April 2018 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

If your due date is 4/5, 4/12, 4/19,  4/26, - your "ticker" changes today!

1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 

2. How are you feeling? 

3. Any appointments coming up? 

4. Rants, raves, questions? 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? 

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

• mstoddartmstoddart member
    edited August 2017
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? Today I am 7 weeks (or 7+1 if you ask some other apps, very confusing because they all have the same due date of 4/19). Blueberry!

2. How are you feeling? Still feeling decent overall. Increasing nausea every day, vivid dreams and disrupted sleep. And my workouts have become near impossible.

3. Any appointments coming up? I see my RE for hopefully the last time tomorrow, assuming everything looks good on ultrasound. Then my first OB appointment isn't until 9/14 (so long to wait!).

4. Rants, raves, questions? If this little nugget and I could get on the same page about food, that would be awesome. I keep making meals (this morning it was oatmeal with beautiful fresh figs) and then when I sit down to eat it makes me gag. Baby, I'm happy to eat whatever you want - help a mama out! ;) 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? People who walk slowly in the middle of the sidewalk because they're on their phones. SO ANNOYING. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 
    8 Weeks!! Raspberry. 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    I have been feeling worse towards the evening recently which is weird. Some bouts of sickness in the morning but mostly around dinner time over the past week. 
    ONE WEEK from today! I'm getting so nervous/excited!
    4. Rants, raves, questions
    I found out yesterday that one of my best friends is 14 weeks pregnant!!! I'm so excited for her and I was bursting at the seams to tell her my news but I didn't want to steal her thunder and I also want to wait until I at lease see this little bean next week before spreading the word. It's going to be so fun when we can openly talk about things together. 

I hate being late for things and I hate when other people are late. We will see how much this changes after I have kids!
  • Loading the player...

• 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? I am 6 weeks today and the size of a sweet pea 

2. How are you feeling? Feeling ok. I get a little nauseas here and there and throw up every time I brush my teeth. My boobs are sore in the evenings mostly. Super tired throughout the day and I get heartburn here and there which only happens when I'm pregnant. 

3. Any appointments coming up? I had my first ultrasound with my RE yesterday and we saw a sac and baby with she believes a little flicker of a heartbeat. I will go back next Wednesday for another ultrasound. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? I feel like these weeks are going by SO slow. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? When you hold the door for someone and they don't say thank you. 
  • @mstoddart Have a great graduation appt at the RE!
    @JJMNO1616 So close to that appointment! That's super exciting about your friend.... it must have been so hard not to tell! :)
    ------
    Well, ladies, my EDD changed, so I'm switching to the Friday Ticker Change, but I'm still here cheering you on!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @mstoddart Baby center counts the first day of a new weeks as +1 which is really annoying. I think the idea is "week 8 day 1" vs "week 8 + 1 day". 

@SharonKristin Yesss, so slow! Like turtles in peanut butter. 
  • @hedgepig Noo don't leave us! I understand though... my EDD will probably change after my appt. I have been basing how far along I am off my ovulation date. So we will see how accurate my charting skill are. 
  • MrsF1017MrsF1017 member
    edited August 2017
    6 weeks, baby is a sweet pea
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous all day. Started vitamin b6 last night and it's helping some.
    Sept 11th I have an ultrasound
    I hate that I'm in Deja vu. Dr changed my EDD so I'm at 6 weeks pg again lol
    People that walk like snails in stores. I hate shopping, I wanna get in and out. And I can't if everyone in front of me is walking SUPER slow.

Edited bc of autocorrect... 

8 weeks.  Raspberry 

2. How are you feeling?  Pretty crappy right now, since I picked up a virus from my kid.  Stuffy nose and sore throat on top of deep exhaustion and nausea = "fukkitall"

3. Any appointments coming up? Not for 4 weeks

4. Rants, raves, questions?  None really.  Other than "Why does this part have to suck so much?"

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Oh gosh, really hard to pick one.  Hrm...probably when people stop in a really busy hallway to blah blah blah at each other.  I HATE it.  It is so massively rude.  People will literally scowl at people trying to get by their stupid in-the-way ass, like they are the rude ones.  Extra rage points if people stop in an entryway to chat.  Makes me want to shove them down and step on their stupid inflated ego till it pops.  When I stop to talk to people, I always glance to see if I am in the way, and step aside out of traffic.  I just don't get how so many people don't do that.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Moved from the Friday ticker new due date of 4/19. 

7 weeks The size of a Blueberry 
    2. How are you feeling? 
    Nauseous. All. The. Time. My hair is super greasy, acne is bad. All I want to do is lay in bed.
    Tomorrow I have an appointment with my nurse. 

My husband's driving.....also I second @MrsF1017 Slow people in stores are the worst. This isn't a Sunday walk in the park!
  • lundlund member
    1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 9 weeks (although u/s suggest that I might be 8+5 instead, but until they officially change my EDD I'm gonna stick with Thursday ticker changes)

2. How are you feeling? definitely reaching the point where I'm really bloated by the end of the day and therefore have a noticeable (to me) blump. Also, I'm breaking out like crazy, and still have some nausea and fatigue. I seem to be collecting food aversions - like if I eat something one day, it'll be gross to me the next, and I can't meal plan for dinners as much because, by the time that dinner rolls around, that meal sounds awful to me. And, not gonna lie, most of what DOES sound good is salty, greasy, and very carb-heavy.

