April 2018 Moms

Busting out those maternity pants....

I'm 5w3d today, and I've worn my pants unbuttoned all day today. It's my 4th pregnancy (loss, DS1, DS2, this one), but I was always closer to 10+ weeks when I had to do this.  
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1: 10/25/13. EDD: 06/18/14. Confirmed MC: 11/06/13.

BFP #2: 3/31/14. EDD: 12/2/14 Born: 12/9/14

BFP #3: 10/5/15 EDD: 6/10/16 Born: 6/13/16

BFP #4: 8/20/15 EDD: 4/26/18

Re: Busting out those maternity pants....

• It cut off the rest of my post...
    My body's not wasting any time this round. 

What's a symptom/pregnancy thing that is happening a lot earlier than you thought it would?

• Omg can I bust out my maternity stuff too? Lol this is my 3rd. Today felt like my button was going to come off my jeans. I agree it's early I'm 8 weeks tomorrow usually around 10-12 is when I get the maternity stuff out. 

The fatigue is hitting me harder too. I don't remember being this tired with my last 2 so early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Cool story bro.
  • I'm 5+3, my belly is getting hard, and I want my maternity clothes because I'm so bloated and huge in my belly already. This is my 2nd. Wtf.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my 3rd and I"m already in maternity clothes. I'm not messing around. Why be uncomfortable?!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• I'm hoping to score some maternity pants on sale this weekend. I'm getting some serious muffin top action these days.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh I feel you!  I'm 6w1D and bloated as crap!  My work pants are unbottoned
    Ashley Gillis
    Alice - 3/19/16
    Baby #2 - 4/22/18 (?)

Get more of me at Hampton Roads Moms.  
  • You bust them out when you are ready! No shame ladies! I legitimately loved my maternity wardrobe and am oddly excited to wear it again! An added bonus is the seasons match to my first so I'm all set! Oh and since I'm older and a lot of my friends are done having children they passed on their stuff to me. It's like Christmas haha. 
  • @lesliegolem- yep, it's like our bodies know exaccccctly what they're doing at this point.  :D

@saisongbird- I have to hard part on my belly too. Give me all the clothes with elastic.

@BarefootContessa- I pulled out all my maternity clothes from storage and am washing them this week.

@irenejean- Have you checked out Thredup? It's online shopping so you can't try on the stuff, but I still found a bunch of great second hand maternity stuff.

@btm013- no shame at all! That works out so well that the seasons match for your pregnancies. 

• @alsbaldwin No, I haven't! Going to check it out later today, thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Any maternity clothes brand recommendations?  I'm definitely looking for some "nice" pants to wear to work, leggings to wear under dresses, and bras. Would love to hear if there is anything you guys loved or hated. Also, if you buy something that "fits" now (9 weeks), will you have to buy again later?
  • angiek1angiek1 member
    edited August 2017
    I caved around 6 weeks because my bloat was so bad. 

@m00nshyne checkout pinkblush.com. Everything has fit great and is good quality wo breaking the bank. I would wait to buy bras until a little later if you can. Most of my general clothig fit the entire time. A few of my shirts are looser now but still work. 

edit: added about fit
  • @m00nshyne Just about the only places I've found that still carry maternity clothes in-store are Motherhood Maternity and Target, and Target doesn't have any dress pants or much selection other than super casual stuff. I liked Motherhood's clothes for work. Anything that is specifically maternity should fit you through all 9 months unless you gain a lot of weight (and I mean no offense by that, it's just the way it goes). Maternity clothes are designed to fit for the whole pregnancy.

@angiek1 I think general clothes fitting depends on height. My sister is 5'3" and wore most of her normal clothes until 7ish months, but at 5'8" every non-maternity shirt I owned showed my belly by like 4 1/2 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @m00nshyne I cannot recommend this dress highly enough.  I literally have it in three colors and wear them to work often, even when not pregnant.  (Which, to me, is the ideal!  Clothes you can keep in your wardrobe after pregnancy.)  The black version of this dress is my favorite date night dress for...the like, once a year my husband and I go on a date, haha.

https://www.apeainthepod.com/seraphine-knot-front-maternity-dress/006-15472-36-6.html?product_id=006-15472-36-6&adpos=1o1&creative=118250592866&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KCQjw557NBRC9ARIsAHJvVVNJkgIsPzl-ljQ31LF55Dlr-rHg5tomMb7nVxN5-tCmiEaVOKZAJywaAqjKEALw_wcB

Anyway, it's kind of pricey, but going on three years of weekly wear, all three dresses are going strong.
  • I agree with the Pea in the Pod recommendation if you're looking for "nice" maternity clothes. If you have one nearby you, you can always go in to check out the size you are in the different brands they carry and then look for them online. Most of my favorite maternity clothes are brands from that store (but many actually purchased on eBay) and have all held up well over 3 pregnancies. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As far as sizing goes, if you buy for your current size, things should fit the entire time. I gained 50 pounds during my first pregnancy, and during the last month my pants were feeling tight. I could have bought new maternity pants one size bigger, but I wasn't going to do that for a few weeks of wear. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I really liked Asos for maternity clothes last pregnancy-- especially for dresses for events/work.
  • This is my 3rd and I'm almost 8 weeks, and I think I might make it one more week in my regular clothes.  My bloat is starting to go away, but I'm definitely getting a little belly already.  Was hoping to make it until 10 weeks to tell people but I'm not sure I will.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Feeling better about wearing maternity clothes to work next week. Real clothes make me want to cry.

Oh - bras? I went straight to non-underwire bras last time when my bump made wearing them too hard to breathe, but right now they just HURT. I didn't have boob pain the first time. Any suggestions?

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • thanks for the recommendations everyone!!
    @maureenmce , I love the dress! agree that it will end up in my regular rotation.
  • Ohh I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling big. I read in all of my pregnancy books that you typically don't gain weight during the first tri and don't start showing so I thought I was abnormal. I posted this question in the Fit Mom check in thread: I haven't gained any weight but I swear my stomach has gotten larger and flabbier. Not a baby bump, just looks like a gut. I'm wondering if now that my body has released the relaxin hormone, whatever was holding my already-overweight tummy in check is now just all hanging out.