April 2018 Moms
Options

Randoms- Week of 8/28

I just noticed that we didn't have one of these for the week yet. 

What's going on everyone?

Re: Randoms- Week of 8/28

• Options
    Today has me all:

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    petethecatpetethecat member
    edited August 2017
    @ngolimento :( Care to elaborate?

@allowachick That's awesome! What kind did you get?
  • Options
    @allowachick That's great that you were able to pay cash. No car payment FTW! Great choice too. Plenty of space for your fam!
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 yup the space was definitely what we were thinking. Should work out nicely
  • Options
    @allowachick Great news! Also, Subaru's are great cars :) We have a 2010 Forester and love it <3
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    hedgepig said:
    @allowachick Great news! Also, Subaru's are great cars :) We have a 2010 Forester and love it <3
    Car advertising doesn't usually get me, but those Subaru commercials sure do!  I had never thought of considering one before, but have been lately.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I actually think that name is adorable! But yea what timing! 
  • Options
    I am at the point where I had my miscarriage last time, at 5 w 3 d.  It has me stressing out even though, so far, everything has looked good.
  • Options
    @sparklingdiamond I had two before, 5w5d and 7w3d and I'm at 7w2d and I'm trying to stay calm. All of my labs looked good but I am impatient for my u/s. It's not until the 14th!
  • Options
    hlr8347 said:
    @sparklingdiamond I had two before, 5w5d and 7w3d and I'm at 7w2d and I'm trying to stay calm. All of my labs looked good but I am impatient for my u/s. It's not until the 14th!
    Mine wasn't going to be until the 11th, but fortunately the RE wanted to do one, so I go in next Tuesday.  Still seems far away!  But we can get through this right? :-)
  • Options
    My OB informed me at my appointment on Monday that flu season was coming up and that I needed to get the shot here in the next few weeks.  Ugh!!! I never get flu shots, but I know I have to now.  The last thing I want to do is get a shot that makes me feel worse than I already do.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @allowachick Hooray for new car!

Married: 11/2011
    DS-9/2012
    DD-7/2015
    Sweet Angel Boy born too soon 12/17/17
    EDD-4/2019

• Options
    @saralee797-2 Yeah it's a super adorable name and pretty uncommon too!  Just terrible timing. That's one of my baby naming fears - you pick a great name but then whoops, here comes a hurricane or a serial killer or a Disney princess with the same name!  (Okay maybe Disney princess is slightly less bad, lol.)
  • Options
    I don't know @maureenmce Disney Princess might get reallll annoying lol 
  • Options
    @saralee797-2 For real, I bet the parents who named babies Elsa right before Frozen came out were PISSED.  Lol.
  • Options
    Or walk around singing Let It Goooooo Let It Gooooo to get rid of their anger lol @maureenmce

• Options
    @maureenmce My friends sister just named her son Harvey and its actually always been one of my favorite names! 
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616  It's a super cute name!  It has such a great throwback vibe, but still feels modern somehow.  I'm sure after a year or so no one will remember the association anyway.  (Weirdly, I feel like people will associate Elsa with Frozen for like 10+ years though!) 
  • Options
    @maureenmce My H said no to the name even before the hurricane because he works with someone names Harvey. lol Basically we have to pick a name he doesn't know anyone with but it can't be "unique" ::eye roll::
  • Options
    Very random yet cutely fitting...

• Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    @maureenmce My H said no to the name even before the hurricane because he works with someone names Harvey. lol Basically we have to pick a name he doesn't know anyone with but it can't be "unique" ::eye roll::
    My husband is like this and it's annoying. I wanted Noah for our DS, but he said no because his friend has a kid named that (that we never see....).  I said I liked the name Emma for a girl.  No, he once worked with someone with that name.  Not Zoe, that's his friend's dogs name.  Etc, etc.  Quit putting all my names down because you know someone with that name!
  • Options
    I don't know @maureenmce Disney Princess might get reallll annoying lol 
    Characters in general. I had a huge Kim Possible problem once that show came out. I think it's particularly bad when there's a theme song. 
  • Options
    Did anyone else other then @fishsticks-n-custard see the poster on the May BMB who introduced herself and said she hasn't tested yet but she feels all the symptoms so that's how she knows she is pregnant? LMAO. Needless to say she hasn't commented since. 
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    Did anyone else other then @fishsticks-n-custard see the poster on the May BMB who introduced herself and said she hasn't tested yet but she feels all the symptoms so that's how she knows she is pregnant? LMAO. Needless to say she hasn't commented since. 
    .....  That's all I have to say about that.
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    Yes! I need closure on that! Like, where did she go? Did she test? The world needs to know! :joy:

Also, I'd really like to just casually drop this on a certain thread in a certain BMB...

• Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    Yes! I need closure on that! Like, where did she go? Did she test? The world needs to know! :joy:

Also, I'd really like to just casually drop this on a certain thread in a certain BMB...

Ok so stupid question... is this supposed to give a depiction of how your bump grows? I don't really know what a fundus is lol
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2017
    JJMNO1616 said:
    JJMNO1616 said:

Ok so stupid question... is this supposed to give a depiction of how your bump grows? I don't really know what a fundus is lol
    Yep!  The fundus is the very top of your uterus, so this chart shows where the top of your uterus is week by week.

Technically fundus means the top of any organ the farthest away from it's opening, but people only really use it for the ute.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    JJMNO1616 said:

Yep!  The fundus is the very top of your uterus, so this chart shows where the top of your uterus is week by week.

Technically fundus means the top of any organ the farthest away from it's opening, but people only really use it for the ute.
    That's what I figured but just wanted to make sure! I mean, my food babe is a good 20 weeks already sooo. 
  • Options
    petethecatpetethecat member
    edited August 2017
    @JJMNO1616 The fundus is the top of your uterus. As you get farther along, your OB will measure it with a tape measure (from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus) and tell you if you are measuring ahead/behind/on track by weeks pregnant. The visual aid just shows that the uterus is basically tucked behind the pubic bone until around 13 weeks.

I feel like this part of science gets lost on some ladies who are just totes excited to be pregs sometimes. :wink: Poop/bloat is poop/bloat people. 

ETA posted before I saw @ngolimento with the assist.
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:
    I remember something similar, thought it was here in April though... She felt like she was pg, started a thread basically asking if she was... 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sorry @kbamomma33, I see a science topic and I fall all over myself.  Didn't mean to essentially talk over you!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JJMNO1616 The fundus is the top of your uterus. As you get farther along, your OB will measure it with a tape measure (from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus) and tell you if you are measuring ahead/behind/on track by weeks pregnant. The visual aid just shows that the uterus is basically tucked behind the pubic bone until around 13 weeks.

I feel like this part of science gets lost on some ladies who are just totes excited to be pregs sometimes. :wink: Poop/bloat is poop/bloat people. 

It's so weird, but my OB never measured that with a tape measure or anything!
  • Options
    @ngolimento It's ok girl. The more science talk the better! 
  • Options
    ngolimentongolimento member
    edited August 2017

It's so weird, but my OB never measured that with a tape measure or anything!
    Did they ever press down on your bump along the top?  Some people are better guestimators than others.  Mine would just poke around to find the top of my ute until I got to 37 weeks.  Then she started to measure.  I think I was making her nervous with my giant baby.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    JJMNO1616 said:

Oh man I need closure on that too. I really thought I had read it wrong at first.

Also, YES, to that picture. I have a fibroid so my uterus is enlarged to 12 weeks - ish at baseline which means I can start to feel my fundus above the pubic symphysis now. And my bloat is very much something independent of that. All I can think is that it must be women who have never been pregnant or never felt a uterine fundus before. Because if you have, there's no way to mistake those two things. 

Me: 35, Hubbie: 33
    Married DH: 2013
    DD: Dec 2015
    BFP 8/14/17 --> Due 4/27/2018

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    g_amoss said:
    JJMNO1616 said:
    I remember something similar, thought it was here in April though... She felt like she was pg, started a thread basically asking if she was... 
    oh yeh that happened here too but this person on May just introduced herself in the intro thread as if she already knew for sure she was tots KU but then admitted she never took a test. I mean, ive heard women say they just "knew" and felt different but you may want to at least confirm with a test before you start announcing it lol
  • Options
    @ngolimento Yea I think maybe he did press on it, so that must have been how he measured.