April 2017 Moms

Without Help, there has to be others...

Don't know if this is the right place. I'm just hoping that there are other ladies out there in the same boat. My husband joined the military and (starting today) will be gone for the next 7 to 8 months. We moved to a new state before finding out we were pregnant. So this leaves me all by myself with our soon to be 5 month old son. I'm terrified I won't be able to do this all by myself. For the past two or three weeks I'd get very anxious even thinking about it. I just want to know that I'm not alone, that there are other mommies out there doing it without any type of support system. 

Re: Without Help, there has to be others...

• I would definitely speak to your OB or general practitioner about your anxiety concerns. Post partum anxiety is fairly common but rarely talked about, and they can give you suggestions for how to manage that.

As far as a support system goes, look for a mom's group in your area. Military bases will typically have some sort of support group for spouses left behind while on deployment. I think a real, concrete group of new friends in your new home will help with your concerns more than this board will...it's not very active anymore. 

I know it's not the same, but DH travels for work 50% of the time. Sometimes he's gone every weekday for a month or more, and in those times I have to do it all with the baby and our two year old. It starts out tough, but you and your little one will find your groove eventually. And FWIW, my mom raised two decently cool kiddos on her own while my dad was stationed overseas for the first ten years of my life. 

Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker