Trouble TTC

Newbie Intro-insight welcomed

Hi All- 

My DH and I have TTC for three years now. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2015. Am on the highest dose of metformin. I also take medication for my thyroid (just a tad sluggish but nothing concerning). Been taking a prenatal as well. I am not your average person with PCOS in that I get my period like clockwork every month. I recently have been seeing a acupuncturist. I'm on herbs to hopefully help things along. Also have a tilted uterus. 

Last SA DH had wasn't all that bad, however, not what we expected either. He had just a couple low numbers. Volume and concentration. Average concentration is 15ml and he had 10.6ml. Average volume was 1.5 and he was at 1. I assume they go hand in hand. Other thing he came back low on was the shape of the sperm. Average is 15 and he was at an 8. That's the one I am really concerned avout. We were told by the doctor to start him on fertile aid which he has been taking for two months as instructed. He just had his repeat SA today so we are anxiously waiting for the results. 

I recently went into the doctor for a physical and she said she would be willing to give me clomid. I don't know if we should even try it. Will it be a waste of time. 

Why am I telling you all this? Because I am in need hope. We have been struggling for so long and I just want to know if there are any others out there in someone what is the same situation. 

Thanks in advance for reading. 

Re: Newbie Intro-insight welcomed

• Welcome to the board I hope your stay is short and sweet. Have you seen a RE yet? I might see one before starting Clomid through your primary care physician. Clomid can be awesome but I think being monitored while on it is the best course of action. Good luck! 

Me 36 DH 34 - Married May 2010
    DX: PCOS/Unexplained Infertility/MTHFR Mutation
    TTC since December 2014
    Fresh Transfer: Gonal, Menopur, Cetrotide. ~ Chemical Pregnancy :(  
    FET #1: 1st Beta- 3,792~ 2nd Beta- 4,227~ BFP ~ Miscarriage at 8 weeks :( 
    FET #2: 1st Beta 207~2nd Beta 235~ BFP~ Miscarriage at 6 weeks :(
    FET #3: 1st Beta 18~ 2nd Beta 44~BFP~ Miscarriage 5 weeks :(
    FET #4: 1st Beta 50~ 2nd Beta 97.7~ Miscarriage 6 weeks 5 days :(
    FET#5: 1st Beta 29~ 2nd Beta 109~ 3rd Beta 227~ 4th Beta 661~ Miscarriage 5 weeks 3 days 
    Miracle Natural BFP Estimated Due Date June 2019~ God is good 
    2 snow babies 

• Welcome to the board. I don't have any insight, however as Worldtravler mentioned... an RE is very helpful in determining next steps based on all of your results. Hope that your stay here is short :)