September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check in 8/15

edited August 2017 in September 2017 Moms
I'm so sorry I missed last week. It was just not a good week in general. 

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite way to relax? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 8/15

• Options
    @HollyGolightly09 Hope this week is going better for you... you are so close to your due date now!

How far along are you? 34+3

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Not too much that's new. Still coping with gestational diabetes. I learned on Friday that I will no longer be seen by my midwife :( but only by the OB due to the diagnosis. So now I am also struggling with the fact that EVERYTHING about this birth and pregnancy are more medical than I planned--expecting induction in week 39 and possible C-section if baby is big. OB appointment tomorrow and ultrasound with the MFM to measure baby on Friday.

The nursery isn't done... sigh... waiting for Buy Buy Baby to call re: the delivery/assembly date for the crib (should be in the next 5 business days) and for the furniture company to deliver the replacement dresser part that came damaged.

Oh, and my emotions are ALLLLLLL over the place.

Almost time to go back to school. Teachers report 8/28 and students on 8/30. I'm not sure yet if I'll go in before 8/28 to do some room set-up. If it's too hot next week, I won't. (Our school building is not air-conditioned. Ugh.) I want the nursery to be done before then.

Any Questions? 
    How are you all doing? Curious whether anyone else's birth plans for these rainbow babies have changed as mine have. 

I have always loved reading but it's been tough to concentrate during pregnancy. Typically at this point in the year I would have read 30 to 35 books--I get through about a book a week--but I think I'm at around 20 for this year. I also enjoy watching TV or a movie with a glass of wine (when not pregnant), or doing a crossword puzzle over a cup of coffee. And I like snuggling with my cats and husband. Looking forward to adding baby in the mix for that.
  • Options

How far along are you?
     37+2

Hoping to start trying to get her out on her own this weekend! We are scheduled for induction on the 29th, at 39 weeks, due to my GD, but my midwife (and I) would both prefer her to come out on her own. As long as it's not too hot out, I'm planning lots of walks around our neighborhood! 
    @divinemsm620 -- has your GD not been well-managed? I'm still able to see my midwife, but my GD has been diet/exercise controlled. I started having some higher numbers a couple weeks ago, but they felt I was close enough to try to stick it out without meds. My midwife went ahead and scheduled an induction though because my little one was measuring 6.5 pounds at 34 weeks. We have another growth scan tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see how big she is. 
    But I am like you in that this is not going as I hoped. My GD was so well managed early on that they kept saying "just stay off the medication and we can let you coast on through and have baby come on her own!" So I felt really confident. Then -- cue our 34 week ultrasound and she's measuring 2 weeks ahead and her belly was measuring huge.  I've managed to stay off the medication, but now we're still looking at another induction (my first daughter was induced due to my GD -- I went on glyburide that time). So I sort of feel like I failed, even though I thought I was doing great. 

Having a hard time staying motivated at these last couple weeks at work. I'm very serious about trying to start walking her out this weekend, so I'm trying to wrap up loose ends at work this week just on the off-chance I'm not here next week. But it's so hard to focus knowing I only have like 10 work days left, max! 

Any Questions? 

Baths. I really didn't start getting into them and "craving" them until I had my first daughter. I felt so dirty the first couple weeks after I had her, with all the stuff still coming out of my body, that I started sitting in a bath nearly every day while my daughter napped. It was a break my husband always gave me -- he'd take her wherever in the house he was while she napped so that I could have an uninterrupted 30-45 minute soak. Even when he went back to work, I'd still get up in the morning, make my coffee, and then take the Rock N Play into the bathroom while she slept so that I could sit in the tub a while. Now, I take at least 1 bath a week and either watch Netflix on my iPad or read magazines. It's my favorite way to wind down! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jlf1019 said:

How far along are you?
     37+2

Hoping to start trying to get her out on her own this weekend! We are scheduled for induction on the 29th, at 39 weeks, due to my GD, but my midwife (and I) would both prefer her to come out on her own. As long as it's not too hot out, I'm planning lots of walks around our neighborhood! 

@divinemsm620 -- has your GD not been well-managed? I'm still able to see my midwife, but my GD has been diet/exercise controlled. I started having some higher numbers a couple weeks ago, but they felt I was close enough to try to stick it out without meds. My midwife went ahead and scheduled an induction though because my little one was measuring 6.5 pounds at 34 weeks. We have another growth scan tomorrow, so I'm anxious to see how big she is. 
    But I am like you in that this is not going as I hoped. My GD was so well managed early on that they kept saying "just stay off the medication and we can let you coast on through and have baby come on her own!" So I felt really confident. Then -- cue our 34 week ultrasound and she's measuring 2 weeks ahead and her belly was measuring huge.  I've managed to stay off the medication, but now we're still looking at another induction (my first daughter was induced due to my GD -- I went on glyburide that time). So I sort of feel like I failed, even though I thought I was doing great. 

Stuck in box. My GD isn't CRAZY out of control but I have had high numbers and continue to have high fasting #'s even with insulin. The reason I was moved into the care of the OB exclusively is a new policy that anyone on insulin has to be seen solely by an OB rather than the combo of OB and midwife they promised when I was first diagnosed.

