January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 8/28

Happy Monday ladies! This is where we post weekly updates if you're due on a Monday. Woot!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Have you felt baby move yet?

4) Any appointments this week/last?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 8/28

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?
    19 weeks today, baby's the size of a mango or an heirloom tomato.

2) How are you feeling?
    Not pregnancy related, but I'm still wrestling with that horrible blocked saliva gland. So much tooth pain! Emotionally my subconscious is tormenting me with dreams that hubby doesn't love me anymore. He's being extra affectionate to make up for it, but I think it'll help when we're out of sex jail. This is definitely the longest I've gone since we moved in together 4 years ago.

Here and there, still not consistently or often, although I'm looking forward to it. I have heard the heartbeat on doppler pretty frequently though (I had to go into the doctor's office Friday for the salivary gland, so I got a surprise listen!)

Our 20 week appointment is Friday, even though we'll only be 19+4. Then there is the AS coming up on 9/8 to look forward to. 

Hubby does not understand why I want to look pregnant. He thinks I look thinner than before we got pregnant (which makes sense, I lost a lot in the first trimester, and everything I've gained back is baby-related, so overall, I am thinner) but he doesn't understand that when you can't button any of your pants or lie on your tummy or bend over properly to shave your legs you feel FAT. So I keep asking him if I look pregnant, meaning, tell me I don't look fat, and he just keeps telling me I'm not showing that much yet. I want to beat him with a shoe sometimes. xD 

I still want to do dinosaurs. I'm not a pinteresty person, so I don't have tons of photos, but there's a T-rex lamp I love at Target, plus my very crafty aunt is going to knit us this blanket (in different colors, I'm thinking primarily green and yellow). I also want to make a felt dinosaur mobile for above the crib. I saw one on Etsy, but I'm thinking I could make one just as nice for half the cost.

• Love the nursery stuff ladies!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

21 weeks! Baby boy is the size of an endive or baseball cap. 

2) How are you feeling?

More or less back to normal. I'm more sensitive emotionally though. Been craving alllll the sweets. 

Yes! Getting more regular week by week. I haven't felt him from the outside yet, but I feel him daily now. 

Both. Switching providers is keeping me busy! I had my MFM consult last week and I have my 21 week on Thursday with the midwife. 

Rave: Sleeping in a sports bra is the best. Don't know why I didn't do it regularly before now!

Rant: The crew who was supposed to build our house fell through, which means we need to find a new crew or DH has to do it himself. I'm doomed to having a newborn in a camper and I hate it. So. Much. 

I don't know and I don't think I even care anymore. The house situation has taken all the fun out of it and it makes me mad because I waited 6 years for this and now I don't get to do a nursery. At least not before he's here, but it's just not the same.  :(

I was going to go with an adventure theme though. Adventure book/movie quotes on the walls, stuff like that. We'll see. At this point, I've sort of lost interest. (Which in turn makes me sad). And I know babies don't use their nurseries so it's "no big deal"...but it's more for me and about me getting to accomplish something I waited so long for than anything else. Just feeling a little cheated right now. 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks - baby girl is the size of a baseball cap!?

2) How are you feeling? Feeling really good....except today was my first day back at work and of course on the drive in, I started gagging/dry heaving. Lovely. Heartburn is starting to make an appearance at night now too. 

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Yes! Can't wait for DH and DD to be able to feel her too!

4) Any appointments this week/last? We had our fetal echo last week. I posted about it in the appointments thread, but we got ok news. Nothing that needs to be addressed now, but there is a possibility that LO has a hole in her heart. Trying to stay positive. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Where are you finding good maternity pants for work? Last time I gave birth in November so I was able to get away with dresses for the most part. This time I'm going to need to do pants sometimes...

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery? Not really a theme, but we're doing light pink and gold and hearts. I am in love with DD's room so making another room I love just as much is going to be a challenge. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Where are you finding good maternity pants for work? Last time I gave birth in November so I was able to get away with dresses for the most part. This time I'm going to need to do pants sometimes...

I'm planning on wearing skirts over leggings mostly.

19 weeks, a mango!

2) How are you feeling?

I'm feeling really good lately, other than a little more tired and some constipation I almost feel like my pre- pregnancy self.  

I think so? I feel little movements when I lay down and try to feel.  But nothing too noticeable yet.

Nope. I'm on vacation in Newport RI this week. I have a second A/S in a few weeks (yes I get 2, I guess because I'm old!)

Being on vacation and not drinking is kind of a bummer.  At home I don't miss it at all but a corona on the beach or cocktail just seems like part of vacation!! 

