May 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-In 8/30

This thread is a weekly check in for those expecting their second -- or more! -- child. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any time if you have a question or need to vent about the challenges of having children at home while pregnant. 

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:

GTKY: What's something funny your LO has done or said lately?

Re: STM+ Check-In 8/30

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    4w 6d 

17m's

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    Nursing aversion...  i've already reached out to my local la Leche league for some advice and I have a few friends that have tandem nursed so hopefully I'll be able to figure out the right solution for me and J.  I'm concerned that I'm going to be too tired over the next few months to really be a good mom. 

I'm excited that we might be done building our family unit. /shrugs/ I was team one and done and now I'm not, so it's a lot to process. 

Rant: Pregnancy turns me into a bat shit crazy person, and I'm already starting to feel those effects. I'm going to start seeing a therapist next month, so I'll have some help in that department this time around.
    Rave: Pumpkin is back at Dunkin Donuts ;) I get an iced coffee with half pumpkin half mocha. It's the bomb dot com
    Randoms:  I am a little perturbed that I'm going to be spending Mother's Day in bed recovering from childbirth (I'm such a Leo :D)  oh but that means that there might be a mom or two in this group that has a baby on Mother's Day!
    Question:  does anyone have any good recommendations for yoga maternity pants? Before anyone gets on the people shouldn't wear yoga pants or leggings out of the house bandwagon (you know it's coming) I have to wear them at work because I'm a dance instructor ;)

He woke up out of a dead sleep yesterday when I asked my SO for a banana while I was nursing him XD
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4+5

20 months 
    Well my son has slept in a zipadeezip since he was 5 mo old.  At almost 2 I feel like it’s time to transition him out but last night he screamed for over 2 hrs and finally just brought him to bed with me.  Ughhh so tired.  
    DS can walk to the car from the front door which will be son nice when I get bigger.  
    Sleep lol like above.  
    DS woke me up this morning yelling mama in my face and smiled really big when I woke up.  
  • Options
    **FTM invading your thread** any STM+ on Tricare with previous pregnancy? Would love to pick your brain. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5 weeks, 1 days

17 months

Mostly worried about sleep, as my toddler still is rarely sleeping through the night, so I'm foreseeing an exceptionally exhausting first few months once the new baby comes. Also trying to figure out weaning my daughter, who still comfort nurses multiple times a day. As it is starting to hurt, I feel that I am ready to be done breastfeeding, but want to wean in a gentle and non forced manner. My daughter appears to have other ideas about that haha..

Right now, I'm just loving how fun and curious toddlers are! Although they can be super exhausting, it's amazing how much excitement they can get from little things. I can't wait for my daughter to have a sibling, I think she is in the stage where she wants another kid around and is getting bored of just adults.

Pretty much every day we get something hilarious out of my LO. She's learning to assert herself, so her new favourite thing is refusing any breakfast we offer her and requesting pasta instead. She has also learned the word for coffee, so frequently asks for that as well (not that we give it to her)
  • Options
    @elu8108 it seems like a lot of us are worried about the natural warning vs forced weaning aspect of a new pregnancy. My LO will be 2 in March, so I'll be content to wean whenever it happens. (I'll also be away from him for eight days in November for my honeymoon, so it might happen then too /shrugs)

I also feel you in the coffee front. J has only ever had black coffee once, and I was hoping it would be terrible so he'd never want it again, but he's a monster around other people's coffee cups now. He's also obsessed with beer cans and bottles, which I still don't understand because he's definitely NEVER had those! :D 
  • Options
    @Kaysquared2, I say let him stay in the zipadee zip til he goes to college if that's what it takes to get good sleep! My DD loved hers to.

For those of you approaching weaning, we weaned very smoothly around me 8 months. I actually reintroduce fed bottle for a few months. She was a bit old to be using bottled but she loved them! 

As as for me:
    How far along are you?  5+1

How old are your other kids? 2 since April

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  We are in the middle of a phase where she takes forever to fall asleep and wants us to come into her room a million times for socks, water, different water, because her diaper is wet, etc. hoping it passes soon. I never know if his means I should be getting her to bed earlier or later. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM :  We are just excited for DD to have someone to grow up with! 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I got nothing. 

This morning she saw a water rescue on the news and she was convinced that the rescuer was pulling the person's hair. She just kept saying, "that's NOT berry nice!" 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @attorneyworkproduct He’s just outgrowing the size large and I don’t want to spend the $$$ on an XL.  He’s not totally too big for the larges so we might wait until I’m out of this first trimester fatigue before we try again.  Or I might just order the XL lol.  Sleep is worth a lot.  
  • Options
    How far along are you?  4 weeks 6 days

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I posted about my STM guilt so that. Also I hear that you tend to get one of each. My daughter was an amazing baby, chill, good eater and sleeper, healthy, etc. I'm sure this pregnancy/child will be much different. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : My daughter really wants a sibling. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:  I already look pregnant. I know it's just belly bloat but damn I look 4 months along. 

We visited her friend at a soccer game. She saw some teenagers practicing and ran through their practice and kicked their soccer ball (with impressive force and skill) away from the teens. I was embarrassed but slightly proud. We signed up that day. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5w 1d

2.5 y/o boy

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  Just worried about adjusting, we just moved in April and when baby comes C will be going into a different bedroom. So I'd say my biggest concern is just handling all the transitions well! 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I'm excited for C to have a sibling! He is very social and I think he'll be really happy to have someone else to grow up with. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I'm in the starving all the the time phase and I'm hoping this passes soon so I don't gain a ton of weight at the beginning haha 

This morning when I get him out of bed he told me I look like a "pretty princess" which made me and my bed head laugh 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w4d

DS turned 1 in June

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now? Ugh, just trying to decide how in the world I can handle two babies. DS loves to be held all the time still. He's constantly asking for 'up' so that he can be on our level and see everything on the counters/table. Hopefully that tames down, we've got 8 months

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I really enjoyed my first pregnancy, so I'm excited to get to 2nd trimester. A constant success is getting up every morning on time-ish and not just taking an after work nap when I get home with DS and dumping everything on DH. Preserver, moms!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Why am I bloated already? Why!!! Maybe I should drink more than 3 cups of water all day

Haha, ok, so Sunday DH opened the remote control car DS got for his birthday and showed him how it works. One button remote that alternates between rotating and going forward each time you push. DS was playing for awhile and ended up gripping the button for a longer time while it was on the rotate cycle. His response was to start spinning in circles with the car until he got dizzy and sat down. We had to sit down with him we were laughing so hard
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Options
    How far along are you?  4 weeks

3 yo twins

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I had pretty bad post partum depression/anxiety after my girls were born *TW death* they were born a week after my dad died very suddenly and unexpectedly, so I think MH and I are both slightly worried that the anxiety will come back again, as my due date is very close to the anniversary of his death. *end TW*

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Nothing specific, I'm just so happy to be pregnant again, and I can't wait to be able to tell the girls.  We haven't yet because they're still very much in the Parrot phase, and I know they'll spill to everyone if we tell them.  

Every day with those two is like a sit-com, watching them use phrases to each other that I say to them.  Like A calling H "sweetie" all the time, or H telling A that she's "sick of watching Beauty and the Beast!" (I had just said the same thing a few days before that).  MH texted me earlier and told me that they asked for pepperoni for their snack and when he said no, they started chanting- A: Peppa! H: Roni!

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    How far along are you?  4 weeks

3 yo twins

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I had pretty bad post partum depression/anxiety after my girls were born *TW death* they were born a week after my dad died very suddenly and unexpectedly, so I think MH and I are both slightly worried that the anxiety will come back again, as my due date is very close to the anniversary of his death. *end TW*

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : Nothing specific, I'm just so happy to be pregnant again, and I can't wait to be able to tell the girls.  We haven't yet because they're still very much in the Parrot phase, and I know they'll spill to everyone if we tell them.  

Every day with those two is like a sit-com, watching them use phrases to each other that I say to them.  Like A calling H "sweetie" all the time, or H telling A that she's "sick of watching Beauty and the Beast!" (I had just said the same thing a few days before that).  MH texted me earlier and told me that they asked for pepperoni for their snack and when he said no, they started chanting- A: Peppa! H: Roni!
    I have a friend with five month old boys. I can't wait for her stories like these!
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816  The first year was so hard, especially the first 6 months!!  Around 2.5 I felt like I could finally say how much fun it is to have twins.  But now they are truly so much fun and I love watching them grow up together.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w1d

DS turned 3 in May

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  No concerns right now.  I am worried that if I have bad morning sickness again, that it will be hard to manage with a toddler.  I am enjoying the time before it starts and while I still have energy.  DS has not been napping at school and he still needs it.  He has been falling asleep in the car on the way home and been incredibly overtired in the evenings.  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I am excited to see DS be a helper.  He likes to pick out his own clothes or do other things for himself lately, and I think he will like doing the same things for a baby.  

