December 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change - 8/26

Happy Saturday! I'll start this since I don't see one yet.

1) How far along are you
? How big is baby? 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are your baby preparations going? (Nursery/ Registry/ Etc.)

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? 

Re: Saturday Ticker Change - 8/26

• Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 
    25 weeks! "Napa Cabbage"?!
    The Ovia app says my uterus is as big as a soccer ball, which seems huge!

Still struggling with nausea. And now acid reflux. I had a couple good days and then was in bed all day Thursday. :-(

Nope.

Registry is done. Nursery is in progress. 

i bought a pattern for sewing sleep sacks & am excited to make some!

Quilting. I work in that industry and am somewhat well known, but not world famous.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    25 weeks! Baby is the size of a head of cauliflower
    I have finally stopped vomiting, so that's a win! I have started getting heartburn after certain foods and I'm extremely exhausted all the time. 
    Nope. No appointment until next week. 
    We are just at the beginning stages of adding another bedroom to our home.  Once that's finished we will get my son moved over and then start the nursery. It should be done late November. I'm due early December...so that'll be fun. 
    Rant: my 1 year old has been going through a sleep regression, and it's killing me! Putting him down for naps has turned in to 45 minute scream fests, and then he only sleeps for like an hour. He has also been sleeping horribly at night. And I'm exhausted
    hmm...I'm pretty average, so I'm not sure haha
  • Options
    @boothbaby4 good luck with your project! We're in the middle of one right now too and it's a big cause of anxiety for me sometimes.

@Amber_Waves
    Sorry to hear about the nausea. Hope things get better! 

@Piccola1988
    Registries are hard! Kudos on getting yours done

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    26 weeks/kale or a pair of work gloves

I'm having a little more heartburn. Oddly enough it seems to happen most (but not super badly) when I haven't eaten lately, although last night some ice cream really set me off and I had to take a couple of Tums. I've also been really sleepy lately but that's not really new.

I've found myself being really interested in sugary foods but I don't think that's a legitimate pregnancy craving. I've been attempting to cut back on those to help the weight gain situation.

Noting until GD screening in about 2 weeks

What baby preparations? We just started our registry on Friday but we have a long way to go. Our future nursery is still filled with kitchen stuff and will be for the next few weeks until cabinets go in. On the other hand, my MIL has been garage saleing up a storm, so baby will have some stuff! 

We have drywall! And it's basically painted (except for an accent wall for which I haven't picked the color)! And this week we're putting in floors! And next week is cabinets! And then we can get all the kitchen crap out of the nursery and actually start working on that! I feel like we're actually making progress! 

Difficult to say. DIY stuff? I almost feel like it'd be more likely that I'd become infamous as the result of some dreadful accident than famous for anything.
  • Options
    @Piccola1988 I'm the same way about my husband being gone while pregnant. I need to have him close by at all times - I'm so clingy!  When I'm not pregnant, I'm totally fine with him being gone. It's a weird change. 
    @Amber_Waves That sounds so cool, making your own sleep sacks. Can you post pics when you're done?  I'm way too lazy for that, but ill
    live vicariously through you :)
    @boothbaby4 Sorry your son isn't sleeping. That's the last thing you need right now!  I hope he gets with the program asap.
    @rebeckyjoy Youre in the home stretch!  Omg it's going to feel so good to be done with this kitchen remodel and get your life back in order. I go crazy when things are out of whack. This should be funny with my upcoming remodel/move/delivering TWINS. Jesus. 

Happy Sunday!!

22+1, babies are the size of ears of corn or coconuts :)

Feeling huge. Like, everywhere. I know I'm supposed to gain between 40-60 lbs with twins, but seeing it happening is going against everything my brain has been trained to think and feel.  It's fine, I'll do anything for these girls, it's just weird. And I'm craving everything. Just give me everything. 

I've got another 90 minute anatomy scan type Appt on Wednesday. This will be our 3rd lol.  They want more detailed heart pics from baby a, who wasn't very cooperative the last couple times. They're also monitoring fluid levels, etc. 

Registry is basically done. I just have to go over it one more time. I'd like to have everything I need and want so that whatever I don't get, I can just easily buy without thinking about it. Omg, I've registered for about 20 giant Aden and Anias swaddle blankets. I have a serious problem. They're just so freaking cute, I can't choose just one!  Nursery won't be getting done until October, since we are remodeling our new house and moving in Sept 29th. I know exactly what we're doing, what furniture to buy and from where, so it will be easy to execute when the time comes. I can't wait for that!

My husband and I went to visit our friends who just had twins 3 months ago, and hahahaha, I'm sorry to say, my husband got quite the wake up call on how hard this is going to be. When we left, he told me he almost had a panic attack. I'm like, "duh babe. This is going to be the hardest thing we've EVER done. Why do you think I was so terrified when they told us we were having twins?!"  I don't think he was fully grasping what's about to go down. He's fine, but I definitely encouraged him to have a guys night out last night to blow off some steam. Poor husband ;) 

Hosting dinner parties and parties in general. I'm really good at food, decor, and making sure my guests are having a great time and have everything they need. I love to entertain!
  • Options
    1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 23wks Chinchilla, I'm loving the critter comparisons more than fruit, because it just makes sense. 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? I am feeling good! Energy comes and goes, but we're good :) Lighting crotch is real though. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? No. I think middle of September is the next go. 

10-ish percent. Nursery is still the toy room for DD, we have a lot of gear for him from DD, and we've started a diaper subscription on Amazon. 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? We ordered the Mayweather/McGregor fight, I stayed up the whole time, and I'm still tired. Side note - I have a little crushy crush on that Irish man, mewow. 

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? Being awesome, obviously. Haha I don't know. Half-assing craft projects?! Like @breezybee I also like to throw a party, but usually my vision is way bigger than execution, however most people have a good time :) 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options

23+2, @kirss I like the animal comparisons too and I've also got chinchillas!

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings?

Feeling okay... still have a lingering cough but it's MUCH better than it was. Also having some pretty nasty back pain when I sit in chairs that my body deems unacceptable and once the back pain starts it doesn't really go away until I lie down. And then when I lie down, half the time my hips start to hurt, so I just can't win! I did feel well enough to go on a short hike yesterday, so that was nice.

Nope, none until a checkup with my OB next week.

We're slowly making our way through the registry, so far we've just done it on Amazon. My husband moved the guest bed out of the room that is becoming the nursery and we have most of the nursery furniture, but it all needs to be sanded and painted and the dresser top needs to be refinished, plus the room needs to be painted and decorated, so there's still a lot of work to do.

Rave: DH felt one of the babies (our girl I think) kick for the first time this weekend so that was awesome!

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be?

Hmm... I've had some interesting/unique experiences and challenges in my life: I lived in Japan for a year, I have my black belt in Judo, I have an autoimmune disease, I have a stepdaughter with autism and a great relationship with her mom, and I'm about to have twins... so I think I might have a unique enough story and perspective to write a book about my life. So maybe I could be famous for that someday!

• Options
    @Piccola1988 That sucks that your H has to travel close to the due date. I think we start getting weekly checkups at 36 weeks and from what I've heard they can predict (to a degree!) when baby will come. Hopefully he will be able to change his plans if it looks like baby will come sooner than later!
    @Amber_Waves Sorry you're not feeling well, I hope it gets better!
    @boothbaby4 good luck with the project! FX it's all done before baby gets here. 
    @rebeckyjoy Sounds like you're making great progress with baby prep!
    @breezybee I love hosting dinner parties too, but I don't think I would get any awards for them lol. Also I haven't had a single one since getting pregnant. So lame- I'm gonna try to have one next month while I still have some energy left! 
    @Kirss My energy is very in and out too. I can be in the middle of an energy fueled activity and suddenly just be completely over it haha. 

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 25w (+2d)

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Overall pretty good. Getting tired easily and this belly is getting uncomfortable. Not many cravings but loving peaches and tomatoes right now. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? No, but I found out that I passed my 1 hour glucose test- yay! Also found out that I am borderline anemic. I guess it explains the decreased energy and general lack of appetite. I've started taking some "gentle iron" supplements and eating prunes (to counteract the added constipation from iron supplements, which I really don't need on top of what I have already lol) 

A couple of months ago we were planning on selling our 1 BR and moving to a bigger place, but we decided to stay put for at least a year because we love our neighborhood. We are going to put some work into it to fit a baby and all his stuff! I finally started chipping away at my huge to do list this past weekend- We were able to rent a coveted storage space in our building and started doing alot of de-cluttering in our apartment. Also went to home depot to order a new countertop and sink for the kitchen. Still have a lot left to do! 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? The amount of stuff that a little baby needs is overwhelming! I decided against a baby shower for various reasons and I don't regret it- but my god, it just feels unnatural to buy so much stuff in such a short period of time! I'm also the type that researches everything to death so that's not helping things move along. 

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? I don't think I'd ever be world famous for anything. My pet bunny is kinda world famous on instagram though- in the bunny world anyway :D  
  • Options
    Hi everyone!

1) How far along are you
    ? How big is baby? 
    25 weeks- size of a head of cauliflour

I'm feeling ok.  Still having some hip/pelvic pain, but it's a bit better than the last few weeks, so I have gotten up and out for a few nice slow walks in the gorgeous 70's/80's weather we've had in Baltimore lately.

Not really, just still hungry and thirsty all the time!  I am so grateful to have my appetite back since after 1st trimester. 

Nope, next week after labor day I have a midwife appointment (still monthly for now), and will get the order for the glucose test probably that same week as well.

We're in no rush, as we're Jewish and are choosing not to do a baby shower.  My folks are getting us some lovely furniture, that we have ordered, but still need to plan for when we want the delivery.  We just scored a free Halo bassinet from a neighborhood list serve that a friend found for us. 

We will have a registry that will be ready to go to publish for after the birth, and plan to do a baby naming ceremony (whether we have a boy or a girl), in the week or 2 weeks after the birth as long as we're all up for it.  We are doing some work with our Rabbi to plan for the kind of ceremony that we want. 

We did order a nice sized chest freezer with our collective house yesterday, to set up to have more space to do food prep, cook ahead, etc.  I'm excited about that!  It gets delivered Friday.

We do have a serious spread sheet of all of the things we'd like to do around the house, and things we need to do in preparation, and we're plugging through it slowly but surely.

I wish I didn't have to sit so much at work!  Doing my best to get up and stretch and move every hour or so, but I started feeling so much better this weekend, and 2 hours into work my hips/pelvic pain is already bothering me more when I do stand up. :(

Hmm.... um, stilt-costumer!   I actually do stilt walk (well, not right now), and have made some pretty nice costumes (some of them illuminated with lanterns/lights for a wonderful event here in Baltimore in October- the Great Halloween Lantern Parade).  If I had more time/money/space for making things, I have so many ideas of what I'd make!  Some day....
    ___
    Due date 12/9
    I can't figure out the pregnancy countdown tickers, but I do know how to make a signature!
    #40andpregnant

As of 12/15/2017, my new hashtag is #41 and pregnant!
  • Options
    @leilagphillips That's awesome DH felt some kicks. My DH is still waiting. This might be a silly question, can you tell the babies apart?! 
  • Options
    @kirss I asked the ultrasound tech to tell me how the babies are positioned so now I know that generally if the kicks are low it's probably the boy and if they're higher it's probably the girl, but I can't really feel a difference at this point.
  • Options
    @leilagphillips That's pretty cool! 
  • Options
    I'm gonna pretend its Saturday and chime in now...lol

1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks - the size of a puffin!! 

2) How are you feeling? Any cravings? Overall, pretty good still.  A little bit a heartburn (which I haven't been able to connect with a specific food, so it might just be general).  Last week I had the worst charlie horse in my life!  It was so painful when I was sleeping and then when I went to yoga the next year, my calves were so tight and weak.  It was weird, and I definitely wasn't dehydrated.  Hopefully that doesn't become a regular occurrence.  
    3) Any appointments this week/last? On Thursday and I have my 1-hour GD test.  I'm nervous about it, because I'm always nervous about everything.  My test isn't until the afternoon, which from what I've read has made it more likely that I'll get a false positive.  I'm trying to think of really protein-high things to eat throughout the day to help prevent a false positive.  

Pretty good.  Registries are done.  We have already taken our baby birthing class and I'm signed up for an infant care class in December.  I think I've picked a paint color for the nursery.  In two weeks we have friends coming over to help move the furniture that is currently in the nursery out and we will start painting and getting things set up.  The nursery should be pretty set up by mid October.  

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I finally finished Bringing Up Bebe, and I really liked it - so thanks to everyone who recommended it.  I'm now listening to Brain Rules For Baby.  So far I like it - it seems to be really scientifically cited, which I appreciate.  

6) GTKY:  If you became world-famous for something what would it be? Oh man, I don't know.  I'd love to be organized and have a well-decorated home enough to have an organizational/house blog that becomes famous, but I don't think that will realistically ever happen.  