I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment so baby gets to share my room. I would like to decorate one wall though and get some new pictures. I think it will be some sort of animal theme. Maybe elephants or dogs? 

• @crizz13 I was a November due date last time too. I'm just sticking to my maternity pants from last time. Well... technically they are from last time but they were either bought to wear right after coming home so they aren't stretch out as much, or they are the under belly kind and I really hated those. I'm currently wearing some Lularoe leggings. But I need to invest in some good jeans, but they're never available in my big girl size. I also really loved wearing maternity tights under dresses last time. So I'm going to pick up a few this time too.

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks, a Chipotle burrito

2) How are you feeling?  So great! 2nd trimester energy coupled with a boost from having all restrictions lifted.

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Yup!

4) Any appointments this week/last? Had my midwife appointment last week, went really well.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I’m drinking so many pregnancy drinks (green smoothies, pregnancy tea, apple cider vinegar tonics, and water) + tiny pregnancy bladder means I’m peeing all the dang time!  Rave: I’m just so thrilled to be able to workout and have sex again

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery?  It’s a gender neutral Peter Rabbit/Garden theme; the same theme I had for DS1/2

@supercoolstephy love the cloud decals, your whole nursery inspiration is darling!

@jaclyn0405 hope your A/S and fetal echo went well this morning

@ryannenikole I’m so sorry your nursery dreams aren’t panning out the way you hoped and the crew fell through for your house; that’s unbelievably frustrating, and I’d be disappointed too!

DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!

21 weeks - a banana!

2) How are you feeling?

I feel great for the most part...I get tired and short of breathe a little easier these days, but other than that no complaints! 

Yes but not consistently yet!

Yes, monthly checkup tomorrow afternoon! 

We bought a fixer upper about a year ago and have been slowly fixing it up - we finally got to a place where we could see the end in site to the major renovations and then our basement flooded really bad last weekend. So now the final projects and nursery are being put on hold until that's taken care of. It stinks but I guess it could be worse!

Work is also becoming increasingly harder because we have vacation coming up and I put in my last day of work for December 22 (even though it's far away), all I can think about is baby and baby stuff! 

Last one I promise - I find that I am overly in love with my DH lately lol like I just can't get enough of him and I hate being away from him! Even before pregnancy I felt like that but lately it's just gotten ridiculous! 

I don't really have a theme in mind but I'd like it to be a little boho - something simple with lots of texture. I just want it to be a relaxing space that's light and airy and beautiful.

@crizz13 I bought a couple of pairs of maternity jeans and leggings from Macy's in the Motherhood section - they're SO comfortable. They also have work pants with the same band that goes up over your belly!

20 weeks, banana Yaya for being half way!!!

2) How are you feeling?

ATM super sore. We have been on vacation for a week now and I've been going going going. Today I got 13000 steps and I'm feeling them all. But 100% worth it

yes just waiting till it's strong enough for DH to feel

nope

Rave: DD has been such a good little lady this week on Vacation. I feel a little guilty dragging her all over Vancouver and Alaska but she is handling traveling like a pro.

Rant: travel with a toddler is not for the faint of heart. 

since it's a little girl we will be doing a butterfly and flower themed room. I found these awesome 3D butterflies for the wall and I'll do big paper flowers.

On a side note I'm so glad I don't have to fight with DH about a theme anymore since it's a girl. He REALLY wanted superman for a boy and I just think it's not for babies. Little boys yes, baby boys not so much.

22 weeks, coconut 

2) How are you feeling?

tired after going back to wotk

yes, his kicks are getting stronger.

yes, on Monday. We could hear the baby moving around.

I have a sharp shooting pain through my boob... Dr said it's normal. Anyone else have it too?

haven't picked one yet.... still need to clean the 3rd room out.

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 20 weeks - baby is the size of a banana!

2) How are you feeling? Great except for some aches and pains after work. 

3) Have you felt baby move yet? Oh yes! Baby is very active and strong, and several people have already felt him moving around!

4) Any appointments this week/last? I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow! From there I will be scheduled for the anatomy scan!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: After this week, they will officially be transferring me to working indoors! I will miss my built-in exercise at work, but am definitely looking forward to not working in 90-degree heat all day long, and not having aches after walking about 20,000+ steps per shift. Finally time to take it a little easier!

6) GTKY: Will you have a theme for your nursery? Yes - we are doing a vintage travel theme!

This is the crib we bought:

We bought this wallpaper to do an accent wall behind the crib:

And this this the dresser we bought and will be using as a changing station!

• @supercoolstephy  ikea has both house and cloud wall lamps!  DRÖMHEM and DRÖMSYN.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker