Infertility

How to prepare for a trigger shot?

Hello everyone! I'm new here and I'm happy to find this community. I'm 38 yrs old, turning 39 on Sept.8. I got a 7cm endometriosis removed from my right ovary, January of this year. DH is 37 yo. We live here in Japan.

I've been having HMG shots for 8 days already. Yesterday I got an untrasound scan and doc found 3 follicles on my right and 2-3 on my left. Their sizes are from 15-22mm. I'm scheduled for a trigger shot tomorrow (Wed) at midnight and egg retrieval on Friday. I wonder what I should do to prepare for it.
Thank you all for your help.

Re: How to prepare for a trigger shot?

• tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited August 2017
    Hmmm, I'm sorry about my name here, knottie and with all those numbers... I can't seem to edit it.
  • Welcome!  You can edit it on theknot.com. ;)  I haven't done my trigger yet, but I will be right there with you tomorrow... GL!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your reply. I'll edit my name there now.
  • I'm getting a bit anxious for tomorrow's trigger shot but I'm also excited about it in a way. What I'm doing right now is drinking lots of fluids and trying to calm down as much as I can. 
  • Hi @tinjp78 there's not much to do before retrieval except think positive! Staying hydrated is always a good idea, especially when you are retrieving high numbers. Plan to take the rest of the day after retrieval to just relax and put your feet up. That's about it! Good luck!! Also feel free to join us in the July/August ivf thread! 
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for your reply @dragonette505. I'll take your advice and I'll also go to the July/Aug ivf thread... kindda lonely here. :smiley: