January 2018 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling? Cravings/Aversions?

3) Have you felt baby move yet?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery?

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 8/30

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks, Size of a Barbie doll

2) How are you feeling? Cravings/Aversions? Feeling ok. Still getting the random nausea which is annoying and comes out of nowhere. Also getting random cramps in my legs. Didn't have this with DS.

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Yep, she moves all the time.

4) Any appointments this week/last? Just some routine thyroid blood work this week. The last 2 times I've gone, I haven't felt the stick at all. So bizarre.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? The amount of purchases I have made for the nursery and DS's big boy room in the month of August are insane. It didn't dawn on me until today. I went online to PBK to order a guard rail for DS's new bed and realized that many items I'm planning to buy at a later date for DD are now showing as 'not available'. I called customer service for store inventory and ordered them. Someone stop me!

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery? Yes! Currently working toward light pink, white and gold color scheme with some random bunnies here and there. Also, gold polka dots. Painting the room 'Gentle Butterfly' sometime in September while the energy is still here. We start on DS's new room this weekend. I want their rooms to be basically done by Thanksgiving so I can kick back and also shop for any fun decor still needed over Black Friday when my Gram is here visiting.

• Options

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks, Size of a guinea pig!

2) How are you feeling? Cravings/Aversions? I'm feeling pretty good overall but would like more sleep. OUt of breath randomly but can still run 8+ miles at a time. Hilariously, breathing is worse when walking? No serious cravings yet, but I've had a huge aversion to pancakes the entire pregnancy. The thought makes me sick to my stomach. In general, I want sweets WAY less than normal. 

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Yes. However, due to my anterior placenta, I am not feeling him as much as I expected (yet). 

4) Any appointments this week/last? Nope. Boring visit next week, but I'm still excited. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I just am not into work lately. It's my biggest complaint. However, my brother is coming into town this weekend and bringing his girlfriend to meet the family. I'm excited to meet her and SO glad it is a three day weekend!

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery? Not a theme exactly but a color scheme and emphasis on animals! 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mauera07mauera07 member
    edited August 2017

20 weeks today! I need to updated my ticker haha

I'm feeling sooooo much better! I'm eating consistently again, it's great. 

ETA: I have been craving milkshakes. I've never been much of a milkshake person but they are pretty much all I want right now. 

Yes! It's so reassuring. I also have an anterior placenta, so it's not as much as I want. 

I had my anatomy scan on Friday. It went mostly well. Baby's brain and heart looked good according to the doctor. However the head circumference is less than 3rd percentile right now.  The doctor doesn't seem very concerned, but of course I am. They are having me come back in 4 weeks to remeasure, they seem to think my due date is just wrong and there isn't actually a problem (which I hope is true).

A local baby store suddenly closed recently and they had an auction over the weekend. We bought a crib that came with a mattress and sheet set for a ridiculously good price. We get to pick it up today and I cannot wait!

This is the crib we got and the bedding. I am starting the nursery design off of these. Originally I wanted zero pink, but I'm surprised to find that I'm not completely hating it now! But we painted the walls gray and have white trim so far. So much more work to do. 

sorry the pictures are so big, I have no idea how to resize them. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

20 weeks! Half-way mark! WooWhooo! Baby is the size of a red Swingline stapler hahaRelated image

Feeling good, occasional heartburn, gagging was gone a few days and then came back with a vengeance this morning (almost puked brushing my teeth so i didn't even bother flossing) so let's hope the morning sickness isn't coming back! Oh, and my anxiety problems are back again. I was really hoping i could continue with low/non-existent anxiety for the entire pregnancy b/c first trimester it was so great to be anxiety-free, but i guess it's not meant to be :( Aaaand, loving all the food recently. Been eating a ton (e.g. ice cream, pancakes, chips, burritos, pizza, dessert drinks/shakes), it's getting out of hand and i need to reel myself back in. I've gained like 4 lbs in the last 2 weeks, no joke!

Feeling flutters and hiccups :) 

Next week I'm seeing an Allergist on the recommendation of my OBGYN. I had a possible allergic reaction to the flu shot a few years ago and have been avoiding it ever since (which is really hard working in the medical field). Now i have to go to see an Allergist to determine whether i'm actually allergic to it and should not get it while pregnant for this upcoming flu season. I work with kids, so my OB is pretty concerned about this. I'm thinking the reaction i had was more due to an autoimmune thing than anything else, but we'll see...

Work is stressing me out, it's giving me bad anxiety, and i'm concerned about how that's affecting the baby. I woke up last night drenched in sweat and couldn't fall back asleep b/c i was excessively worrying about something that happened at work the day before. My concern for how it's affecting the baby is only making it worse. Need to calm down and de-stress. Ugh!

Well, we were supposed to be cleaning out the garage this weekend so we could start moving stuff from the 2nd bedroom into the garage so we could start creating a nursery. Of course, this was all supposed to happen last weekend but DH wanted to wait till Labor Day weekend b/c "we'll have a 3-day weekend then" which sounds great in theory but we're having a heat wave with 100+ temps right now and being outside in the garage is going to suck! So now he's trying to delay it again, which is stressing me out. I just want things moved and put away and re-organized so i can start to visualize this little person's future room! Anyways, what i'm thinking about is dark wood crib to match the antique dark furniture we're stealing from my parent's house, matched with aqua marine or light blue, gray, and white accent colors. I'm going to make either a yarn ball mobile or a ribbon mobile that looks basically like the picture below but maybe two tiered. I already bought the framed picture below, it was really cheap on Pottery Barn Kids and i love horses :) 

Image result for yarn ball mobile blueImage result for ribbon mobile

Wild Horses Watercolor Framed Print

• Options

21 weeks- endive? Can't say I'm familiar with that 

Feeling good overall but lower back pain in the evenings and carrying around a toddler doesn't help with that 

Yup 

Had an appt Friday due to some spotting most likely from a yeast infection (fun times) and baby looked good. Freaked me out though

None for now 

Woodland theme. Since is this boy #2 and the oldest is 14mos we're keeping the nursery the same and will be converting our guest bedroom into a toddler room. Need to get started on that soon...