June 2017 Moms
Options

Bedtime question

hello all,
i was curious what time you put your LO to bed at night! I have 11 week old baby who we do our last feeding at 9 and to bed. However, he does act tired before that. I'm afraid of putting to bed earlier as he will miss a feeding! Thanks!

Re: Bedtime question

• Options
    I'm fairly certain my baby will never, ever miss a feeding. She lets us know when she is hungry! I wouldn't worry about this at all. Put him down and he will wake up when he's ready for another meal. 
  • Options
    Our baby is 8 weeks old and we do the same as you.  She also acts tired beforehand and usually falls asleep but wakes back up enough to nurse when we put her jammies on.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You could try putting him to bed earlier and seeing if he wakes up to eat (If he does, try to keep him sleepy while feeding and put him right back to sleep), or maybe he will start waking earlier in the morning. If you want to avoid that, you could put him down earlier and then wake him to eat at whatever time you think is appropriate. Most nights, my 13 week old will fall asleep around 7pm, if she doesn't wake on her own, we'll wake her to eat around 10/11pm and then she'll sleep until about 5am. This enables us all to get a solid block of sleep. It's not every night, but it's nice when it works. This is also what we did with my older daughter even as she got older and she remained a good eater and sleeper, until teething anyway.
  • Options
    My LO is 12 weeks today and doesn't go to sleep until 10 or so with us. If I were you and you think you can get your baby down to sleep earlier, I would put your baby to bed when he acts tired. Then, keep the room dark and pick him up gently to nurse or have a "dream feed" bottle before you go to bed! Most babies will stay asleep through the feed if no changing of clothes or lights are involved. 
  • Options
    I put DS down between 6-7pm he wakes every 3-5hrs overnight for a feed and gets up for the day around 7-8am
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    LO goes to sleep around 730 usually and will wake to feed sometime between 1 and 3 and then again around 6.  She'll sleep until 8-9 if I bring her into bed with me after the 6am feed.
  • Options
    She goes to bed whenever we do. Usually 10-11. I don't do any sort of feeding schedule. I feed her when she indicates she's hungry. Every couple hours, maybe three during the day. I feed her right before bed and then sometimes she'll wake up after 3-4 hours and need to feed, but now, she's started skipping that feed and waking up after 6 hours. She's fine, growing and healthy. 
  • Options
    My DS starts bedtime at 6:15, cluster feeds for about an hour, then sleeps until we do a dream feed between 10 and 11. He then sleeps until between 4 and 5, then again until 7:30ish and up for the day.