February 2018 Moms

Gone

bre073bre073 member
edited August 2017 in February 2018 Moms

Re: Gone

• Loading the player...
  • bre073 said:

I had an elective u/s done over the weekend and the lady did the potty shot so fast and was more focused on getting a face shot (I was 15w5d). Which we didn't get anyway because baby was very uncooperative. I've been googling ultrasounds because I want to confirm the gender more and I found girl and boy u/s that look like this. I just don't want to go all out buying a certain color just to have them tell me something different at my next apt in 4 weeks. We're happy either way but I want to buy things already! I know someone who was told boy at 20weeks and then told girl at 37weeks and someone who was told girl at 16weeks and then boy at 20weeks. What do you think?

QFP.
  • Oh my gosh!

are you sure it's even a baby? that legit looks like tiny trex. I think you should make an emergent appointment with your OB. 

But hey, im no ultrasound tech so what the hell do I know? 
    Andrea (31), married Aaron (36) September 2012
    Parents to fur babies Tiki and Gizzmo and 2yr old Georgia
    IF veterans; #1 conceived on second clomid+HCG+IUI, #2 conceived on 1st Letrozole+HCG+IUI
    EDD: Feb 5, 2018

•  

QFP.
    Can you unquote. I won't be sticking around, I'd rather stay on another site that had less members and less activity. I have no idea what QFP means anyway. I'm unfamiliar with the format of the site sorry I broke one of the almighty rules and got everyone butthurt. Enjoy your pregnancies ladies!
  • bre073 said:

QFP.
    Can you unquote. I won't be sticking around, I'd rather stay on another site that had less members and less activity. I have no idea what QFP means anyway. I'm unfamiliar with the format of the site sorry I broke one of the almighty rules and got everyone butthurt. Enjoy your pregnancies ladies!
    No one is butt hurt but you. And she quoted bc posters like you generally delete and we want the post to remain. Nice try though. 
  • @sabriel1 I saw this coming a mile away 
  • I had introduced myself quick and planned on coming back in later to look around more. I did miss that post as there's A TON of stuff on this site. I was just asking for opinions but I guess there are none. I was a member years ago when I had my last almost 6 years ago but I'll go elsewhere.
  • bre073 said:

QFP.
    Do you think less people/activity is going to get you the responses you were looking for orrrrrr
  • Is this our first GBCB?!

Applause ladies. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DH: 32
    Me: 31
    Baby #1: BFP 1/30/14, EDD 9/28/14, natural MC @ 6 weeks
    Baby #2: BFP 8/1/2014, EDD 4/9/2015, It's a GIRL: Addison Elizabeth!

• Lol. Today's entertainment. 
  • Honestly, these posts always dissapoint me (same thing last pregnancy) I understand the rules are important to keeping this board organized, and truly appreciate the admin efforts at that.  However, knowing this is actually a lovely bunch, I hate that instead of someone kindly teaching/redirecting when someone is mis-using the board, we jump to criticize and make them feel terrible and leave.  
  • @NKF312 I thought I was quite nice to her in suggesting what she should do. Honestly though, we get so many random posts about nub theory and US crotch shots and "I ate peaches while ovulating...am I having a boy or girl" that we pretty much know they're just screwing with us. Most of the people don't bother participating in anything other than their own posts. That's why there's blogs for that and not message boards. And that so many people don't bother reading the big bold pinned post at top saying "Read this first" or even bother lurking around to get a feel for the audience before posting just astounds me.

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• @SunflowerMama428 @rainafire77 I think any of the posts on their own I could look at and see the lightness/humor  (well most of them anyway) maybe it's just the cumulation of all the posts together that comes of "mean"  and maybe mean isn't even the right word... 
    like I said I totally appreciate that this board doesn't allow millions of threads that repeat topics or focused on one persons needs, I just can't help but feel maybe some of these people are legit "lost" and not sure how to navigate these boards
  • @NKF312 the people that are legit lost though usually apologize and move on. 
  • @NKF312 the people that are legit lost though usually apologize and move on. 

This. ^

*Still lurking from March*

• NKF312 said:
    @SunflowerMama428 @rainafire77 I think any of the posts on their own I could look at and see the lightness/humor  (well most of them anyway) maybe it's just the cumulation of all the posts together that comes of "mean"  and maybe mean isn't even the right word... 
    like I said I totally appreciate that this board doesn't allow millions of threads that repeat topics or focused on one persons needs, I just can't help but feel maybe some of these people are legit "lost" and not sure how to navigate these boards

bre073 said:

That type of reaction does not suggest "lost" to me. It suggests OP was being bratty.

Also -  1 million other boards to join if you like the idea of rainbows and butterflies and stickiness or dust sprinkles or some stuff. 

• ash0625 said:
    NKF312 said:
    @SunflowerMama428 @rainafire77 I think any of the posts on their own I could look at and see the lightness/humor  (well most of them anyway) maybe it's just the cumulation of all the posts together that comes of "mean"  and maybe mean isn't even the right word... 

bre073 said:

That type of reaction does not suggest "lost" to me. It suggests OP was being bratty.

Also -  1 million other boards to join if you like the idea of rainbows and butterflies and stickiness or dust sprinkles or some stuff. 

Excellent point. Can't sincerely claim ignorance of rules then mock them.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• This thread is so entertaining! I'm glad to have something to read for once. 

Personally, regardless of the fact that no one here is a trained tech (as far as I know) I find it odd to post pictures of your child's genitals ANYWHERE much less on the internet. It's tacky. 

OP if you did any search on this subject on TB you would see similar responses. This should not be surprising.  I thought the responses were very tame.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Regardless of how you feel about the groups responses (which I thought were appropriate), if the trained person you paid to do an US couldn't tell you the sex of the baby what makes you think we can???  I had one today and when the tech pointed out my baby's fingers I still couldn't make them out.
  • If the just leave comments are aimed towards me, sorry you are stuck with me lol