1st Trimester

Beta HCG levels - didn't double at first in 72 hours but is now

Hi everyone :) I found out I was pregnant on the 19th, and since then I've had a few complications such as some spotting (started as dry brown blood, went a bit red, and is now just pinky mucus) so I went to the Early Pregnancy Unit where they took some bloods. At first, it went from 675 to 1022 in 48 hours which they weren't happy with as they wanted at least a 60% rise in 48 hours, and this only rose by 51%. However they took my bloods again yesterday morning (just over 41 hours since the 1022 result) and it went to 1567 which they were happy with as this worked out as a 63.% increase and a 67 hour doubling time.

They don't want to do any more bloods but I am scheduled to have a transvaginal scan on Friday, but I'm just wondering if that 51% rise can be an anomaly? I.e. if a later test did show a normal doubling, is this ok?

Re: Beta HCG levels - didn't double at first in 72 hours but is now

• I want to start off by saying I can only offer my opinion and that I'm not a doctor. That being said, it looks like your hcg is rising consistently which is a good sign. It's not decreasing, and the change is not less that 50%. Yeah, it might not be ideal, but even the best doubling can still end in a loss. The scan Friday will certainly be your best bet in determining if the pregnancy is actually progressing normally.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20