We did schedule induction today for morning of 9/20 so baby will arrive on Jewish new year :) unless he comes on his own before, of course! I'll be 39+4 on that day.
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 Yeah, it's definitely looking like my plans may not quite pan out either. I know it's silly to think you can "plan" something like childbirth, but it's definitely hard to have an idea in mind and then start realizing it may not happen. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 37 weeks today! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Ugh... lol. About a week and a half ago I ended up in L&D because of a blood pressure scare. We've been able to control it really well with a low dose of medicine, but it did earn me an US and NST on Monday. Everything with baby girl looked great except that she's measuring 2.5 weeks ahead...7lbs 11oz already!  The US tech wasn't concerned and said it's mostly because of her realllly long legs, but he nurse practitioner I saw kind of freaked. So, another US next week and if she's still looking that big we'll probably induce. She also said I may want to start getting my head around a possible c-section. Not at all what I wanted to hear!! 

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life? School started back last week and it is more or less killing me a little each day, haha 

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  What's your favorite way to relax? A hot bath and a glass of wine... unfortunately not pregnancy friendly.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My babe measured 8 pounds even yesterday at 37+3. So I feel you! My midwife isn't super concerned yet -- she's definitely monitoring it, but baby is still measuring in the normal range. She said 10-90th percentile is normal -- my girl is at 84. Her biggest concern is that baby's belly is so big -- she's only mentioned the possibility of a c-section once, and it would just be because they'd be concerned about baby's belly getting stuck int he birth canal. But so far, she's letting me move forward with my vaginal birth plan. So we're cutting it close, but my midwife has encouraged us to start trying to get her out before our scheduled induction on the 29th! So I'm planning lots of walks and lunges this weekend! Lol. 
  • Options
    in terms of birth plan, I basically have none :# the country I live in is very consent oriented and the delivery team take lead from the mother throughout anyways, so it's not as big a thing here I don't think.... basically I have:
    - speak English to me.
    - minimal interventions (drug or apparatus) unless I ask or there is an emergency with me or the baby.

How far along are you? 
    35+2

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? went to L&D on Thursday night after I mentioned to my mw that lo's movements have changed (not as strong of frequent). LO did NOT like the monitor that was strapped around my belly and went WILD so I think the hospital thought I was nuts claiming reduced fetal movement....but I've never felt him go that crazy before :o 

also, LO has been head down since at least my 32 week check and sometime between 34 and 35 weeks, he flipped back to breech. Blah. So I have a check at 36 weeks next week and if he's still breech then I have an appointment at l&d to try and flip him. If he still won't flip, then I have a choice to do a planned cs or try a vaginal birth with potential for emerg cs. (Apparently can is default in North America now for breech births bc most obs and midwives aren't trained on breech birthing techniques, but the country where I live does still train on breech birthing techniques, so it's not assumed to be cs if he's breech and I'll have a lot to think about.
    tw still birth:
    I had a brother stillborn due to a cord accident. He was otherwise healthy and just dies in utero at full term before labour started. I've been really nervous about stuff because of that now that I'm approaching full term, and since cord problems are a common risk with breech babies, if he stays breech I think it's going to be a real mental battle coming up.

back to work. The first week of teaching is always exhausting, but add being 35 weeks pregnant and a trip to l&d in there and it was beyond exhausting!

Any Questions? 

hot shower. I'm a weirdo who prefers showers to baths. I can just never get comfortable in a bath...my head gets cold, my shoulders or knees get cold because I can't keep them both under water at the same time, my back hurts...and I like the pressure of the water stream coming on me anyways :) 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    TW:

Small panic attack today, I realized the anniversary of my second miscarriage is coming up. Last year, the morning of a state test, I got a call from my doctor about my hcg levels barely increasing at all, let alone doubling, which led to me hyperventilating and having a giant meltdown in the hallway. Then a few days later I miscarried. Well they sent out announcements today about the same test coming up again in a few weeks, and it sent me right back to that day. Ugh, I just want my due date to get here as soon as possible, for everything to be okay, and to hold my baby in my arms.

• Options
    @heatherlynn321 hugs, girl. Any loss anniversary can be rough, but it sounds like yours was extra traumatic due to the surrounding circumstances too <3 you will get through it and your LO is getting here to you as fast as he can! 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    Thanks @BigBadWolf12, the test this year is on my due date, and I'm just really hoping he's on time or a few days early, because the idea of administering the test makes me want to hyperventilate everytime I think about it. 
  • Options
    @heatherlynn321 is there any way you could either take that day off or ask to do something else during the test time? (Our state tests are in spring and do not involve everyone since only sophomores take them; it would likely be pretty easy to get someone else to cover for you if needed. Not sure what your situation is, though.)
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 I've been thinking about asking, but also, this year's test date is my due date too, so I'm kind of hoping they won't make the 40 weeks pregnant woman actively monitor a test for 3 hours. 
  • Options
    @divinemsm620 I've been thinking about asking, but also, this year's test date is my due date too, so I'm kind of hoping they won't make the 40 weeks pregnant woman actively monitor a test for 3 hours. 
    Oh, I am hoping that for you too. At least you could negotiate some bathroom breaks, no? Then if things get difficult for you, you could step out. 

Personally my induction is 6 days after our back to school night so I am hoping to get out of that...