January 2018 Moms

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    My office hasn't had AC since Monday and the girl that shares my space puts her heater on every morning...ummm...let's save the cold morning air as long as possible!!!
  • Options
    So my TWT was my project executive and he is my WTF Wednesday too.  Said woman that needed to be let go, yah he did it over the phone in less than 5 minutes yesterday.  I know business is business, but she has worked here for (25) years and I just thought she was a little more deserving than a 3.5 minute call.  It literally went like this, "I am eliminating your position.  You last day of employment is September 14th." End Scene.  No surprise she called out today and it is her birthday, oy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Today's WTFW goes out to my colleague. She is sooooooooooooo difficult to work with. I know I'm not the only one on my team that feels this way. Yesterday, a meeting was held about a specific resource who has too much workload. This resource's work is not my responsibility. I was invited to the meeting because the individuals calling the meeting wanted her to do their projects that they thought were more important. These projects are for a client that is my responsibility. I told them to invite my colleague because she is in charge of said resource's workload. I was the only remote person and they forgot to dial me in so I was left out of the discussion. Since then, my colleague has mentioned things that came out of the meeting and needing my help. I have repeatedly told her that I was left out of the meeting and I still have no idea what was discussed. She just keeps going on tangents about everything but has yet to explain what happened so I can assist her. This has been going on since yesterday. 
  • Options
    My WTF is the construction in my city. Every road is taken up by what I am calling the "condo bulge". These companies bulge out into one lane every single blocks. I mean I get the housing market is insane but I can't get anywhere without being stuck in condo bulge. 

Also, to all who are WTFing their colleagues - I know I'll be right with you when I'm back from holidays. Stay strong! <3 
    First timer! 
    BFP: May 6, 2017 EDD: Jan. 13, 2018
  • Options
    WTF. WHO FARTS ON THE SUBWAY.
    Especially when it's so packed that no one can move. UGH.

@jaclyn0405 that sounds just cruel! 25 years!
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123
    Yep, i feel ya on this. I'm still gagging when taking my pills (i take a lot of pills), and when i'm flossing. I hoped it would be over by now!
  • Options
    @libbberty that's what I though too! I understand we have issues with her, but at least respect her tenure.

@jakobaby that would completely infuriate me! I can't help if I don't at least have the meeting minutes to understand what was discussed in my absence.  Ugh!
  • Options
    @gilsam1 I drink coffee and caffeine everyday. I check to make sure they're under the allowed limit, even though my dr didn't even mention it. Maybe it's in the packet I didn't read. Hah but whatever. I've got a crazy ass toddler running around. I dare you coffee places to side eye me. 

My wtf Wednesday actually goes to me and DH. We moved DS from one daycare to another because it was closer and an added bonus it's brand new. Well. We hate it there. They give him breakfast, aka pop tarts, and other crap food and they don't take him outside to play, they have an awesome playarea but I guess the 1 year olds don't go in there, and I feel like it's just a glorified babysitter and they don't actually teach him anything, oh and he got a massive bite mark bruise from another kid and they didn't give me an incident report about it. I really like his new teacher they put in his room. Anyway. We're trying to move him back to the old daycare even though it's 20 -30 minutes away with traffic but they won't have an opening till November. It just blows because we shouldn't have taken him out in the first place. I love that they taught him sign language and really helped to get him prepared for the next class by helping with eating solids, and transitioning to one nap. So I'm just pissed at myself for taking him out and him losing out on all that time he could have spent learning instead of whatever they do there. 

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @whitta1218 When I was pregnant with my first, my boss as Subway was a month more pregnant with me. No symptom existed that was worse than what she was experiencing, ever. I did not like to talk pregnancy with her. 

Also, anyone "waiting and seeing" at people is shit behavior. (That I'm sometimes guilty of. I understand where the impulse comes from. But it's not very empathetic a response.)

Edited to add: I just read the husband's attention addendum and ew. What a gross way to reinforce gender stereotypes and start female competition young.
  • Options
    my WTF goes to Hand Foot and Mouth Disease... my son starting showing symptoms at his birthday party on Saturday and we didn't realize what it was until it was full blown the next day. He's doing much better, but i told all the other moms and now 4 days later almost all of the other kiddos have it! I feel like such a jerk!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @karacc18 we've had two trips through that adventure hell park. HFM is so terrible. My DS got it from a friend's DD and she called me as soon as her kiddo started showing signs. Don't feel like a jerk because that crap spreads like wildfire. As long as you don't get it I wouldn't feel too bad. I got it the second time around and it was miserable. Sorry you've got to deal with the worst virus ever. It was the one time I didn't feel bad giving him popsicles.
  • Options
    @scatteringashes that is so ridiculous. If they need their parents to make calls for them then they shouldn't be in college. Support not babying
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @scatteringashes Ugh. The only thing I LET my parents call my college about were the few bits of financial paperwork with their names on it. That, I figured, was their business. The rest was my business. I did call my dad in for backup when they weren't going to let me march in our commencement because I had ONE unpaid library fine and I only needed two extra weeks to pay it... He had bought his plane tickets already and wasn't happy to be told he was flying out to watch me not get my diploma. 

I'm having a WTF Friday. WTF is with companies taking pictures of white products on white backgrounds? WT-Actual-F?

This is supposed to be a baby outfit. Darned if I can see it. How is anyone supposed to buy this? 

• Options
    @EmmyMommy123 and @gilsam1 - the gag reflex is still so strong when i brush my teeth and take pills, as well! It sucks. I try my best but also have become a bit ocd with mouth wash at least...blah. Still can't swallow any pills so i've been taking the kids liquid suspension tylenol and gummy prenatals :lol: