Eat.
Drink water.
Take a shower.
Meditate.
Read a book.
Ride a bike.
Practice self-care.
You do you.

What are you doing for yourself? What do you wish you did more of? How are you keeping your sense of self and wellbeing?

I am actually taking more showers now than when I was pregnant. I was going 2-3 days between showers (don't judge!), and now I am usually every 1-2 days. That 10 minutes by myself is very nearly the only time during the day that I am not holding the baby. Those few minutes allow me to step back and breathe. I need to find more moments like that throughout the day and week.

Re: Wellness Wednesday

• Eat.
    Drink water.
    Take a shower.
    Meditate.
    Read a book.
    Ride a bike.
    Practice self-care.
    You do you.

What are you doing for yourself? What do you wish you did more of? How are you keeping your sense of self and wellbeing?

I am actually taking more showers now than when I was pregnant. I was going 2-3 days between showers (don't judge!), and now I am usually every 1-2 days. That 10 minutes by myself is very nearly the only time during the day that I am not holding the baby. Those few minutes allow me to step back and breathe. I need to find more moments like that throughout the day and week.
    My H is going back to work today so this is really something I worry about. LO loves being held, how do you even get the 10 min to shower? 

While H was home, we tried to get out of the house at least once a day, even just for a short walk. That is my goal to continue with him gone. 
  • If I can get both kids napping this afternoon, I'm planning on doing some light yoga. Either that or a nap. One of the two. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I really struggle with this. I tend to put everyone in front of myself and over time it takes its toll. Similarly to "put your oxygen mask on before helping other put theirs on", it is vital we take care of ourselves. This thread came at a really good time, thanks!

I just started to exercise again. I was pretty active during my pregnancy until about 30 weeks. I had really bad back pain and massive amounts of swelling so I became pretty stagnant. It feels good to get out and go on a long walk with LO. 

I also just finished a book (read it in just a couple of days) which actually felt really good! I'm going to try hard to keep this stuff up. 
  • nktrodden826nktrodden826 member
    edited August 2017
    Wine. Wine. And uhh wine. 

Kidding, my saving grace to life as a mother are mom friends. I wouldnt be able to do it without them. Friends who come over and help me navigate life with two kids is crucial. I joined Fit4Mom- Stroller Strides (a workout class where moms bring their babies and you incorporate the kids into a 60 min full body workout) 8 weeks after DS was born and continued for 2 years until I had DD and now I'm waiting for my 6week appt so I can go back. It's the best thing that ever happened to me. It not only gets me out of the house, I work out, I see my friends, I can vent to all of them, them go back home. Which also forces you to shower because you just worked out. It helps get into a routine which is crucial for sanity also! 
  • @nktrodden826 I'm happy to hear you like Stroller Strides. I've been thinking of joining our local one but I'm nervous. The groups always seem so tight and I'm scared to be the new one trying to jump in. I would hope they would be welcoming, but fear of rejection has always made making new friends hard for me! 
  • Does taking advil count? Ha ha 

Or cleaning? Lol that doesn't sound like personal wellness but a mess = stress. 

I just had DH fetch some water #WIN 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MamaRN13 said:
    @nktrodden826 I'm happy to hear you like Stroller Strides. I've been thinking of joining our local one but I'm nervous. The groups always seem so tight and I'm scared to be the new one trying to jump in. I would hope they would be welcoming, but fear of rejection has always made making new friends hard for me! 
    I am exactly the same! You only need to make one friend and that really makes everything much easier. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I have to shower and put on clean clothes at some point during the day.  I strive to make that happen before noon, depending on when DS goes down for his morning nap. 

The other thing that makes me feel 'normal' is to cook dinner each day and to sit and easy dinner with DH.  Some days i set a land speed record fir voe fast I eat because DS is fussing but we still try to make it happen daily.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• I was the same way. The D.C. Stroller strides welcomed me with open arms and if yours is anything like mine the moms hang out after the workout and nurse the babies or let the toddlers run off some energy so you get to know people more than the short intro and warm up/icebreaker question at the beginning of each class and you are bound to have something in common with at least one person!! You should really try it. It was life changing for me- i can almost guarantee I would have suffered PPD and felt myself falling into that when I found them. Absolutely changed my life. @MamaRN13 @plumpous
  • I envy you that can shower every day (or even every other day! Haha). 

I walk my 5 year old to and from school everyday. I feel like that is a plus. Getting out of the house, even if it's for a short period, is helpful for me.

I also started back at work today...part time and remotely. I am only doing a few hours a day, but it makes me happy to be working again! 
  • I take my toddler to play in the back yard. The sunshine helps me a lot and there is less to clean so I relax a little more there. 

I try to get off of our property most days. Even if just to the library or to take the kids to see MIL at work. 

We attend counseling every 3-5 weeks. This helps me to respectfully convey any frustration to DH. Last time we seriously talked about sleep. The next weekend, DH took a few more nighttime duties and I was less resentful. 

I just started grad school. I was nervous that the timing would be too much, but feel like these challenges are reaching to a part of me that has been unfulfilled. 

