May 2018 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

Your "ticker change day" is the day you switch over to being another full week pregnant (ie: 5 weeks instead of 4 weeks and 6 days).

If your EDD is 5/3, 5/18, 5/25, or 5/31, this is for you! 

1.  How far along are you?  How big is baby?

2.  How are you feeling?

3.  Any appointments coming up?

4.  Rants/raves/questions?

5.  GTKY:  What are your top favorite books of all time? 

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 8/31

• Options
    5 weeks/Appleseed 

2.  How are you feeling?
    Feeling better, hopefully I'll have enough energy to tackle the kitchen so I can cook today instead of eating fast food.

Not yet

Does anyone have a brand of maternity yoga pants they recommend?

Harry Potter (obviously) I also enjoyed the Weather Warden series. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, and the follow up Little Kids version were great. Nutureshock. Both Freakenomics books. Probably some others I'm forgetting...
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 Potterhead here too! Sorry, don't have a rec about the yoga pants.

5 weeks! A pop rocks crystal

2.  How are you feeling?
    I'm nervous but taking everything day by day. Symptom wise mostly fine just a lot of fatigue. Also, I seem to be the only one, but I'm absolutely ravenous. 

Not til Sept 11.

Rave: Going to trivia tonight with some friends! Rant: I don't want to tell them yet so I have to pretend to drink again. 

Of all time- no question it's Harry Potter. The first few in the GOT series were also pretty good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @RachelG83 so You can still have a drink here and there if you're comfortable with it, (even though I knew this last time, I probably had a half a glass of wine the entire pregnancy because alcohol was one of the few things that made me sick) Or you can just say you're not feeling up to drinking because something you had at lunch turned your stomach, and you don't want to risk cutting the night short. 
  • Options
    @Knottie9983816 Nah, definitely not comfortable with that. PGAL brain. It's easier just to order tonic water and pretend its a vodka tonic in my opinion. Not that any of these people care, (they know about my loss), so I assume the know we are trying again anyway. 
  • Options
    @RachelG83 so You can still have a drink here and there if you're comfortable with it, (even though I knew this last time, I probably had a half a glass of wine the entire pregnancy because alcohol was one of the few things that made me sick) Or you can just say you're not feeling up to drinking because something you had at lunch turned your stomach, and you don't want to risk cutting the night short. 

My last pregnancy my doctor said an occasional drink AFTER first trimester.  
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• Options

5 weeks/appleseed

2.  How are you feeling?
    Bloated lol  I woke up super nauseous today and I'm hoping that was a fluke.  Also having some low back pain.
    Not until 10/2 :(
    I feel like I'm way more nervous this time than my first pregnancy
    Harry Potter 
    Jenna
    Mama to a crazy toddler (J-5/28/15)
    EDD 5-3-18

• Options
    5 weeks/appleseed
    2.  How are you feeling?
    Bloated, low energy, some heartburn, general blah feeling.
    First appt is September 14th - can't come soon enough!
    Rave: I'm visiting my dad and family this weekend (400 miles away) and telling them the news! Rant: DH says it's too early, but it'll be months before I see them again and it's so much better to tell in person!
    Harry Potter, The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare, Prey by Michael Crichton, and The Circle series by Ted Dekker
    BFP 9/11/13   EDD 5/21/14   MC 9/20/13  <3
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP 2/25/14   EDD 11/5/14   BD 11/4/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

BFP 8/26/17  EDD  5/5/18
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @TeacherMom2015 That's what my doc said about the drinking thing too. 

@zizzabelle523 I'm gonna have to check out some of those books! I agree about telling family in person, I wish mine didn't live so far away either!
  • Options

5 weeks,  appleseed
    2.  How are you feeling?
    TIRED, bloated,  cranky
    sept 11 I have what my practice calls a "forms class " ?? No idea. But it's a hour long and required. Then my first real appt and ultrasound is oct 2
    I got home yesterday and my husband was napping... leaving me to deal with my overtired 2.5 year old,  our dog,  and clean up alone after my first day of school with students for the school year.   I somehow managed to not kill him. 
    I'm a total potter head. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png