Waiting Room Wednesday - August 23 — The Bump
Babies on the Brain

Waiting Room Wednesday - August 23

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

Are you benched or TTA?

What brings you here?

How long do you think you'll be here?

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What would you sing at karaoke?
Me: 35 | DH: 35
Married: 9.17.16
Diminished ovarian reserve

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday - August 23

• @emiliadkay I looked up that Sperm Race thing and will have to give it a shot :) Maybe DH will want to watch it, lol. How's your cutting back going?

Are you benched or TTA? We're TTA!

What brings you here? The company and conversation.

How long do you think you'll be here? We're going to start trying in October, hopefully. I'll most likely continue to hang out around here, though.

How have things been going? They've been... strange. We're having a hard time financially thanks to my pay cut to take this job. DH is still driving Uber and I've applied for a couple of second jobs. We also found out that I have a very low AMH level (not "slightly low" like the nurse said; it's 0.31), so we may not be able to get pregnant. We're still going to try. Work is work. I can't wait for the weather to cool off. I just watched this really bizarre movie on Netflix because it was recommended for me. It wasn't very good. Also, last night, I apparently fell asleep at 7:30pm. DH tried to wake me up, but did not succeed.

Any R/R? Not really. My job is both really good and really bad birth control, if you get my meaning. I see so many cute babies, but also some kids who are just in their worst moments, for one reason or another.

GTKY: What would you sing at karaoke? If they had it, probably Battle Born by Five Finger Death Punch. I love singing that in my car. I have a crap voice, but I still blast my radio and sing. If not Battle Born, then an 80s power ballad (like I Remember You by Skid Row or something like that).
    Me: 35 | DH: 35
    Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    glitzandglitterizza2
  • Loading the player...
  • @dreamscapes_ First, I'm sorry for all the pain you described on your other post. Hope your doctors come up with some real solutions, and soon, and that you get to spend as much of your weekend curled up with a heating pad as you need, in the meantime. I know the feeling of waking up and realizing I've passed out on the couch at an absurdly early hour *so* well - it always makes me feel icky, but sometimes the bonus rest is actually what the body needs, ya know?

The cutting back has been going pretty well (alcohol has, shockingly enough, been the easiest thing to curtail), though we're now officially hunkered down for Hurricane Harvey surrounded by so many carbs and with so little to do but eat them...wish me luck!
    Me: 31 || H: 32
    DS: 07.2018