December 2017 Moms
Options

Not feeling baby kicking at 24 weeks with anterior placenta

Hi , does anyone have an anterior placenta and not feeling the baby kicking at 24 weeks? I am a bit worried even though I went to the doctor last week and saw heartbeat.  Thanks.

Re: Not feeling baby kicking at 24 weeks with anterior placenta

• Options
    I've heard that with an anterior, you won't feel movement until later on, depending upon exactly where the placement is. If you saw/heard the heartbeat, just be reassured with that. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ngarciabyungarciabyu member
    edited August 2017
    I have an anterior placenta and this is my 3rd pregnancy. I felt baby move WAY later this time than my first two. With that said, my midwife did tell me to let them know if I wasn't feeling movement by 24 weeks. I'm sure all is well, especially as you've been in for a recent visit. But I would mention it if you feel worried about it

edited spelling
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just found out I have an anterior placenta at 24 weeks so that explained a lot if I start to feel concerned about movements I eat a bit and drink water and lay on my side. And give him time to move around then I usually feel him kicking on whichever side I lay on.
  • Options
    ShyToniaShyTonia member
    edited August 2017
    I as well have an anterior placenta and am 25w3d.  I've been feeling more movement for over a month now, but very very low and sporadic . Just more recently
    its becoming more so. DH has felt her move from the outside a few times and I've gotten two videos. But like I said it's very low, never above belly button....only maybe twice I've felt two bops higher up.
     Sometimes it's very uncomfortable right on my bladder or almost like she is trying to tap dance her way out lol. It freaks me out sometimes but I've read a lot of women's similar stories about it. 
  • Options
    I too have an anterior placenta. I'm just over 25 weeks, and only within the last week have I felt strong movements from baby. It's still not all the time, but I can tell they are just now becoming stronger. This is my experience only, but I don't think you should be too concerned since you just had an appointment.

• Options
    I'm 23 week and have an anterior placenta. I'm been feeling movement for about a month. Most of the movement is low. Although sometimes baby changes position and its up higher next to my belly button. It's hard for others to feel the movement. I feel most of the movement when I'm sitting or laying down. If i'm up busy working and doing stuff I don't feel it. I never feel movement where my placenta is, so I guess it possible that your baby is kicking but just where you can not feel it. I would tell your doctor you are concerned and maybe they can do an US. When I just went to my appointment my doctor had a hard time finding the baby's heart beat. I asked if this was because of the placenta and she said yes. The whole time you could hear baby kicking but I could not feel it.