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Rant- it is over 110 here all week and it is miserable.  Rave- Getting a pedicure today!  Yay!

I told him that he was being silly the other day and he told me it was his job to be silly.  He also built a robot out of bristle blocks, held him up to his face, and walked around saying, "Beep boop, beep boop, I am a robot," in a monotone voice.
  • Options
    @yesthisiskim0401 I am anxious to tell DS as well, but I want to wait until we are ready to tell more people because he will want to tell everyone!
    @Knottie9983816 I am excited to complete our family unit as well
    @Kaysquared2 it is so nice when they don't have to be carried everywhere!
    @elu8108 I am worried about the exhaustion once the baby is here also
    @attorneyworkproduct last night, DS needed 10 more hugs and kisses to go to sleep.  
    @momo214 I wonder how this baby will be.  DS was a terrible napper/sleeper, but he was a great eater and still is.  
    @Jlr025 DS will be moving rooms too.  Our baby monitor is mounted in his room and his crib is currently in it's toddler bed stage, so we will make that the baby's room
    @artlea2013  I am so bloated, too.  I have been downing water and it isn't helping.  
    @char245 I am also postponing the packing for this weekend!  It's the worst
    @sandbar517 I bet the conversations they have are the best!  That's so cute!

• Options
    @Kaysquared2, i feel you. They are pretty expensive. I tried to make a larger one for DD. Unfortunately it took me forever to finish and when I finally did finish it, I felt like it was probably unsafe because it had a super stiff neck line and I was worried she would choke. So it got stuffed in a box never to be used. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5w1d

DS1 is 5 and DS2 is 16 months

We're trying to figure out how to deal with DS2 and climbing. We had to move all our kitchen chairs into the hallway on the other side of the baby gate unless we're using them otherwise he climbs onto the table the second nobody is looking.

I feel like my last pregnancy was full of stress and I didn't take the time to enjoy it. This will definitely be my last so I'm hoping to slow down a little a treally enjoy this one.

Rant - Still sick although starting to get better except a terrible cough. Also this was an unplanned pregnancy and DH is having a hard time adjusting to the idea of a 3rd. Rave - It's finally my weekend! (I work Sat-Tues night shift)

DS2 has decided that there are theee babies: two boys, one each for DH and myself, and a girl for himself. He also says he wants 100 baby brothers/sisters.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4 wks 6 days

He turned two in May

Hes still nursing. I'm more than ready to be done.  He's addicted
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• Options

How far along are you? 4w 1d I think

How old are your other kids? Almost 4 and 14 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  This was a very unexpected pregnancy so I'm a tad bit nervous for how my son will adjust.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : If everything goes ok, this will for sure be our last so I will try to savor it more. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:I'm still in shock, like what is going on?! How did this happen!? Again!?

GTKY: What's something funny your LO has done or said lately? My 3 year old requested a dog nap instead of cat nap. Lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am! You can message me/pick my brain! 
  • Options
    @TeacherMom210 and @alylove11 You can copy and paste the text at the top of a thread instead of quoting. Just in case you were unaware. It took me some time to get used to using this format of social media after Facebook doing everything for you.
  • Options
    How far along are you? I'm 4w5d

My daughter is almost 19 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I'm feeling the guilt super bad right now that my daughter will have to share me. She's so attached and the sweetest person. She's still nursing, and is obsessed, so weaning will be emotional for both of us. I don't want to force her off but I also don't really want to be nursing two kids. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I know that when they are older I will appreciate them having a sibling, and I can't wait for the newborn snuggles again! Even though my daughter was colicky, I genuinely loved the newborn phase!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Looking to chat with other mom's who are still nursing, what are you all going to do!?!?!

Brought my dad's slippers over to me this morning (he keeps a pair at our house), which meant she wanted to facetime with him. So cute! 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    5 weeks

DD is almost 3
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  DD is absolutely 100% against potty training and it's driving me batty!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM : I know better what's important and what's not as important and I feel so much less stressed out!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: My m/s with DD started right at 6 weeks so hard that I couldn't keep liquids down. Is it possible for that to start sooner 2nd time around? Feeling pretty icky today.

Last night, DH was putting DD to bed and she let out a huge toot that vibrated the bed. DH looked at her and she had the biggest grin on her face lol.
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816

I teach dance too! In my first pregnancy, I just bought bigger size workout pants and either let the band sit ontop of my belly (before I hit whale status) or below. I'm also an avid Lularoe lover. If you haven't heard of it, they make buttery soft leggings (as well as tons of cute tops, skirts, and dresses). I've worn them a couple times to class. Depending on how intense your teaching is, they can get a little hot at times, though. But seriously, I'm going to live in these leggings for my pregnancy!
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    4 weeks, 2 days

3.5 (4 in November)

My only concern is how this new baby is going to mesh with our good sleeping toddler

just thankful to be pregnant again after having to go the IF treatment this time around

As I was falling asleep last night, I overheard DH tell DD that "mommy sleeps too much." this morning I told him talk to me when he's pregnant

whenever I tell DD something she doesn't want to hear, she asks me "where's your mom..."
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    @Knottie9983816

I teach dance too! In my first pregnancy, I just bought bigger size workout pants and either let the band sit ontop of my belly (before I hit whale status) or below. I'm also an avid Lularoe lover. If you haven't heard of it, they make buttery soft leggings (as well as tons of cute tops, skirts, and dresses). I've worn them a couple times to class. Depending on how intense your teaching is, they can get a little hot at times, though. But seriously, I'm going to live in these leggings for my pregnancy!
    Oooh! What do you teach? I teach a combo tap/ballet class, three ballet classes, and beginner pointe (older teens in that class)
  • Options
    kpc914 said:
    **FTM invading your thread** any STM+ on Tricare with previous pregnancy? Would love to pick your brain. 
    I've done both tricare prime and standard, happy to answer any questions you have.
    November Siggy Challenge

• Options
    edited September 2017
    How far along are you?  1w1d (How do I even know I'm pregnant?!  FirstResponse FTW!)

22 months.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I completely failed at breastfeeding with my daughter and am apprehensive about trying it for the "first" time the second time around!  I'm also not looking forward to all the appointments because I've been doing really well with my health anxiety over the past two years and don't feel like rocking the boat. On a pettier note, I am also sad that we just bought a really nice splurgy bottle of bourbon and now I can't have any!   :'(

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I can't wait for my daughter to have a sibling!  Almost all my friends have at least two or thee kids and I was starting to feel the old biological clock tick, since we'd like to have four if possible.  I'm also just glad that I was able to get pregnant quicker-than-we-thought this time around, as we struggled last time due to an undiagnosed thyroid issue.  And I'm glad that the current timing works well with an anticipated job-related move to Phoenix in fall 2018!  I also have two pregnancy dresses I really like and am weirdly excited to wear again. :)

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:  I FORGOT ABOUT THE BLOAT OMG ALMOST READY FOR PREGGO PANTS IN WEEK ONE

Edit: Also, what is this "Bump implosion" everyone is talking about?  Haven't been on the site since 2015!

She's obsessed with wiping her stuffed fox's nonexistent privates.  In public.   :# 
  • Options
    How far along are you?  1w1d (How do I even know I'm pregnant?!  FirstResponse FTW!)

22 months.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM+ or questions about things your children are going through now?  I completely failed at breastfeeding with my daughter and am apprehensive about trying it for the "first" time the second time around!  I'm also not looking forward to all the appointments because I've been doing really well with my health anxiety over the past two years and don't feel like rocking the boat. On a pettier note, I am also sad that we just bought a really nice splurgy bottle of bourbon and now I can't have any!   :'(

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I can't wait for my daughter to have a sibling!  Almost all my friends have at least two or thee kids and I was starting to feel the old biological clock tick, since we'd like to have four if possible.  I'm also just glad that I was able to get pregnant quicker-than-we-thought this time around, as we struggled last time due to an undiagnosed thyroid issue.  And I'm glad that the current timing works well with an anticipated job-related move to Phoenix in fall 2018!  I also have two pregnancy dresses I really like and am weirdly excited to wear again. :)

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions:  I FORGOT ABOUT THE BLOAT OMG ALMOST READY FOR PREGGO PANTS IN WEEK ONE

Edit: Also, what is this "Bump implosion" everyone is talking about?  Haven't been on the site since 2015!

She's obsessed with wiping her stuffed fox's nonexistent privates.  In public.   :# 
    Ummmm, hi fellow Oct '15 mama! Our little group has missed you since you left. I hope you and baby girl are doing well! How ironic that we are due at the same time again.