May 2018 Moms

GTKY: favorite vacation spot

Share your favorite vacation spot!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

Re: GTKY: favorite vacation spot

• It's a toss up between Lake Winnepesaukee and York Beach in Maine right now.   So relaxing,  and also lots of good stuff to do.   We went to both this summer. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers photo 401ba615-b560-419d-8272-b89fb96034ec.pngphoto sushilovers.png

• Loading the player...
  • It's hard to pick but I will go with Cabo San Lucas. It's close, cheap, and warm. It's my favorite place to go in in February to escape Colorado's cold winter.
  • It's a toss up between Lake Winnepesaukee and York Beach in Maine right now.   So relaxing,  and also lots of good stuff to do.   We went to both this summer. 
    Are you local to New England? We vacationed in Lake W growing up and Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. DH vacationed in Ogunquit
    DD is 3 and a new little one on the way! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We love visiting National Parks - so serene. The closest one to us is Acadia National Park. Beautiful beautiful.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Are you local to New England? We vacationed in Lake W growing up and Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. DH vacationed in Ogunquit 

Stuck in a text box.   Yes,  I'm in MA!  Are you local as well?

Stuck in a text box.   Yes,  I'm in MA!  Are you local as well?
    I am in MA too! Small world!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dinonugget we have annual passes also and we all really enjoy it!

My favorite place is probably Big Bear or Nehalem Bay. They are both very peaceful. 
  • ella26 said:
    It's hard to pick but I will go with Cabo San Lucas. It's close, cheap, and warm. It's my favorite place to go in in February to escape Colorado's cold winter.
    Wow....wish I had the problem of living So close to Cabo. I think I actually prefer the gulf side of Mexico. We went to riviera maya a couole years ago and it was beautiful. I also think it may have been the resort we were at.

chocolatebutton3 said:
    We love visiting National Parks - so serene. The closest one to us is Acadia National Park. Beautiful beautiful.
    I love nature and parks but my DH is a city guy. We have a hard time finding a balance. 

• @chocolatebutton3 @createmagic14
     right below you in CT, 20 minutes from the MA border. 
  • justsuzie said:
    @chocolatebutton3 @createmagic14
     right below you in CT, 20 minutes from the MA border. 
    Loving all the New England people! Woot woot! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maui! Only been there once for our honeymoon but really want to go back!!
  • I love going to the beach! We live about 2.5 hours from the beach and we try to go once a month. My other favorite spot is Disneyland, and I would love to take a cruise to Alaska. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @rowboat4 I've done an Alaskan cruise, it was a-maz-ing! So chill, but still with a nice sense of adventure. Lots of great hiking at the ports and early morning glacier viewing from the deck with my cup of tea and book. Loved it

Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • @artlea2013 we almost got to go on one this summer for basically free, but it didn't work out unfortunately. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm from MA too! I'd say my favorite spot is Martha's Vineyard we go over once every summer. 
  • I've never been on a vacation but my dream vacation is to visit Germany....someday it will happen lol

Rylee 2.18.09
    Kaitlyn 12.20.09 (36 week preemie)
    Ziva 8.12.13 (31 week preemie)

Losses: 2.3.17 - 4.19.17 - 7.25.17 

BFP: 8.16.17 Heartbeat: 9.8.17 EDD: 5.1.18
  • Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Colorado or somewhere with snow and mountains to ski...not gonna happen this year though lol.  
  • millette2015millette2015 member
    edited August 2017
    Anywhere with a beach. The water is my happy place. So far in my life, my favourite spot is on Georgian Bay (ontario, Canada. I'm Canadian.)
  • @3littles3angels my husband wants to do Berlin. The plan was next summer. Don't think that's happening now. 
  • We have an RV and like to travel around quite a bit so I don't really have a favorite, per se. We like to explore different places. For my 30thish we did a roadside attraction tour in the Midwest - for DH's we did a bourbon tour in Kentucky. 

I will say the beach is like a second home. Living in Florida we go quite often. 

• Can I cheat and have my spot be on a cruise ship? I don't really care where it's going, but the mix of relaxation on one deck and crazy shows or events on another deck means there is always exactly what you want to do going on somewhere within 200 yards. Plus the food is the bomb

stuck in the text box-

dh swears i'd love a cruise- we may consider one when DS is a bit older and the new LO is here, but the idea of being stuck on a ship makes me a bit nervous! 
  • @justsuzie I was hoping to take taxes and buy plane tickets for the following year for DH and I then take some taxes tye next year for the hotel but now I'm pregnant so it's gonna be put on hold lol.

Rylee 2.18.09
    Kaitlyn 12.20.09 (36 week preemie)
    Ziva 8.12.13 (31 week preemie)

Losses: 2.3.17 - 4.19.17 - 7.25.17 

BFP: 8.16.17 Heartbeat: 9.8.17 EDD: 5.1.18
  • I'm a huge Disney girl, so Disney world is always my favorite! Siesta Key, and St Augustine are two beach type favorites too. (I'm obviously a Florida girl) New Orleans was fun for the weekend we went, but I have no desire to go back.
  • sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited August 2017
    Ireland!! It's so beautiful, the people are beyond friendly, and the accent is amazing!  
    ETA not really a "vacation", but an awesome trip.  As far as traditional vacations, we go to Sandbridge almost every summer with my sisters.

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
    BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Would go to Italy once I year if I could afford it, although I think we are hoping to gothis year before baby!
    In the meantime we like to travel to my families cabin in Yosemite.