Infertility

Unexplained infertility/low AMH

Hello everyone! I'm not completely new here, but it's been quite a while since I've posted. DH and I have been TTC #1 for at least 4 years now and the fact that I'm turning 36 in a few months has really got my clock ticking louder. So, we have seen an RE, had all of the initial testing and basically the only thing they could find to explain why we might be having a difficult time is my AMH is 0.2. I was devastated. However.......I've been doing a lot of research on this and I've found that maybe it's not so devastating as it sounds and there are success stories. So, we will be starting 3 rounds of clomid/IUI after we return from vacation in October. My RE is fabulous and she's told me not to give up hope, that it's only a number, and often times it's not a true indicator of what the future holds. She even said that it's still possible to conceive naturally, but I don't want to risk waiting too long. So, while I'm a little scared, I'm also looking forward to it and hoping for the best!!! Baby dust to all!!!!!

Re: Unexplained infertility/low AMH

• I'm 38 and my amh was 0.3 my re also said the same thing that I could conceive naturally even. We are on our 4th IUI injectable cycle. Wishing you the best of luck. Just wanted you to know your not alone.
  • Thank you for the response, so glad to hear I'm not alone! I'm hoping this board will be helpful for me, and hoping to help others going through the same thing. Best of luck to you, also!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been on many different blogs/communities, etc. since we were trying with an unsuccessful IUI and started off the process. It does seem like many have had good luck with a combo of acupuncture, DHEA, CoQ10 and folic acid. Wouldn't hurt to give it a dedicated try with your RE's blessing, naturally. 
  • Thank you 7Kaby! I have seen posts about this and definitely think it's something I will ask my RE about. I don't think it would hurt to try!!