January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointment Thread: Week of 8/28

Who's got appointments this week?  Check-in here!

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Appointment Thread: Week of 8/28

• Options
    I've got my 20 week appointment on Friday (technically it'll be 19+4 but close enough). Then AS coming up the following Friday. OMG I cannot wait, now that it's so close it seems sooooo far away! 

I'm really hoping to get out of sex-jail after the AS. I've been having really terrible insecure dreams every night about hubby leaving me or cheating on me or refusing to go through with the wedding or having a secret boyfriend. It's hard waking up morning after morning with these images in my head and not being able to get that physical comfort.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Centering appointment on Thursday. Excited to see everyone.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    edited August 2017
    @auntieraindrop oh that's awful! I'm so sorry:( pregnancy has made me a more jealous person, and I've also been having dreams like that. 
    The only good thing is that my sex drive has seemed to ramp up quite a bit. 

I have an appointment with my second second option for a doula tomorrow. Both charge the same amount, so it will come down to who I click with best.
  • Options
    Anatomy scan today! So excited. But also feel like the day is going to drag on because of how excited I am about it. Haha!!
    Good luck ladies at all of the appointments this week!! 
  • Options
    We have the anatomy scan followed by the 20 week appointment with our midwife on Wednesday. I'm so excited and so nervous about the results of the anatomy scan. There's no reason to think that there's anything won't with the baby in terms of expected disability, but there's so many random things that could go wrong for no apparent reason.

No matter what the news, we'll get to start really narrowing down names, which I'm ready for. And assuming the news is good, we'll finally go ahead and put the news out on social media.
  • Options
    A/s this Friday at 21w! So excited.
  • Options
    A/S and fetal echo tomorrow morning...I am SO excited/nervous!
  • Options
    @auntieraindrop That's got to be really hard -- I hope you're also released from sex jail. <3 
  • Options
    The one where DH had a boyfriend was the worst. Apparently the one thing my subconscious can't take is being dumped for a man.  :D
  • Options
    Follow up from my a/s almost two weeks ago tomorrow morning. I'm concerned about what the doctor might tell me about the scan. I just really want the baby to be healthy. 
  • Options
    Thinking of you, @darkrose88 <3
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you, @darkrose88.

A/S and 20-week appointment on Wednesday! So excited/nervous!
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @KatieEl what tea do you drink. Last time I drank RRL tea the last few weeks.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy with DS1 and DS2 I did 4 cups of RRL a day starting at 30 weeks; but this time (different midwife) she recommends a pregnancy blend.  It's two parts each RRL, nettles, and oatstraw, and 1 part alfalfa. Aim to drink 1 quart a day.  (making it in bulk: add 1 cup of the herbs to 2 quarts boiling water, steep until cold.  Strain with a fine mesh strainer and add water to dilute to one gallon.) You can buy the herbs on Amazon.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @supercoolstephy @KatieEl FTM question here, what is pregnancy tea and why start it now?
  • Options
    @gilsam1 obligatory disclaimer that you should check with your health care professional before adding any herbs, even mild taken as a tea, to your diet. The pregnancy tea blend I'm taking is nutritive and provides lots of vitamins for a healthy pregnancy, and the 'big' ingredient RRL (red raspberry leaf) is a uterine toner and can help prepare your uterus for delivery. 
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @darkrose88 so glad to hear it!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @darkrose88 so glad it went well!
  • Options
    @darkrose88 thank goodness! I'm glad they saw what they needed to (as my OB put it: "a head full o' brains and a four chambered heart")
  • Options
    @darkrose88 Fantastic! So happy to hear it went well! 
    BFP #1 4.2.12, M/C 4.12.12 @ 6 weeks :: BFP #2 10.20.12, EDD 6.25.13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 I'm sorry baby wasn't cooperative! From what I've heard, that happens more than you'd think. Hopefully they're able to get the views they need next time, FX it all goes well!
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405  with my first I had to go back because they couldn't get all the pics of her heart and everything  turned out fine, hope that is the case for you!! Also had anterior placenta and that prevented me from feeling too many movements before about 22-24 weeks but then after that I felt ALL the kicks! 
  • Options
    @jaclyn0405 Just wanted to show my support! Sorry you didn't get all the answers you were looking for at your AS scan. Keep us posted on how your follow up goes. 
  • Options
    @schaze @RC1014 @GraceUponGrace09 thanks so much ladies!! In my heart I feel that everything is okay, I'll have to occupy myself from now until the 15th! And @RC1014 thanks about the anterior placenta!! I actually did actively start to feel her last Thursday at 21w3d! And while it isn't constant yet, it is at least every day multiple times a day! 
  • Options
    @scatteringashes how did it go today??
  • Options
    Meeting with a doula friend this weekend. Trying to decide if hiring one (her) is something I want to do.
  • Options
    I have my anatomy scan as well as their echos's tomorrow morning :) hope both boys are still growing equally and no ttts still!!  My last scan when they weighted they were 5oz and 6 oz at 16 weeks and both breech, so turn babies turn!!!
  • Options
    It's a/s day! We go in about 2 hours. So excited!!!