Internet time before bed once everyone is asleep. ☺
  • BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited August 2017
    I try to wash my face on time, on days when I don't I honestly don't feel as good. I try to take baby for a walk at 1pm. Having these imaginary timelines like they are a necessity in mine and babies life really keep things peaceful. 10 am baby probiotics, 2 pm baby exercise and talking , 5 pm personal care ( any one part of me that I've been neglecting, today I tweezed my brows, yesterday I epilated etc etc) 6pm snack and 9pm onwards baby's sleep training begins. I try to stick to this as much as possible! It's really easy to just let go and waste time but then afterwards it's too late to do anything for myself and I regret it. Having meals on time and being robotic surprisingly works for me! 
  • I started a monthly meal plan for easy, quick and healthy meals for everyone. DH and I both gained a lot of weight since I started making babies and it's time to get back into shape for the sake of our health. So I feel good about taking back control over food because it's become such an afterthought in recent years. 

Anyone doing any fun hobbies? I spend most of my time either cooking/cleaning or watching TV and browsing reddit. I wanna do more fun creative stuff but not sure what. I have a coloring book but as it turns out, I found it really stressful ha ha (especially ironic considering I'm an art director)... 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @plumpous I also find the coloring books stressful!  My hand cramps up trying to stay in the lines and make them pretty, ha!

I bought a baby book a while back that I never wrote anything in, so I'm trying to fill in what I can while I can.  I also want to stay on top of taking and actually printing pictures of my LO. Today is my H's 2nd day back at work (and only half days in the afternoons until Monday), and afternoons are pretty good so I'm feeling a little restless while LO is sleeping. Mornings seem to be more stressful/cranky, so I'm not looking forward to Monday!
  • CPR79 said:
    @plumpous I also find the coloring books stressful!  My hand cramps up trying to stay in the lines and make them pretty, ha!

I bought a baby book a while back that I never wrote anything in, so I'm trying to fill in what I can while I can.  I also want to stay on top of taking and actually printing pictures of my LO. Today is my H's 2nd day back at work (and only half days in the afternoons until Monday), and afternoons are pretty good so I'm feeling a little restless while LO is sleeping. Mornings seem to be more stressful/cranky, so I'm not looking forward to Monday!
    I used shutterfly to make a photo album for DD1 with pictures from her first year. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• stokesm21stokesm21 member
    edited August 2017
    Last time we seriously talked about sleep. The next weekend, DH took a few more nighttime duties and I was less resentful. 
    Yeah I'm late, shoot me. This is good. I get more and more resentful by the day. It's so hard though. My DH is up usually at 4am for work and he drives/operates heavy machinery so I can't justify having him get up in the night. That and the only reason she wakes is to feed so that's all me. But on weekends, it would be nice if he took 1 night to get her down. His Aunt is down visiting but she got stranded about 3.5hours away today and can't get back until tomorrow. When I was telling DH what happened, without hesitation he pipes up and goes, "I'll go get her." I told him no, that I am with LO 24/7 - 5 days a week and I need him here with me to take care of her. Aka... I need a freaking break!!! I was really put off by how quickly he was going to up and leave without a thought of what I might need from him. Maybe I'm not vocal enough about just how tired and exhausted I am? Every day he asks if I got enough sleep and it doesn't matter what my response is, he doesn't do anything about it. It's super frustrating! I told him this evening just how much I look forward to weekends and having him home to help. Ya know, because he's useless during the week. He actually gets frustrated when I don't cook and I just want to slap him.

I guess my wellness isn't going very good LOL! He gives me shit for going into the city all the time, tells me to stay home and sleep and relax. I can't just sit in my freaking house all the time! Ugh. I'm definitely in need of Mom friends but don't even know where to start. All my friends have kids but they all got knocked up as teenagers (bahaha! Just being honest but no judgment lol!) so their kids are much older than mine. The 2 friends I have who have LO's only a few weeks ahead/behind mine live 1 and 2 hours away. Ugh. 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 I completely understand! I feel the same way come weekends with my DH. 
  • stokesm21 said:
    It's so hard though. My DH is up usually at 4am for work and he drives/operates heavy machinery so I can't justify having him get up in the night. That and the only reason she wakes is to feed so that's all me. But on weekends, it would be nice if he took 1 night to get her down.
    This. DH is up at 2:45am works 4:00am-4:30pm 5 days + a few hours on Sat. However, he goes to bed 7-8pm, so he gets 6-8 hrs a night. Getting that once on the weekend would be perfect. Although DH has been doing more the last two weekends, he has been super grouchy the entire weekend because of it. It is not worth it, but I really need a little more sleep so that I can remain patient enough with my toddler. 

@stokesm21 Good for you for making your needs known more! 
  • Rereading that it sounds like my DH is a dick. He's not, I swear!!! :)  You just only get to hear  the bad and not how for example, he cleaned this weekend... lol! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • @stokesm21 I get that! We have few places to vent about partners. I assume there is good happening too, unless someone says that the other person is never supportive, etc. It is the same with my husband.maybe sometime we should balance it with a thread of positive things about our spouses, partners, and support people.