January 2015 Moms

Nursing pillows for tall people?

Any suggestions for thicker nursing pillows? I used two boppy's stacked with my first two. Those have both since been handed down and no where to be found. I'm looking for a new pillow, but don't want to have to buy two just to be tall enough without me having to be hunched over to nurse. The only one that looks like it might be tall is the Born Free Bliss nursing pillow. Has anyone used it before and know if it's a good one?

Re: Nursing pillows for tall people?

• I totally relate to this and think it's something missing from the market. I too used 2 pillows under my boppy.
    TTC #3 since Feb 2014 DS 1: 2010 DS 2: 2012
  • I'm not tall, but I had a cheap nursing pillow that was not very plush anymore, so I just used regular pillows underneath it to add height.
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy crap, how tall are you???  I'm 5'3" and couldn't use a boppy because my torso was too short.  It didn't support the baby, it held him up past my boobs!!

I have no help on a more effective pillow for you, tho.  Sorry and good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never liked the Boppy because it just seemed too awkward for my body. I used regular throw pillows to support my babies, and I'm sure you could use two stacked if needed.
  • I had a Boppy and a My Breast Friend pillow, and of the two, I think the MBF would be better because it straps on with a buckle (that sounds weird). Could you just put a regular pillow or small throw pillow under the Boppy or MBF to make it taller?
  • lavet22 said:
    Holy crap, how tall are you???  I'm 5'3" and couldn't use a boppy because my torso was too short.  It didn't support the baby, it held him up past my boobs!!

I have no help on a more effective pillow for you, tho.  Sorry and good luck!!
    I'm 5'11". I figure they are meant for the average height of a woman, but that's only like 5'6". My sister who's a bit shorter than me used the regular boppy with no problems. 
  • I had a mbf pillow and still had to put a throw pillow underneath it due to my long torso. I'd so buy a tall person nursing pillow! For the next kid I guess I'll have to teach him side lying sooner :-)
    It was a pain to deal with all of those pillows.
  • PS I'm only 5'5". I really think it depends on where your height comes from, if it's your legs a regular nursing pillow might be fine, if it's your torso you're out of luck and have to stack pillows.
  • I'm 5'4", but have a long torso. The boppy even seemed too low for me when I tried it out. MBF felt like it had more height.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• GromMom said:
    PS I'm only 5'5". I really think it depends on where your height comes from, if it's your legs a regular nursing pillow might be fine, if it's your torso you're out of luck and have to stack pillows.
    My height is all over. lol I can just do the stacked pillows, but when you have a crying baby and at least one little kid running around wanting attention, it will be easier to just have one thing to lug around the house to feed. 
  • I'm 5'10" and really liked the My Brest Friend pillow. I didn't have others to compare it to, though. I had all c/s, and like that I could choose where to place the pillow by tightening the strap. I never felt that it was an issue with my height.

• Hey I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but definitely another vote for My Brest Friend. I'm also a taller lady (5'10") and I've used one of their "Deluxe" pillows (https://www.mybrestfriend.com/products/deluxe-pillow) for each of my boys and plan on getting another one this time around. The adjustable strap fixed any issues I might have had because of my height.
  • I ordered the Bliss Feeding Pillow from zulily. Aside from not having a cover, the only complaint I've seen is that it's too tall. That was a selling point for me. I'm not concerned about the cover. I may buy one, but i'm thinking about just using a blanket or lap pads over it.
  • KeribirdKeribird member
    edited August 2017
    Busty Sinclare "https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12704271&cp=2255957.2273443.2255981.2256168&parentPage=family

I like this one. It's much firmer than a boppy and didnt squish down as much"

Can you say what kind of pillow this was? The link is no longer working. And for some reason I can't just reply to your thread. Ugh, I'm so bad with technology.