TTC after 35

TTCA35 Weekly check-in 8/28/17

It's been a few weeks, so here goes...by the way, anyone who wants to start the Weekly each time, please feel free. Have a great week!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: If you could go back and choose a different career, without restriction as far as pay or education required, what would it be and why?

Re: TTCA35 Weekly check-in 8/28/17

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    : IVF #3, waiting to see how many fertilized eggs make it to 5-day blastocyst

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 4DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): prenatal, vitamin D while I wait to see if we can do a FET in 6-8 weeks

Rants/Raves
    : Rave for the awesome nurses at our RE Clinic, who genuinely rise this rollercoaster with us! They are the kindest, warmest group and have been such a support.

Questions for the group:
    Does anyone know if there's an alternative to the PIO injections that usually go 10-12 weeks? My DH will be in the KC area and I'm not moving yet, so trying to plan how this could be done, should we be blessed enough to make it to that stage.

GTKY:
    If you could go back and choose a different career, without restriction as far as pay or education required, what would it be and why? Definitely a park ranger, leading hikes and doing education about the parks, I love being outdoors! 
  • edited August 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): since I'm on BC for a couple of weeks I guess benched

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): no idea, that's why I'm on the BC lol

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Friday 09/01 will be my HSG and I am also taking metformin, vit d, prenatals, &CoQ10

Rants/Raves
    : found out ANOTHER coworker is pregnant .... I just can't emotionally anymore

Questions for the group:

GTKY: If you could go back and choose a different career, without restriction as far as pay or education required, what would it be and why?
    After everything I've been through I would want to be a fertility dr to help women have babies because it is so hard but I would want to find a way to make the treatments affordable and accessible
    Me: 36 years old   DH: 42 years old
    Married: 05.2012  
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016
    HSG/FSH/AMH/E2/SA all normal DX: unexplained IF

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
    spontaneous BFP 01/02/2018  EDD Aug 30th  It's a GIRL!
    Cerclage placed on 03/02BabyFruit Ticker  Cerclage removal 08/02
  • Loading the player...

• Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

7th cycle TTCAL tww

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): PNV, maca root, fish oil. Ladies this is my final push to naturally TTC. Going to give it my all for rest of year then no more lol I'm over it. Should be getting that egg book in the mail. I'm willing to learn how to produce quality eggs and sperm In a natural way. 

Rants/Raves
    : can't find a holistic MD that takes insurance so that sucks but not willing to spend $$$ on that at this point.  The puppy is awesome and I totally spoil her like a baby

Questions for the group:

@Momifbysea - I would think you can use suppositories like crinone at least that's what I would opt for.

im creative so music is what I've always wanted to do but I use to dance as well so I'd go for that too
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Uh @Momifbysea are you moving to the KC area?!?! That's where we live!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): 9dpiui

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): I guess I'll go in for my beta on Friday if AF doesn't show it will be 13dpiui but I don't want to drive 45 mins sat for a 2 second blood drawl

Rants/Raves
    : alot 

Questions for the group:

GTKY: If you could go back and choose a different career, without restriction as far as pay or education required, what would it be and why? I would still do what I do bUT I would work for myself and have a state of the art boarding and daycare facility for dogs.
  • @labluver2 here is hoping AF stays away! my RE does the beta at 11dpiui so 13 days should be fine....
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

spontaneous BFP 01/01/2017-  Alexander was born sleeping 04/13/2017 at 19w1d  ic/chorio
    September 2017 HSG #2 & Gonal-F/Femara/Ovidrel/IUI #1 = ep (Salpingectomy of left fallopian tube)
  • I'm pretty sure I'm out had some pink on the paper this morning which means that AF is right around the corner I usually get a day or two after also am cramy bloated and have a wicked headache. 
  • I'm sorry @Labluver2.

