Pregnant after IF
Options

2nd trimester Check-in: Wk Aug 28th

Good morning!

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility."

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appointment is and what for. If I'm missing anyone from this list, or you are new to the 2nd tri, please let me know and I will add you.

Please let us know when you have graduated to 3rd trimester so that I can update our list! 

Mommies to be:

@Jeansis EDD 11/30 with 1 boy!

@PoeMasque EDD 12/8 with 1 boy!

@clovelyone EDD 12/16 with boy/girl twins!

@stella_700 EDD 12/17 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

@wabash15 EDD 12/25 with 1 bean!

@takethelongway EDD 12/28 with TWIN girls!

@mountainlady-2 EDD 12/8 with 1 girl!

@klake42 EDD 1/2 with TWINS!!

@ryannenikole EDD 1/8 with 1 boy!!

@caseyw8784 EDD 1/25 with 1 boy and 1 girl!

QOTW: What is something you are doing for you at this point in the pregnancy? 
*TW*
TTC 1/2012
Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
TTC #3 5/2016
Restarted Fertility tx
IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

Re: 2nd trimester Check-in: Wk Aug 28th

• Options
    HI Ladies! I am pregnant with one boy. 26.5 weeks as of today. I can't believe how close I am to the third trimester!

Feeling good, but been having some anxiety lately about my size. I am a plus size woman (size 16 before pregnancy), and I can tell that I have a bit of a bump going, but to people who don't know me I probably just look bloated.  As a result, I tell people right away that I am pregnant when I see someone who doesn't know, including total strangers. I think I have become a bit neurotic about it. I desperately want to look like I am definitely pregnant and not bloated, but not sure if that will happen because of my proportions. It's especially frustrating because I was a size 10 when I first started trying to get pregnant, and I put on weight over the years due to stress, much of that coming from IF.  Oh well! Trying to stay positive about it, but it's a sore spot for me. 

As for something I am doing just for me, I bought myself a few presents last week. :) Just some new leggings and a blue-ray I have been wanting for a while now. I've also been making sure to get regular walks in every week. Been really good about that for the last month and I can feel the positive effects of the regular exercise. I used to run as my main form of exercise and I would like to get back into that after I have the baby. I am hoping that maintaining a regular walking schedule will help to set me up for that after I recover from the birth. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jenasis hugs. I think body image is something we struggle with pre, during and post pregnancy. I have a freind IRL who is thin as a rail. I don't think she started showing to the end of her second trimester. She has less than a month to go and though she now looks pregnant I am larger than she is. I hope your able to feel better about your bump as the baby keeps growing. If you don't get a big bump try to focus on those beautiful kicks and that after all those years of struggling you've given IF and FU and will have your take home baby.  Also way to go with the regular exercise!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Jeansis can you believe we are almost to the third tri?? I'm a little behind you, but I feel like time is flying (finally!). Although I didn't start plus size, I find myself gravitating toward clothing that makes me look pregnant rather than just "big" - flowy tops are currently my nemesis. I gained about 10lbs in the year leading up to IVF (working night shift is the WORST thing for the human body!) and am already gaining "too much" according to all the pregnancy charts. Being a maternal/child nurse I know that it's a range and I know that I there's nothing for me to worry about, but it's hard to look in the mirror and wonder "who does this body belong to??" not to mention all of the stuff I'm feeling internally. I try to let the thoughts about my body pass and take time to think about the things I like about it too :)

AFM 25 + 4. definitely getting the nesting/anxiety hormones. I spent the weekend making a "rustic" screen door for the nursery. We will see how it goes hanging it tonight when I get home from work. I was pretty proud of myself for making it from scratch and it was super fun to use my power tools again. Now we just have to paint the walls and crib and the rest is just organizing all the stuff as it comes in (plus maybe some art for the walls?). 

I have my glucose test on thursday, can't wait for that to be over!

QOTW: I was going to a prenatal water class and it was amazing. I am hoping to start going again weekly starting this week. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hi everyone I am officially joining the 2nd Trimester!!! @wabash15 can you add me please. I am 14w4d with 1 baby EDD 2/24/17. According to the nub theory it's a girl but we don't have official confirmation of that just yet. We don't have our anatomy scan until week 20 October 2nd, sooo far away.  My next apt is just a check in with the OB on Sept 12th. I just did my glucose test yesterday and that came with drawing 7 vials of blood and a 24hr urine test. I wont be doing that until Sunday no way I'm doing that at work. We had to wait a while for the glucose test cause I was on metformin. I did try for the 1st trimester screening on the 22nd but I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead so the baby is to big to complete the tests. But the neck measured in range (1.9) and they did find the nasal bone. 

@jeansis I'm sorry you are having trouble with your appearance. I think we all struggle with it at alot of points in a pregnancy. My DH was just getting on me Saturday about it. I'm a size 14 and 200lbs I haven't gained pounds yet but I have gained a belly. (plus I still have the access skin that came with the twins in 2013). I was trying to dress up nicely for a concert we were going to and between compression thigh highs and my underwear rolling under my pouch and my boobs starting to spill out of my bra I was miserable. He kept saying your pregnant your fine. But not everyone else knows that unless I have a sign on my belly. I just look super chunky. 

Me: 33  DH: 39
    Me: Endo, PCOS, 
    DH: low life span and mobility 
    Married and TTC since 12/2008
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012
    IVF #2 11/2012 Twin Girls born at 35wks 7/2013
    ER 4/2016 Freeze all 11 embryo's 
    FET #1 5/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #2 7/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #3 09/2016 Thawed 3 Transfered 1 CP 
    FET #4 1/2017 Transfer 2 CP 
    FET #5 April 24, 2017 Transfering 1 BFN
    FET #6 June 8, 2017 Transfer 2 Beta #1 721 Beta #2 1363  
    US on 7/5 1 baby found EDD 2/24/18
    Insta acct ionlywant1more

• Options
    Hi everyone! I'm also new to the 2nd tri board, @wabash15 please add me, too. I'm 14 weeks today (EDD 2/27/18) and am so excited to have made it through the first trimester. We just found out this weekend we are having a boy! I would have been excited either way, but it was so fun to find out the gender and now be able to say 'he' instead of 'it.' I just had my 14 week check-up yesterday, nothing really to report there. My next routine appointment isn't for another 4 weeks. I got here through IVF and after SO MANY appointments I feel like I'm sometimes left twiddling my thumbs between OB appointments. 

@jeansis I still look bloated, or like I had one too many burritos at this point, and I've heard from lots of friends IRL how hard it can be until the bump is super obvious. I put on some weight during IF treatments from all the meds and stress and it's tough to feel like you're starting ahead of where you want to be. But as others have said, try to focus on all the amazing things happening inside =) but that's great you're walking, I've read that's some of the best exercise a pregnant woman can do!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at 24+2 with the twins. Big news here is that the students are back at school now. Yesterday flew by but I was completely wiped when I got home. Hoping that today isn't quite that busy. No appointments this week for me, next one is with the my OB on the 7th.

We celebrated viability by putting in the nursery flooring this past weekend. It looks super good, this weekend I'm going to tackle refinishing the top of the babies' dresser. We also took care of a slow tub drain and replaced the innards of the master bathroom toilet. Ah home ownership, but it felt good to cross some of that stuff off our "master list".

I'm thinking that a pedicure this weekend would be an awesome treat after first week back.

• Options
    @thucks and @kaseycoco its so nice to see you both in the 2nd tri!!!
    @thucks I hear you on that twin tummy... I was excited to be pregnant again so that some of that loose skin wouldnt be loose anymore.
    @PoeMasque you'll have to share photos of the door when its installed!
    @kaseycoco its a hard adjustment going from all the RE attention to just a regular pregnant lady!
    @stella_700 you have been super productive! I think you deserve that pedicure.

AFM 23+1 with a singleton.  Things are chugging along. For the most part life and work are busy but good. Yesterday evening before dinner DS wanted to stay and watch dad cook so I took DD for a walk around the block. it was great to have some one on one time (when there not sick) and to see her explore her world, picking flowers, picking up sticks and leaves. She is just so curious about the world. It was such a sweet moment. I'm trying to be better about cherishing the little moments when life is crazy. The thing I'm doing for myself is prenatal yoga. Its nice to just have 45 min to focus on me and this new little one. 

Ohhh twin mom question... @thucks do your girls share a room? if so any tips on transitioning them out of the cribs? we have toddler beds but have not made the switch yet because I'm a bit scared of releasing the craken from their cages... I just envision them tearing their room apart every night....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• Options
    @wabash15 oohh I'm so excited that you already have twins like me!!! What in the world were we thinking lol. 
    Yes the girls share a room. I want to say about age 2 we took the fronts off of their cribs and about 2 1/2 we transitioned to an actual toddler bed. We had a really hard time with it. We were bad and would have them fall asleep in our lap in the living room then transition them to their bed. When they turned 3 we moved to big girl beds a day bed with a trindle. The idea was the trindle could be hid to make the room bigger. The beds are side by side so like 1 big bed I now read 2 books with them in their bed and that's where they fall asleep. My MIL lives with us as like a build in nanny instead of taking them to a sitter. Both girls get up in the middle of the night and one comes to our bed one goes to the MIL's bed. 
    That dang twin pouch lol I am looking forward to looking pregnant with out the crazy reactions that my tummy is sooo big with 2 babies. I hated how different I got treated cause I was quite large, all belly with the girls.

I worked so hard to get pregnant again but I'm having a hard time transitioning into baby mode I've done really nothing in preparation like a third baby syndrome lol We have been so busy with Cheer leading, my mom hasn't been doing well and now starting pre-k on Tuesday. 
    Me: 33  DH: 39
    Me: Endo, PCOS, 
    DH: low life span and mobility 
    Married and TTC since 12/2008
    3 IUI's in 2012
    IVF #1 BFN 08/2012
    IVF #2 11/2012 Twin Girls born at 35wks 7/2013
    ER 4/2016 Freeze all 11 embryo's 
    FET #1 5/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #2 7/2016 Transfer 1 BFN 
    FET #3 09/2016 Thawed 3 Transfered 1 CP 
    FET #4 1/2017 Transfer 2 CP 
    FET #5 April 24, 2017 Transfering 1 BFN
    FET #6 June 8, 2017 Transfer 2 Beta #1 721 Beta #2 1363  
    US on 7/5 1 baby found EDD 2/24/18
    Insta acct ionlywant1more

• Options
    @thucks thanks! Some days when we are surrounded by twin melt downs DH and I wonder what we were thinking! We struggled with bed time especially with DS for a while but finally got to a good place where we read some books they go in their cribs and we read one more then they lie down for sleep. some nights they go right to sleep and other nights they steal toys/blankets/pacifiers from one another for a while.(or as recently teach each other how to undress and take their diapers off, we are now doing backwards PJ's for both because I got tired of changing the sheets every night) I'm just worried that when we put them in toddler beds it will just be hours of stealing back and forth from one another or emptying the dresser drawers... I wish we had a built in nanny.
        Ohhh the late pregnancy stares and comments with the twins were crazy... I think as you feel this one moving more you'll get into baby mode... For me getting through the first trimester and the fear of loss or something happening was big and then I could start to enjoy it more in the 2nd tri. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx