Infertility

Saliva ovulation test

Has anyone tried this, and if so, do any of your REs recommend it as a reliable test? I'm using it and I love it, it works great and totally beats POAS!!! I forgot to ask my RE and just wanted to get some opinions. If it's not recommended, I'll go back to POAS :( 

Re: Saliva ovulation test

• I have never heard of such a thing! Def sounds better than POAS... looks like i'm going to see what Dr. Google has to say about them lol...
    *tw*
    Me: 33 / DH: 30
    Married: 10/19/13
    NTNP since 2010 / TTC since 2013
    DX: Unexplained
    June 2014 – Aug 2014 (3 cycles): Medicated cycles >> Letrozole + Trigger = BFN
    Sept 2014: IUI #1 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Dec 2014: IUI #2 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFN 
    Sept 2016: Consult with RE, DH consult with Urologist
    Nov 2016: D&C to remove polyps >> RE required 6 month break
    May 2017: IUI #3 >> Letrozole + Follistim + Trigger = BFP >> MC/CP
    Aug 2017: IUI #4 >> Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Oct 2019: IVF Consult

• It's fascinating and it really works!! But for the sake of being compliant with Dr's orders, I think I'll still POAS, just won't start until I get confirmation that I'm about to ovulate from the saliva test. At the very least it will save a ton of money on sticks!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Ive done both saliva ferning and cf ferning. I like to use it along with opk's. OPK's give you an idea of when you are starting to surge. Saliva and cf will confirm peak fertility.
  • Man this would be awesome to use if they work!! This may be a silly question, I'm a newbie to IVF and am about to start my first round - do drs generally have you do OPKs throughout IVF to monitor ovulation as you stim? 
    Me & DH: 28  |  TTC since May 2016  |  DH: Morphology 0%  |  2 IUI's with Clomid - BFN  |  IVF ICSI Sept. 2017
  • @loverin No... usually you don't need to as you will be having bw and ultrasounds throughout stimming and you will be triggering ovulation with a hormone shot instead of ovulating naturally. But often you have to monitor your ovulation the month before you begin your stim cycle
  • @dragonette505 that's what I thought but just wanted to be sure I didn't need to order any. I've been on bcp leading up to so I'm guessing that's why they didn't have me do that! 
    Me & DH: 28  |  TTC since May 2016  |  DH: Morphology 0%  |  2 IUI's with Clomid - BFN  |  IVF ICSI Sept. 2017
  • dragonette505dragonette505 member
    edited August 2017
    @loverin yep! I did a natural cycle (then estrogen priming) into my cycle, but on BCP they have you timed perfectly!!