3. Any appointments coming up? Nope! Well, I take that back. We have a stupid "Healthy Pregnancy" class on Friday that my OB requires for new moms before we have our first OB appointment. I have a feeling that it's going to be really, really stupid and just go over diet & medication restrictions, exercise recommendations, and that you shouldn't do meth or play rugby. Like, I've been studying pregnancy for a year, all of that will be a big eye-roll for me. But, hopefully we'll be pleasantly surprised with useful information! I'm making DH go with me because the nurse who scheduled it for us said that husbands should attend. Again, I'm pretty sure he doesn't really have to go (I actually do - like they won't let you see the OB until you attend), but FFS I've gone to about 8536424 appointments during this process, he can suck it up and go to a whole two in a week. 

We had our 2nd U/S yesterday and everything looks great! Baby is measuring 8+4 (yesterday) and heart rate was 174. They checked my progesterone again and that looks good too, so I'll be able to stop suppositories in a couple weeks (when the placenta takes over anyway, duh). And, AND provided no issues crop up in the meantime we've officially graduated from the RE!

4. Rants, raves, questions? already annoyed at the whole being KU and having to watch everyone else drink and be annoying in social situations. I'm THRILLED to be KU, but the social drinking/not drinking situations are craptastic. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? poor grammar and spelling. And bad drivers. 
  • @lund YAY! So happy your appointment went well! That Healthy Pregnancy class sounds like a real snooze but let me know what they say about meth and rugby... I've been wondering if those are no goes. 

• lundlund member
    @mstoddart yup. If food aversions could just be consistent for 24 hours at a time that'd be great! Otherwise I keep buying stuff that I don't end up eating.

@JJMNO1616 totally feel you on the late thing. Both DH and I are very prompt (if not early) people, but I agree that this might change once we have a LO around. Otherwise I just don't get it how people are perpetually late. 

@SharonKristin FX for next week's u/s! Glad you saw the heartbeat this week!

@hedgepig noooooooo! I guess my EDD will prob change too, but I'm not ready to jump the Thursday ship yet!

@MrsF1017 I hate anyone who's slow about anything. I have clearly have no patience and my kid is doomed lol. 

@ngolimento YAS to hating when people block hallways, etc. to chat. Living in a small town this happens ALL. THE. TIME. Especially in the grocery store. I'm always so tempted to just ram them with my cart and be like "oops, sorry! I didn't expect anyone to be blocking the aisles!"
  • lundlund member
    @JJMNO1616 thank you! Ha, yeah unfortunately this area gets a lot of teen and unplanned/unhealthy pregnancies (shoot me), so I'm assuming this class is mostly geared towards them so that at their first OB appointment the doc doesn't have to spend 30 minutes being like "STOP EATING GLASS AND SHOOTING UP YOU IDIOT"
  • @lund omg I would have such a hard time controlling my face if the class was full of 16 and pregnants. I don't know if you saw my post last week that Baby Center has a highlighted article about smoking pot while pregnant and a bunch of people were trying to defend it! It's sad but people really are just that stupid. 

• lund said:
    @JJMNO1616 thank you! Ha, yeah unfortunately this area gets a lot of teen and unplanned/unhealthy pregnancies (shoot me), so I'm assuming this class is mostly geared towards them so that at their first OB appointment the doc doesn't have to spend 30 minutes being like "STOP EATING GLASS AND SHOOTING UP YOU IDIOT"
    I would friggin die if I had to take a class like that.  I did loads of research before getting KU.  I would ask my OB for an exception, and if she gave me crap, I'd be all "Ok, ask me any question at all about pregnancy, and I bet I can accurately answer.  Shoot."
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Lund  I feel for you!!! I don't have patience for things like that. I understand some people need classes like that but not everyone does. Shocked it's a requirement. Even with my first baby I already knew so much because I have a lot of nieces and nephews. And if I didn't, I had plenty of people to ask for help. A class would have been dreadful to me. Plus I generally don't have patience for stupid questions when I'm pregnant. Eye rolls would've happened a lot in a class like that. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? How big is baby? 6 weeks / sweet pea 

2. How are you feeling? Tired but could
    be from chasing my toddler. Boobs are very sore and I have terrible back pain. I feel ill around 6pm every night till about 9, not really nausea, just a overall crappy feeling. 

First appointment is a week tomorrow. 

4. Rants, raves, questions? I really wish I could eat dinner, it's been a week and I just can't get myself to eat. 

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? loud breathers -
    if you're 10 ft away from me, and sitting at your desk not
    doing anything active, I shouldn't be able to hear you inhale and exhale. 
    8 weeks, raspberry 

2. How are you feeling? 
    Still feeling exhausted and not sleeping the best. If I don't eat as soon as I start to get hungry or if I eat too much, then the nausea sets in. But overall, nothing too terrible. 

Had another u/s yesterday with my RE. Baby boy has gotten a lot higher and he had a strong heart rate of 161. Two more appointments with her and I'll graduate at 11w to my OB.

None right now. 

Loud eaters...chew with your mouth closed!
  • @JJMNO1616 there were definitely a few speshul snoflayks in the class today. Luckily DH was with me so we texted mean, judgy things back and forth which made it better

@ngolimento I asked if I could "test out" of the class! No dice, and I guess they make ALL patients take it, not first times moms. Which is utterly ridiculous. It was the dumbest class ever - they gave us packets of basic information and then read some of it to us. Like I said to JJMN01616 there were definitely some teens and speshul couples there that probably benefited from the class, but I'm like you and have researched everything pregnancy related for a year+, so I felt like Ron Swanson

@MrsF1017 yup, there were LOTS of eyerolls from me and MH! There was one idiot who asked if she could still pick up her toddler. And the rest was pretty much "here are the basics of pregnancy that you can find if you spend 5 minutes on the internet"
    9 weeks, a cherry!

2. How are you feeling? 
    It's a hit or miss day to day but lately I've been feeling pretty good. FX I don't jinx it. 

Appointment on Monday the 11th, another ultrasound :)

No

I have a lot but loud chewing really gets to me.