Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of August 28th

Good Evening, PGAL mommies! So sorry for posting this so LATE! I've been deep cleaning all day and completely forgot. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong and have a wonderful week!!

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? 
Me: 28 DH: 29
Married: 4-25-2014
TTC: March 2015
BFP: 2-18-16
Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
D&C: 4-2-16
TTCAL: May 2016
IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of August 28th

• How far along are you? 17 weeks, 1 day

How big is baby? The size of an onion, pomegranate? between 5-5.5 inches

Appointments coming up? Anatomy scan Sept 11th

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Today, I'm feeling okay. VERY VERY tired. I haven't been sleeping well. I cannot get comfortable.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Finding out baby's gender in 2 weeks!! 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  For once, things have been okay.

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? I do enjoy raspberry lemonade. Anyone have any good mocktail recipes???

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @nmd9168 the anatomy scan has been my favorite appointment so far!  They didn't reveal baby's gender until the end!  My husband was on the edge of his seat trying to see if he could tell. 

How far along are you? 
    22 weeks today!

How big is baby? A coconut!

Appointments coming up? Followup with my OB on Sept 12. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically..tired but I'm chugging through.  I can't maneuver like I used to and bending over is hard.  Emotionally..a little stressed and excited.  I'm a little stressed about my baby shower (will talk about it in the rants section) and also, it's the start of Fall semester!  I'll be teaching a full load for the first time and I'm nervous (and excited) about having everything ready by class tomorrow. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I've been setting weekly goals to keep me going.  I'm eager to reach 24 weeks..and then 28 weeks! For now, I'm just thankful to be progressing from week to week.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rants..the baby shower.  I'm so thankful to my parents who've asked to throw me a baby shower.  I honestly wasn't expecting one because my husband and I live in a different state than our family and most of our friends.  It was kind of depressing thinking about it and when my parents offered, I jumped on it.  My sister is planning the decorations and it all sounds so amazing.  My rant??..my MIL.  She hasn't offered to host a baby shower for my husband's side but quickly jumped on asking if I could include her family in on it because they're also from the same state I grew up in.  My parents were willing to invite a few of my husband's family but then my MIL went overkill and kept asking to add more to her list and now its at about 20 people.  I feel bad because my parents are shouldering all of the costs and had to reserve a hall to accommodate the added people.  I tried to talk to my MIL and she insisted because they're family.  I wouldn't be as upset if she offered to host along with my parents and help with at least contributing something because she's asking to invite a lot of people but she hasn't. I even suggested she ask a family member to throw a second baby shower for her side of the family because 20+ people makes for a separate party in itself.  She's moved to a different state and isn't even coming to the baby shower! --It's just annoying that not only is she not coming, she's making demands without even offering to help in any way.  Ugghh... Raves?  I'm going to have a baby shower when I thought I wasn't.  This will be the first grandchild on both sides and my first baby.  It's exciting to be flying home for a weekend to celebrate with family!  I can't wait..baby shower isn't until I'm about 28 weeks!  Another rave?  My little boy's movements are becoming more and more obvious to me!  In the beginning, it felt like tiny bubbles popping in my lower belly.  Now, the movements feel stronger.  On two occasions, his movements were strong enough to move my hand!  It's a little tricky because I have an anterior placenta so his movements on the outside are muffled.  I fall more and more in love with this little guy each day.  I'm praying that he stays healthy and that we make it to full term. <3

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? If I'm sick of water, I treat myself to some fruit juice like OJ or decaf tea/coffee.  Once in awhile, I'll go for some boba milk tea!  I try to limit when I have that though because of the caffeine.  I noticed that if I drink cold OJ or any fruit juice, baby moves for me. 

**~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 14 Weeks! 

How big is baby? troll doll

Appointments coming up? not for a few weeks--I am no longer considered "high risk" so I get to go back to monthly appointments for now! 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Finally feeling good.  Made it through first tri, SCH cleared up, and my thyroid is doing it's part! 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? My 20 week appointment--I am ready to be halfway there! 

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? I love adding fruit or mint to my water.  I will sometimes drink sparkling water when I am missing soda! 

@laurenjt808  You mother-in-law seems a bit pushy.  Could you talk to her and say something about adding guests has increase the cost and $suchinsuch is her part for the extra guests?  It's sorta crappy that she invited guests and didn't offer to pitch in.  Good luck! 
  • @laurenjt808 Your MIL sounds like mine!! LOL My mom is hosting the shower where 30 of the people are my family and 58 are from my In-law's side.  :# Luckily, I was able to have MIL whittle it down some with the help of my husband and SIL. It was going to be 78 people from their side and she INSISTED that we have a joint baby shower and that she would help pay and decorate. Haven't seen any money yet, so we'll see. ALSO, I'm like excite-scared about the anatomy scan. I can't wait to see what my marathon running, bladder-squishing wild child is LOL, but I've always got that thought in the back of my mind that there's gonna be something wrong. PGAL brain, I guess. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @magnolia305 So glad you're starting to feel better! Hope the 2nd trimester is good to you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 10+4

How big is baby? The size of a Lego person.

Appointments coming up? Just had first midwifery on Sat (heard the heartbeat for the first time), follow up on 9/18.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically, appropriately tired. But still struggling with what to eat. I have two staples: cereal in the morning and yogurt by 11. It is hit or miss after that. I really don't want to think about food anymore.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? My next appointment at 13/14 so that I can hear the heartbeat again and hopefully I can eat normally soon...

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nothing this week.

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? I enjoy a good smoothie.
    Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 5w2d

How big is baby? chocolate chip, apple seed or a nerd candy, take your pick!

Appointments coming up? bloodwork and first ultrasound on Friday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? anxious, moody and tired 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? first ultrasound on Friday, hoping I might get to see a heart beat, but know that it could be a little early still 

Rants/Raves/Questions: 

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? I've been drinking Arnold Palmer's (with decaf tea) when I get sick of water

All of you ladies give me so much hope. We lost our little girl at 18 weeks, last November. I wasn't worried about anything until all of a sudden I had to be. Now I worry about every little thing I feel or don't feel. I know you all can appreciate that, and seeing your posts really help to calm me, so thanks :)

@ishmoney  so exciting that you got to hear the heartbeat! congrats!
    @magnolia305  not being considered high risk anymore is awesome! Enjoy the small reprieve from appts!
    @laurenjt808 I'm so sorry you have to deal with this from your MIL. You def don't need the added stress. Have you asked your SO to say something to her? That's always my go to with my MIL. And YAY for feeling movement, so amazing!
    @nmd9168 your anatomy scan will be here before you know it! Do you have any feelings one way or the other on gender?
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Quick intro: I had a NMC in January at 7w6d. Baby measured 6 and I pretty much went through labor for 4 days. I needed to get past my EDD for baby #1 to be more comfortable posting here.

How far along are you? 
    28w4d

How big is baby? eggplant - between 2-3 lbs.

Appointments coming up? glucose test tomorrow

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    I had a meltdown the night before the EDD last week and then was better after. This has been a rough month since a lot of people I know have had their August babies. I ended up in the hospital last night with some contractions they were able to stop, but I lost it because I would have already have had the other baby earlier in the week or in the next few days. I was grateful to be discharged with a closed cervix and this baby still inside, but boy was it scary.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Honestly? Birth. I can't wait until he's safely in my arms...and hopefully full term.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Has anyone decided that they want a nice, long period of alone time once their baby arrives? We've gone through so much and I just don't think I want to share him right away. I need some time to bond and get out all of the emotions when he comes before letting our huge families (7 sisters / 3 brothers-in-law and 12 nieces / nephews) hold him. 

GTKY: I'm personally looking for something else to drink, besides water (I'm getting bored). Do you have any delicious, alcohol-free drinks that you're currently enjoying? 

Cranberry peach bellinis got me through a couple of bachelorette parties! Also, virgin daiquiris. I had one called a Dreamsicle!

https://www.oceanspray.com/Products/Juices/By-Type/Mocktails.aspx
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited August 2017
    @laurenjt808 Why isn't your mother-in-law attending? It's her first grandchild and half of the people attending know her, but not really you, correct? She seems pushy. I'm sorry you're dealing with that.
    @halips I'm sorry for your traumatic loss. FWIW, this pregnancy has been very different from my first. I hope things continue to go smoothly for you.
    @ishmoney Congrats on hearing the heartbeat. It's pretty amazing! Most women get more energy in the second trimester.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @halips I wish I knew or even had some sort of idea, but I'm clueless. lol My husband thinks it's a girl, for some reason. He says he just has a feeling. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @NYTino24 thank you! And welcome and congrats on 3rd tri! Good luck on the glucose test today!
    @nmd9168 That's awesome that hubby has father's intuition lol  With my first pregnancy, I just knew it was a girl from the beginning. And this will sound silly, but we have 2 dogs and one is very in tune with how I feel. So I played a game with him call boy/girl and he had to pick the hand he thought baby was. He picked girl every single time. Hubby laughed at me, but puppy and I knew :)  Either way, I know you and your husband will be over the moon! 
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Thanks ladies! @magnolia305 @nmd9168 @halips @NYTino24
    --Yes she can be a bit pushy.  When asked, "It's all in good intention." :/  It was stressing me out for awhile but I'm trying my best to just let it go and see what happens at the baby shower.  Every time I think about it and get upset, I feel baby moving and I'm worried that he's feeling the stress too.  My SO has talked to her but it's the same as talking to a brick wall. --and yep...she is not attending her very first grandchild's baby shower!  She has another commitment she can't get out of.  At least a number of my SO's family will be there to celebrate with us! Cheers to what my doctor deems, "peachy" MILs!  In the end, it'll work out.  My family has been working hard to get things set up and my sister is a guru in arts and crafts.  It'll be a nautical themed shower and she's planning on making a few diaper cakes to match, including one shaped like a boat and lighthouse!  I can't even imagine how she'll pull that off but she's determined.

@nmd9168 praying you have a great scan!  I know the worrying PGAL feeling of every appointment.  I don't think it ever really goes away but now that I feel baby moving more, I don't feel as anxious.  Having an at-home doppler helps me too.  If I don't feel baby move as much, I get comforted hearing his heart beat with the doppler and knowing that he's still in

@magnolia305 that's great news that you're no longer considered high risk!!!!  Also, welcome to the second trimester!  

@ishmoney I know what you mean about not wanting to think about food.  I had a challenging 1st tri too.  My doctor did suggest smoothies as something to eat!  I found it easier to drink my food.  In addition to smoothies, she suggested Ensure drinks to help bring my weight back up.  I lost a few pounds and they were eager for me to gain it back.

@halips I used to worry a lot and I was really apprehensive about making my first appointment after seeing a BFP.  It's understandable to be worried all the time.  I found it helpful to set little goals or milestones for myself so I at least have something to look forward too.  Have a great first US!

@NYTino24 alone time with baby sounds amazing, even if it's just for a few days.  I think I'd really like to have that so that my SO and I can enjoy being a family of 3 first.  I know my parents will be coming after baby is born because for them, vacations are hard to schedule and they're only allotted a set number of days.  They want to make sure they see their grandson... as for my MIL... I'll have my SO deal with that.

I hope you ladies are having a great week!
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • @laurenjt808 Thank you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Me: 39 <3  DP: 49
    TTC since Jan 2017
    BFP #2 7/11/17 | EDD 3/24/18
    BFP #1 5/2/17 | EDD 1/12/18 | MC 5/18/17

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nmd9168 I second the Doppler helping me feel less anxious before appointments and in general.