Today has been a very rough day. Our RE called and gave me the bad news that none of the 7 made it. 2 made it to morula, and 1 made it to blast but lacked the inner cluster as he explained "the part that makes the baby." Infertility sucks! I had to hold in my tears all day at work so now that I'm home they're all coming out. I hate this! Thanks for listening.
  • @Momifbysea I'm so very sorry your right infertility does suck. It has it's highs and lows. SendING you virtual hugs. 
  • @momifbysea I'm so sorry :(  If you want to try IVF again I highly recommend that egg book I was talking about especially if you want to give it just 1 last push.  I've been learning about some things to stay away from - plastic food storage containers.
  • meanwhile today I learned my lulu lemon yoga mat has polyurethane in it which is a toxin and can lead to infertility so I'm going to order a Jade yoga mat very soon on amazon.
  • I have literally no money to even buy a book right now (I realize that sounds pathetic but true) but Ive been researching antioxidant rich foods and am going to try Maca too.
  • Well I'll keep you informed on it @momifbysea I've already read 50 pages and there is a lot of info on IVF - You can see if they have it at your local library.  I had to take Maca every day this summer because it was just exhausting having DD back home for summer break.  Now I still take it.
  • @vlagrl29 question, what form of maca do you take? I'm not a pill person so was wondering if the tincture tastes nasty?
  • I take the capsule version and don't notice any weird tastes.  They make it in powder but I'd rather take a pill.
  • Do they say anything about food that comes packaged in plastic containers, for example, yogurt? Ive been reading about the best foods that have antioxidants and also importance of going organic due to pesticides that can harm the reproductive system. Now I just have to figure out how to do this on a budget.
  • Yes they do. But in all honesty I'm not going to go BSC with it. Our chicken we buy in bulk at Costco comes in a plastic bag and I do like yogurt. I think the main thing is don't let the plastic get hot like don't heat up leftovers in a plastic container in the microwave. Also when I got pregnant with DD it's not like I paid attention to that stuff.

what I read last night had to do with fragrances. Hair and face products and cleaning solutions. If you look at the ingredients if it lists a fragrance as 1 of them it could be toxic but again then I'd have to switch out everything and buy from that honest company.

ill be reading about vitamins and supplements tonight which is why I bought the book then I think I'll have my blood checked for vitamin D and thyroid.
  • Also I learned that we are born with all the eggs we will ever have. A batch of eggs hang out in suspension for 3-4 months and that's when the damage can be done so if you follow all the advice from the book it may take 3 months before you see a change.
  • @vlagrl29 that is so interesting about it taking 3 months to see the change but I can start today. I exercised my first positive choice by NOT eating a piece of cake a coworker brought in. In my head I was like "No! Don't be tempted! Refined sugar equals egg poison!" Lol
  • @Labluver2  @Momifbysea  oh my heart breaks for both of you :( i'm so sorry 

@Momifbysea great job on not eating the cake... honestly i don't know if i would have that kind of self restraint going through everything you have 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• You are strong! I love desserts. I'm going to use glass containers. So are you moving to KC? What part? 
  • @vlagrl29 we will be in Lawrence KS but not that far away! Where are you?
  • @momifbysea Lawrence is awesome!  I go there at least twice a year to play weddings there.  It's an hour drive from our home.  I live in North KC - about 20 minutes north of downtown KC.
  • Maybe we can meet up sometime! I'm looking forward to discovering that area but obviously will stay up here until we exhaust our benefits.
  • @vlagrl29 I may have to get that book. I've Def reduced the amount of sugar I consume. I used to be a sugar addict  now I occasionally have something sweet but nothing like I used to be. What herbs would you recommend? I think my issue at this point is quality. I drink red rasberry and dandilio. Teas I've tried chastaberry. Supplements I'm on cos q10 prenatal and vitamin d. 
  • @labluver - I'll be reading about supplements tonight and let you know.  I might be crazy by now haha.
  • @vlagrl29 I've also been looking at and doing infertility yoga. I found full classes on you tube it's reg yoga but target areass like pelvis to help increase bloodflow. I'll try anything at this point.
  • **lurking, cause I still think about you ladies often and miss you***

Since y'all are on the topic of chemicals and frangrances, I thought I would mention that in January I gave up showering. I still hop in and rinse off with water (maybe once a week, but mostly just when I want to warm up....or have gotten really sweaty or dirty). I don't use soap at all. Most people who do this notice they don't need to use any moisturizer, but I still use one a few times per week. I did notice my skin peels or flakes occasionally, but I started dry brushing my body once per week and that fixed it. 

I noticed that the acne I used to get on my butt is gone, I have never smelled bad (trust me, my SO would have told me), and I love all the time I don't spend showering/getting ready for work.

there's lots of research out there about how we need our natural biome and soap just ruins it, plus I didn't like washing chemicals down the drain, not to mention putting them on my body every day. 

I, obviously, still wash my hands :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Labluver2 it can't hurt. I consider the yoga I do good enough. It can all be really overwhelming thinking about all possible toxins and I can seriously see my anxiety rise just thinking about it. For example I eat frozen carrots in the green giant brand and you cook them in the microwave and they are in plastic. I had some tonight. 

@PoeMasque hope all is well with you. Don't know if I could give up soap in a shower.
  • So far on supplements they recommend a prenatal vitamin with folate instead of folic acid and CoQ10 that has ubiquinol in it.  Apparently it can take a few months for CoQ10 to really get into your system.  As far as antioxidants if you are doing IVF you should consider taking melatonin.  Don't take it if you are not IVF because it can affect ovulation.  Instead take vitamin E, C or Alpha Lipoic Acid.
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Hello ladies, I'm new to the board. I'm waiting on my first cycle to return following a loss at (8 weeks) so that I can jump back into the TTC game. 

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): No idea. If I count C&D day as CD1 then I'm currently hanging out at CD 31. I feel like my body WANTS to just get on with AF already, I've had the bloating, moodiness, and light cramps that my DH dearly loves on a monthly basis but no action. I think my body is just so confused it doesn't know what to do. I keep seeing posts from women saying they've waited up to 3 months for AF to return, and the thought alone makes me want to throw myself off a bridge (figuratively speaking of course).

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): I'm still taking my vitamins, but nothing beyond that. My DH had fertility issues prior to our surprise BFP after 18mo of TTC. We have absolutely no idea if it was a total fluke, or if there's a chance that we could have another BFP. Trying to get his doctors to schedule his appointments within the next 6 months at times is nearly impossible, so we're usually flying blind. He had great motility, but a very-very-very low count following misdiagnosis and incorrect hormone therapy treatment for low T. 

Rants/Raves: Fall is officially here in MN, we had to pull out coats this morning. I'm not sure if I'm ready, but the local schools all start on Tuesday so I suppose it's that time of year whether or not we're ready.

Questions for the group: Does anyone else struggle with DH infertility issues? 

Without restriction of money, I would go back to college and advance in the field I'm already in (Occupational Health and Safety). I love it, but I am at the ceiling for my education level. Money is the only barrier between me and moving up at this point.
  • @ELeighMay i'm so sorry about your loss- but welcome to the board :) I suffered a loss in April (details are in my siggy) and am just now jumping back in to ttc 

update on me: went in for my HSG- not nearly as painful as last time (yay) and tubes are still clear!!! (Double yay) that means one more week of birth control and then wait for AF to start my IUI cycle 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 yay for good news. I can't remember are you doing iui or ivf?

@vlagrl29 I found a prenatal called new chapter that says it uses folate check it out let me know what you think. I seriously drive myself crazy and my husband says why don't you just take everything lol. I'm actually almost out of my prenatal so I need to buy anyway.
  • @labluver2 - oddly enough I feel really at peace and mentally stable so taking these things will not make me BSC.  I'll check that out.  A friend also recommended Garden of Life.

@harleyquinn0621 - great news about the tubes :)

As for me AF came at 4am lol - the cramps woke me up.  So for years I've always spotted at least 2 days prior to AF.  I had the tiniest bit of spotting last night and then BAM AF came.  So weird!  Pre loss I would spot at least 4 days prior to AF.  Post loss I would spot 2 days prior to AF and this month it was within the same day!
  • edited September 2017
    Labluver2 said:
    @harleyquinn0621 yay for good news. I can't remember are you doing iui or ivf?

@vlagrl29 I found a prenatal called new chapter that says it uses folate check it out let me know what you think. I seriously drive myself crazy and my husband says why don't you just take everything lol. I'm actually almost out of my prenatal so I need to buy anyway.

I'm doing IUI with gonal f

ive lost a total of 60lbs and now that we verified my tubes are still clear I'm hoping it works - just need to keep taking the BC for one more week and then hopefully AF comes shortly after I stop 

i'm still waiting for Mandells pharmacy to call me with a price quote on the meds 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 that's what I've been doing gonal F and femera. Lucky my insurance covers most of the shots if we do mail order so far we've had good luck. 
  • @Labluver2 I asked my RE about doing a femara/gonal f combo but she wants to try just gonal f- how much gonal f were you using per cycle? The perscription i have is for (3) 300 unit pens - my insurance covers the IUI procedure but not the Injectables so that part will be out of pocket 
    TW:
    TTC #1 Since April 2016

• @harleyquinn0621 I'm doing 450u I don't do the pens I get it by the vial and draw it up myself. Our shots are covered as long as we get them mailed to us.

For those of you who have done iui with injections have you had AF be heavier. These last two cycles have been the worse. I've gone thru a small box of tampons plus almost a whole small pack of pads I'm changing like every hour. My Dr said it's bc my lining is nice and thick now. 

My progestrone was still a little high so I have to go back tomorrow to get it recheck so I can start the femera. I did talk to my Dr and he said that if I know for sure I'm not moving on with iui he will do as many iuis as I wanted. He said basically at this point it's like trying on our own with a little help but our percentage of getting pregnant isn't high it's the same as if trying on our own.