@Piccola1988 - Glad you're feeling better!! And great work getting the registry is done - it really is a lot of work! 
    @Amber_Waves - Sorry you're still struggling! 
    @Boothbaby4 - I'm sorry that your son is contributing to your lack of sleep. 
    @rebeckyjoy - Good luck with the rest of the kitchen renovation!!
    @breezybee - I've heard you can't have too many of those Aden and Anias blankets because they are so versatile.  I've heard of people using them for the obvious - swaddling and a blanket, but also as burp cloths, blankets for tummy time, as a barrier between your baby and the changing pad when changing diapers (either when out in public so they aren't touching the public changing table or at home to prevent a blowout from getting on your changing pad cover), nursing covers, and more!  Which is good cause I also have a hard time choosing because there are so many cute patterns!
    @leilagphillips - Sorry you still have a cough.  Hopefully you're able to kick it soon.  My H also felt his first kick this week and he got really excited! 
    @blueskies17 - Yay for passing the GD test!  I'm nervous about mine! And I hear you about being overwhelmed with all the stuff that comes with baby.  
    @collectiveliving - I'm also hoping to get a chest freezer to help store prepped food.  I know my H and me -- when we get stressed and overwhelmed, cooking goes out the door and we just order food or eat out.  I'm hoping to really prepare ahead of time so we can continue to eat healthy at home once the baby comes. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options

I am 22 weeks (late so now im 22w2d), I dont even keep track anymore because it is weird with the random fruit but I will say baby is big measuring 96%tile on anatomy scan and i tink i look more like a 30 weeker lol 

Chik fil a fries. I eat them pretty much every other day. LOL might be why i look like im 30 weeks and baby measuring 96% tile lol  

Anatomy scan and third prenatal visit last week. Baby looked great on anatomy scan a little big but i rather that than two small. I got a video of the whole thing and im pretty pumped to watch it again.

So i was going to have a baby shower but now im not so sure. I only have one complete weekend saturday and sunday off until I deliver and I kind of think I am going to use it to sleep and rest rather than spend 8 hours driving to my baby shower locations. The issue is that my husband and I just moved VERY far away from friends (6 hour drive) who want to throw us a baby shower and 8 hours away from family who want to throw us a baby shower. Basically we would have to do a whirlwind tour where we left on friday night drove through the night, did one baby shower on saturday and the other one later that day then drive back sunday to be ready for work monday morning. I have not seen friends and family since ive been pregnant so it would be nice to see them but im also just so already overwhelmed with working so many shifts to make sure i wont have weekend shifts after  I deliver

Im annoyed at how seemingly unprepared we seemed to deal with Hurricane Harvey. I know that natural disasters are hard to predict but I always feel a little underwhelmed at how unprepared we seem to be in getting people to evacuate, etc. I am not trying to lay blame or make a political point, I just feel like Ive seen a similar pattern with Katrina, Rita, Sandy and its very discouraging. I feel like we have the infrastructure to have better backup mechanisms and i feel really badly for all those that have lost everything. I guess im just turning my frustration from that into trying to find something to blame. Im not sure exactly where i am going with this but I ust wish we had a better disaster preparedness system. that exercising really hasnot happend on a daily basis as I would have hoped. 

I hope I could become a world famous humanitarian but I have accepted that Id rather be a big deal and presence in the lives of my friends and family and community hope that I can make my impact in the world that way 
  • Options
    muskratbabymuskratbaby member
    edited August 2017
    22 weeks, Coconut

Feeling annoyed. I spent 2 nights in the hospital this past weekend with pain from a fibroid and it caused contractions. Doctors are not very good at reading ultrasounds and MRIs for pregnant women, according to my brother (who is a radiologist that specializes in pregnancy-related stuff), so they told me I had a cyst. They were wrong. Either way, I'm home now and trying to rest, which is annoying because there is always so much to do! Baby didnt seem to have any ill-effects from what they could tell, so I guess it's just me that was suffering.

My next regular appt is Sept 5. Thinking about asking to see an OBGYN instead of my usual midwife visit. There are OBs and CNMs in the practice, so it shouldnt be a big deal. I just havent been very impressed with the midwives...they don't seem to take anything seriously symptom-wise, and haven't really provided me with much of any advice or comfort either. 

Since I've been working from home this week, I did get some work done on my nursery and registries. I cleared out the junk that wasn't nursery-related from the room, and started putting baby books and stuffed animals on little shelves that were already hung. My shower invites are going out this week, so I finalized most of my registry items (Target, BabiesRUs, and Babylist).

I just hope this week is more normal. It's really cool that I can feel my little girl kicking so much. 

I think it would be cool to be a really good singer. But I'm more on pace to be a world-famous data analyst (if there is such a thing).