth at 34 weeks, and how it went, if baby had to stay in the nicu 

Re: Anyone give birth at 34 weeks??

• Options
    I feel like if anyone had, and wanted to announce it; They would have done so in the Birth Annoucement discussion that has been posted for that exact reason. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my last baby at 34 weeks and he did stay in the NICU for 2 weeks but did not need respiratory support. He just needed to learn how to eat. He did great and is 10 now with absolutely no long term ramifications.
  • Options
    I had my first at 35 weeks exactly. He was breathing on his own, 5 lb 15 oz., and stayed one extra night in the pediatric unit for observation ..but he was fine. The only thing is he had a weak sucking reflex. He's now 14 yrs old.... never had any health problems.
  • Options
    My 2nd DD was born at 34w4d and was in the NICU a week. She had no issues with eating or breathing, the only reason she stayed in the hospital as long as she did was they waited to put her under the lights for her bilirubin level until it was ridiculously high and so it took a little extra time.