November 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL / PAIF 8/29-9/4/17

This thread is for women who are pregnant after a loss and who have a history of loss or for women who have struggled with infertility and are now pregnant.

This thread is one huge trigger warning so if you just came to read, please protect yourself if you are not comfortable reading about loss.  This is a place where women can talk freely about their loss history.

*****PLEASE DO NOT post losses here. Start a new thread. *****

Hey PGAL / PAIF ladies, "Today you are pregnant!"  3 

1. How far along are you today?

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?

4. How is your SO handling everything?

5. GTKY: What is something you would like to go back in time and tell your younger self?
It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility

Re: PGAL / PAIF 8/29-9/4/17

• Options
    Sorry, guys... I just didn't have the mental / emotional strength to start the check in last week.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options

30+1

-early miscarriage/CP @4+2 August 2016 confirmed with blood work 
    - ectopic pregnancy between 5-6 weeks confirmed with blood work and ultrasound in September 2016

Eh I have been better but nothing extremely bad yet. 

Struggles- I had my 30 week appointment yesterday and with my preterm labor history he wanted to check me to see if I had any changes since I was last checked at the hospital (25+5). Unfortunately, I had a tad change and I went from a thick lining and 1cm diliated at the hospital to four weeks later being 1.5cm and 50% thinned out (effaced). He wasn't too concerned but put me on a modified pelvic rest and now wants to see me weekly. Well today I woke up in pain. My pelvic bones feel like they are crushing and my lower back has this lovely dull pain that won't go away. It's bearable for now but if it gets worse overnight I will either call or go get checked at L&D. 

For the most part he is still doing pretty well. The doctor told us at the hospital they didn't think we would make it past 35-37 weeks but they told us 34 with DD and she came at 37+3 so we were both kind of hoping they were wrong. Now that the doctor is detecting changes in my cervix I think reality is hitting him that we will possibly have two kids in the next five weeks. He is also worried about the possibility of a huge NICU bill now. 

5. GTKY: What is something you would like to go back in time and tell your younger self?

I would love to go back and tell my younger self not to listen to my dad when it came to my major and which school I attended. I followed where he wanted me to go and what he wanted to do instead of following my passion. Especially back then I was really scared to let him down so I went with it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

27 weeks

MMC 2/29/16, CPs in April and June, MC in October. Started IVF in Jan 17, transferred 2 PGS tested embryos 3/13, one stuck and growing 

Im having hard time wrapping my head around that we could conceivably have our rainbow baby in 10 weeks or so. My OB keeps mentioning that IVF babies tend to come early but hasn't given much of HOW early. I am hoping to get a better idea of what she means at my appointment on Friday. I had my first shower Sunday and it felt like a milestone we would never reach. It was surreal to be opening presents for OUR baby finally 

While we were back in Canada we got to visit 3 of his friends that all have new babies and seeing them really made it sink in for him. He has always been very excited but now I think it seems much more real. He was so cute with his 2 nephews and completely took my by surprise when he voluntarily kept attacking his 22 month olds booger nose like it was no big deal 

stop going back to the guy who just keeps you on the hook. It's not worth it tomtoir self esteem to keep going through the same cycle. And speak up for yourself and how you feel 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    1. How far along are you today? 29w3d

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. First PG - m/c 10 weeks October 2010. Second PG - daughter born March 2012. NTNP without success for 4.5 years for no apparent reason. Third PG - m/c 10 weeks October 2016. Fourth PG - this is it. Had a septate uterus which was repaired after my first m/c in December 2010.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Pretty good actually. Baby has been kicking a lot more than the past few days, which makes me feel zillions of times better.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He has been Mr. Handyman over the past week or two and the nursery looks way better than I could have imagined. He has also been a lot more thoughtful of me (and I think less distracted with work and family stuff (his parents)).

Guys are gross, even the awesome ones have a gross side that they will usually give into given the chance. Take what they say to you with a huge grain of salt. Their actions over time will tell the true story.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @MKMandeville let us know how things are going!
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

30 weeks + 4 days

2 miscarriages; one really early one at 8 weeks went to the ultrasound and couldn't find a heartbeat. 

im feeling guilty. My friend is in the hospital with her baby. Twins were born at 24 weeks and one passed away about 6 hours later. I'm feeling guilty because I have had such bad back pain that i can't move sometimes and it brings me to tears, but my baby is healthy and growing. I hate feeling like I'm complaining about some pain when she's in the NICU everyday. I don't talk to her about my pain at all. But just feeling like I'm complaining when my baby is healthy makes me feel so guilty. I know we're lucky to have had a healthy pregnancy so far. 

Hes amazing. He knows I'm in pain and wants me to relax and take care of baby but I know he's stressed out with trying to get the house done before baby comes here. 

i would tell myself that there's no way to make everyone happy and that I need to do what I need to do to make myself happy too
  • Options
    @Abby7 so far so good. I feel a little better today. Most of my pelvic pain now is just her moving around since the doctor said she was already engaged. I am still laying low until my next appointment just in case. 
  • Options
    @NYTino24 no worries about last week, thanks for starting this week! Hopefully this week is better for you!

1. How far along are you today? 27w6d

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. CP in December 2016

Physically, I feel pretty good...though my neck and back are killing me. Emotionally/mentally....I feel "meh." I had about 2-3 weeks of feeling kicks quite often and being excited about it. Then, for the past two days, I have felt hardly nothing. I am trying not to get paranoid, but she seems to be far less active. Maybe felt 2-3 kicks in the past 48 hours, but were far less strong than previous ones. I am sure it is nothing, but my mind goes down the rabbit hole often.

Good. Trying to get him on board with having a doula. He is not opposed to it, but I want him to be supportive/bought into it. His current approach is, "If that is what you want, then sure." But the nagging side of me wants him to want it. Which I know is irrational, but that's where I am at...

To travel more during college when I didn't have as many life commitments (i..e, pets, bills, home, job). We have been very lucky to take some amazing trips in the past few years, but I really wish I would have done a full semester abroad. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 27+5

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. TTC for 18 cycles, first positive ever was lucky number 18. Did basic treatment for a few months since that's all our insurance covered (shots/meds/monitoring) and crazily lucked out with a spontaneous pregnancy on a non-treatment cycle right before we were going to start IVF. I had incorporated pretty much everything from It Starts With The Egg three months earlier, and think that made the difference for me.

3. How are you feeling today? Struggles? Successes? So tired, but happy. I had a spot of blood yesterday which worried me and prompted a call to the doctor, but everything seems to be fine and the baby has been kicking a ton yesterday and today. 

4. How is your SO handling everything? He seems really excited about the baby and has been great about picking up my slack and taking care of me when I need it. Now if only I could get him to help me choose some names...!

Try not to worry. Everything will work out. 
  • Options
    27 w 1 day or 26 w 6 days

MC at 6w 11/2015

I had oral surgery over the weekend and I feel crappy, but my boss let me off work for the week since I can't drive while taking my pain meds. I have an important prenatal appointment Friday with lots of tests and blood work. I'm not too excited about it, but hopefully I'll feel like a human by then. 

He's great. 

Listen to your parents because they really are looking out for your best interest. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 28+4

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. NMC at 7w8d in Jan.

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes? Relieved to be home after my hospital visit last night. Happy the contractions have stopped and now anxious again. Can't wait to get to November.

4. How is your SO handling everything? He was at work last night and I don't think he quite realizes how scary it was. He's still a little more nonchalant about getting things finished. I'm really hoping the dressers get done this week. He's going with me to my appointment tomorrow.

You will never regret standing up for yourself. Don't be afraid to have a backbone.

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2017
    @misrekaeagle What kind of surgery did you have? That's no fun while pregnant, but glad you have time off.
    @YesOuiCan Do you have any idea what caused the spotting? Glad it stopped.
    @dragonfly87-2 I find that sometimes DS is so active one day that he wears himself out and is less active the next day. I also feel like he moves less when he's doing through a particularly big growth spurt.
    @MKMandeville Fingers crossed you don't progress until later!
    @DragonTrollMel Getting so close!!

• Options
    Thank you @NYTino24! Luckily, DD has been very good at letting me rest on the couch and brings me toys she wants to play with or books to read so the only time I have to move is for bathroom and food breaks. 
  • Options
    1. How far along are you today? 28 weeks

2. Share any part of your history you feel comfortable sharing. cp 4/2016 mmc nov 2016. 

3. How are you feeling today?  Struggles?  Successes?  Tough week again with heartburn and extreme fatigue. See the doctor today so hoping I can get some better suggestions.  Also still get super anxious before appointments which I guess is just my thing.  I was hoping it would get better since I'm past my loss milestones but nope....

4. How is your SO handling everything? mostly great.  I have been miserable to deal with lately and he has been very patient.  He was stressing me out about all these things needing to get done and how little time we have left but he has backed off that a little.

Definitely to not worry so much about things.  Things have a way of working out and I wish that was something I would have learned earlier because it's harder to change that now.  
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I had a tooth extraction after having issues with my wisdom teeth.